PDA

View Full Version : bicep tear

Walker
06-26-2013, 09:34 PM
just had my knee scoped and yesterday had mri on my left elbow. doc calls today around 9am and tells me my bicep is being help on by a small piece of scar tissue. fuck me i don't have time for this shit! scheduled for surgery tomorrow around 12 to get repaired. he said 6-8 weeks with no lifting. wanted to hear some real world experience from others who've had this done.

thanks

JM750
06-26-2013, 09:37 PM
I never had this happen. But I will tell you this much. After the surgery do not go trying to train before he tells you its ok. Dont fuk it up on yourself. I know how hard it is to not be able to rein. Just be patient. Good luck.

Walker
06-26-2013, 10:43 PM
i know right, i'm a fucking hard head. lol luckily the doc that's doing mine is a childhood class mate and knows everything i do.... he said jokingly to lay off the tren! i guess i'll clean up my diet and maybe do some treadmill time until i'm released. fuck this is going to be a long gotdamn summer

ODB
06-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Tore my right Bicep completely Off down @ elbow (did not have Ins @ the time so had to wait 30days to see Doc).

Anyhow surgery was not bad, released next day, removed my soft-cast myself wk2 and started squeezing soft stuff like nerf balls + slowly moving/getting range of motion back (don't forget bicep supinates forearm). I know forearm muscles squeeze but it helped me.- slowly + carefully working my way to squeezing more challenging stuff and doing bicep curls with 3-5lb. (about 4-6wks)

One point I did not use any of the pain killers or anti-inflammatory med's (after Hosp) - so I could feel it + not do too much or re-injure.

(They remove soft-cast + put u in a metal cast/brace where u can dial in dif range's of motion. - I never really wore the brace)

By the time they removed the cast + stitches + sent me to physical therapy they where amazed that I had 100% range of motion + some strength.

In physical Therapy they only let me use 3-5lb for curls but by then I was slowly increasing weight - nothing amazing just slow + safe.

U will bounce back quick + I feel no concern's about my right bicep tendon just as strong if not stronger (I would have had the left detached + reattached @ the same time if I knew that)
Except my scar looks like someone tried to cut my arm off (my fault forgot to tell Doc I was allergic to latex + they used latex stitches? - see ladies I was not lying:)

Good Luck + feel free to ask me any quest

Walker
06-26-2013, 11:05 PM
damn lol not exactly the news i wanted to hear! jk

i wasn't really expecting to have physical therapy, is that the norm? he never mentioned it in any of our conversations, soft cast either? oh well i really have no options now. i appreciate your input bro

drednought
06-27-2013, 03:00 AM
When I did mine a few years ago it had to be reattached into the forearm (pulled out at anchor pt). Same as above but wore the cage and doc. slowly increased range of motion...no pt out of cage because i got stronger from carrying it around and doing light exercise (as directed by doc). Had probly best surgeon in us work on it. Said no pt is necessary if strength returns, my kind of tear kept body of tendon intact....just plugged it back in. Back lifting decent weight in 10 or 11 weeks later. Recovery depends on type of tear...

af86
06-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Hope for a speedy recovery. Oh ask ur doctor for a script of gh to " speed up the healing process " lol:)

Walker
06-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Actually got off gh about a month ago, but thinking about getting back on soon

thank you

Jacked
06-27-2013, 07:36 PM
ouch!!!! sorry to hear that bro

Walker
06-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Surgery done. Feeling no pain at the moment. Doc said things went good

Dont wanna be old
06-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Grab some TB400 and improve healing
Hang in there .

flyingfox272
06-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Good luck with your recovery Bro! Remember that this is not a sprint it's a marathon so take your time you will come back strong.

jinko
06-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Good luck with your recovery Bro! Remember that this is not a sprint it's a marathon so take your time you will come back strong.

Nail on the head.

toppjimie
06-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Get well soon brother.you'll be back working out in No Time.Keep a Postitve attude and Let it heal.

