PDA

View Full Version : Aromasin and PCT

GS9902
06-19-2013, 01:49 AM
I have been reading as much as I can on the use of Aromasin in PCT. How it works and why? First there are plenty of write ups on standard PCT on this site. So I'll just skim over Clomid and Nolva quickly.
Clomid and Nolvadex are both anti-estrogens belonging to the same group of triphenylethylene compounds. They are structurally in the same family and specifically classified as selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) they act in two ways. One is by changing up the binding capacity of the receptor, then in others they can actually act as estrogen, activating the receptor. In men, both of these drugs act as anti-estrogens in their capacity to oppose the negative feedback of estrogens on the hypothalamus and stimulate the release of GnRH (Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone). LH output by the pituitary will be increased as a result, which in turn can increase the level of testosterone produced at the testes.

That's a quick summary of why we use both Clomid and Nolvadex on a PCT. The dose has been wildly played with over the years and guys have figured out that a dose of 100/100/50/50 of clomid and 40/40/20/20 of Nolvadex has proven to work very well.
HCG is another debatable form of PCT. Over the years I have found that HCG is best served with "ON" cycle use. It prevents an extended period of HPTA shutdown therefore making a reboot of that axis much more feasible and without heavy blast doses of hcg which in my opinion does as much detriment as it does benefit th user. Heavy doses will trigger the production of more estrogen counteracting the entire purpose of PCT. Which is to re-regulate the levels of test vs estrogen to the appropriate levels of homeostasis. It was this topic that led me to the Idea of using Aromasin as part of PCT. What I found researching this topic was quite interesting.

Well, Aromatase Inhibitors come in 2 types. Type 1 and Type 2. First Type 1 AI's bind by a process called hydroxylation; this hydroxylation process produces an unbreakable covalent bond between the inhibitor and the enzyme protein. Now the enzyme is permanently blocked even after all of the inhibitor is removed and can only be resumed by new enzyme synthesis. Type 2 Inhibitors on the other hand function all the same in their ability to reduce the binding process of the enzyme and the receptor. Except once the drug is discontinued or the concentration of the drug is sparse enough it is possible for the enzyme to seperate itself from the Inhibitor and eventually will allow renewed competion between the Inhibitor and the Enzyme for the receptor site. Aromasin is a type 1 AI and once it does what it's purpose is we don't need to continue use. Letro and Adex are Type 2 Ai's and the success of those drugs are continigent on the Doses and protocol of which we use them. Once you stop them you expose yourself to an Estrogen rebound. Now having said all of that there are also many other reason to why Aromasin use is beneficial to a Bodybuilder. One is Arimidex/Anastrozole Decreases IGF-1 18% while Aromasin/Exemestane Increases IGF-1 28%. Another is Aromasin is also known to decrease estrogen between 90-95% while boosting Endogenous Testosterone by about 60%, and also help out your free to bound testosterone ratio by lowering levels of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), by about 20% (12)�SHBG is that nasty enzyme that binds to testosterone and renders it useless for building muscle.
So let put all of this together. We need to ask ourselves what exactly are our goals for a successful PCT? 1) Reboot the HPT Axis; that's where the Clomid/Nolva/Hcg and Aromasin come in to play 2) Control the conversion of Aromatase as the Levels of exogenous Test decline; aromasin is scientifically proven to permanently deactivte the Aromatase Enzyme for the life of the Enzyme. In essence there is no possible Estrogen rebound as a byproduct of the Medications discontinued use.

I recommend running Aromasin @ 12.5/12.5/.6.25/6.25 alongside the standard Clomid Nolvadex Pct for optimum recovery and zero estrogen rebound.
So all of these facts are just the tip of the iceberg. There are more interesting facts and write ups all over the Web. Some are very scientific but I get bored with all of that mumbo jumbo talk. I need it said to me in leymans terms. So I wanted to simplify what I have read. I hope this helps somebody who has questions about this topic.

sofargone561
06-19-2013, 01:52 AM
i awlays use aromasin for PCT ood wrte up!

GS9902
06-19-2013, 02:22 AM
i awlays use aromasin for PCT ood wrte up!
Smart man. It's perfect for everyone but especially guys who are running big cycles and run adex all cycle long. That way E2 rebound can be kept in check.

sofargone561
06-19-2013, 03:21 AM
^ exactly!!!!

fonz
06-19-2013, 05:11 AM
Thanks bro awesome right up. Havent tried aromasin during pct. i never had a successful pct until i started using hcg on cycle. Would it be possible to use aromasin only for pct as i have done torme?

GS9902
06-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks bro awesome right up. Havent tried aromasin during pct. i never had a successful pct until i started using hcg on cycle. Would it be possible to use aromasin only for pct as i have done torme?

No bro you still need a med to reboot the LH. Guys like Roberts recommend Nolvadex HCG with Aromasin along with Vitiman E. I personally would add clomid into the mix for the extra boost to LH. To expand a bit on the Aromasin, the many positives it possess there really isn't anything Ive seen that shows it to trigger the stimulus of the LH like the two serms Clomid Nolva. Used together in one pct protocol blends all of the best of each drug. There aren't many studies on this mixture in one case. At least I haven't found any. The only guys running the combo seem to be all Juicers. So a lot of the testimonials must be accompanied with Blood tests. The more blood tests we get using this combo the more scientific evidence that it works. On another site I am a member of this pct is common and there are bloods there as proof.
It may not be for everyone, we all make up our own minds on our pct. The more options we have to choose from the better. That's just my opinion on it.

vw4334
06-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Ive used it before and liked it

president
07-09-2013, 01:03 AM
I used aromasin along with clomid and hcg. I got good results.

peewee
07-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Yeah I'm gonna try it with pct this time

bbcoach
07-09-2013, 03:57 AM
What about running Aromasin during cycle? is that better or worse?

MuscleAddiction
07-09-2013, 04:05 AM
Running an AI during cycle is like peanut butter is to jelly...they go together bro!!!

youngtricep98
07-09-2013, 04:13 AM
rich piana stated that he uses HCG for post cycle. granted his dose is extremely high. im wondering if anyone has ever tried this with aromasin. his logic makes sense though

MuscleAddiction
07-09-2013, 04:39 AM
My research has HCG stopping when SERMs are introduced...is he using HCG without SERMs? Although not everyone is the same, and different things work for different people!

youngtricep98
07-09-2013, 08:04 PM
My research has HCG stopping when SERMs are introduced...is he using HCG without SERMs? Although not everyone is the same, and different things work for different people!

hes using hcg without any serm correct. i didnt mean to put with aromasin. his logic is why use hcg to produce testosterone when your already injecting yourself with it. its confusing your body and counteractive

bigdude
08-03-2013, 09:08 PM
What about running Aromasin during cycle? is that better or worse?

What would that look like also?

kubes
12-01-2013, 05:54 PM
hes using hcg without any serm correct. i didnt mean to put with aromasin. his logic is why use hcg to produce testosterone when your already injecting yourself with it. its confusing your body and counteractive

To maintain testicular function during the administration of exogenous testosterone. Makes pct much easier you body recovers lh production quickly but restarting the tesies after they have been shut down for 10-12 weeks is more difficult.