Walker
06-28-2013, 08:05 AM
i think my procedure was same as the ones mentioned. the doc went ahead and cut scar tissue that was holding muscle down then drilled hole in the bone placing a mesh material in hole then attaching muscle to the bone where hole and mesh are. going to avoid painkillers until i absolutely have to so i don't risk having to have it re done.. doubt i'll be posting much cause typing one handed blows lol

thanks again brothers

Walker
07-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Slapped my old ladies ass with bad arm and thought I was gonna cry! Doesn't hurt bad at rest but shits uncomfortable with lifting anything. Fucker must've used a 3/8"x2" lag bolt to fasten my shit down!

drednought
07-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Slapped my old ladies ass with bad arm and thought I was gonna cry! Doesn't hurt bad at rest but shits uncomfortable with lifting anything. Fucker must've used a 3/8"x2" lag bolt to fasten my shit down!
LOL, it will feel that way. The st 2 weeks out it felt like my whole arm was being pressed down by the incision area. Take it slow and easy :)

Georgiaboi87
07-03-2013, 07:12 PM
damn bro tht sucks

toppjimie
07-03-2013, 07:47 PM

LOL..,haha..,wont be using that hand for wacking eather for Awhile bro! The healing after an operation is the PAINFUL Part But having to do shit with one arm must suck.Hang in there Brother.,your'll be slapping the ol ladys ass harder next time,lol!

legsnatch
07-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I tore my bicept tendon completely from the bone where it attaches to the forearm... surgery went well, painful as fuck the first two days. it is a dtrawn out rehab. 6 mths before i was at full force. hang in there bro and good luck!

drednought
07-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Keep us posted on your progress. If the healing period goes as expected, the tendon will be stronger than before at the attachment point. Was it your off hand or primary arm?

Walker
07-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Luckily my off hand. I'm at dr right now for follow up. Thinking about asking his opinion on low dose GH for healing. Anyhow I seem to be healing quickly. I went to the gym yesterday and did some light legs and was also able to do some tricep cable extensions and light chest (seated machine). Today both my knee and bicep have no pain. Just a slight discomfort at the incision on the elbow. I've heard some real horror stories about this type tear. I guess I should consider myself lucky.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll keep updating as healing progresses.

Walker
07-15-2013, 10:37 PM
I asked dr about hgh at this appointment and he said there is def benefit from using gh for healing (no shit lol), but like most he had to say "i can't tell you yes or no and NO I DO NOT RX HGH".

I think sometimes doctors don't listen cause I told him right off I wasn't looking for a script of gh....
anyhow I was wondering how much size was lost after others tore their bicep? my shit is looking sad right now. discouraging to say the least. i'm afraid to measure it because I know I'll freak the fuckout on how much i've lost!

Gopro
07-15-2013, 10:58 PM
just had my knee scoped and yesterday had mri on my left elbow. doc calls today around 9am and tells me my bicep is being help on by a small piece of scar tissue. fuck me i don't have time for this shit! scheduled for surgery tomorrow around 12 to get repaired. he said 6-8 weeks with no lifting. wanted to hear some real world experience from others who've had this done.

thanks

Dont forget, certain types of AAS's actually aid in the healing process. Maybe do some research and get on one or two. And diet, eat right and you will heal faster. It is way more of a mayjor tear than just the tiny tears you get when you lift, but treat it the same, feed it the food and supps it needs to heal.

Walker
07-16-2013, 12:26 AM
yeah i'm considering adding 150mg deca with my test replacement during this healing time. it;s been a long time since i've had to take this sorta break and honestly i think it's fucking with my mind a bit.

edit, i'm usually very strict on my diet, but have let things slip slightly. i said sunday i was going to really start cleaning up my diet, but i've seemed to lost my focus i guess.

tomorrow's a new day!

megaman1
07-17-2013, 01:44 AM
A buddy of mine had this problem. Had to wait 6 weeks and only could work out legs and abs. He of course lost some gains,but got them back pretty quick man. All you can do is take it easy and keep in mind that when you do heal....You'll be able to hit it hard!

Walker
07-21-2013, 12:22 PM
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n492/s_walker2/17485_4925329935385_550154914_n_zps08fb40da.jpg (http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/s_walker2/media/17485_4925329935385_550154914_n_zps08fb40da.jpg.ht ml)

this was 3 days post surgery i think. my bicep has really lost some size from all this

Walker
07-21-2013, 12:35 PM
anyone who feels sorry for me and wants to donate hgh for healing just pm me and i'll send you my addy :D

Walker
07-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Lol I wondered where my .40s&w was! Just noticed it in this pic above fridge lmao

Walker
07-28-2013, 03:16 PM
4 weeks post surgery now. Bicep has lost major size and is about an 1 1/2" - 2" shorter now. Using 4-5 iu's of GH 5 days a week, 250mg deca and 300mg test. Honestly I know I'm trying to do to much. I went to the gym 4 days last week and iced my arm all 4 days. Point of incision is risen and slightly sore. For next two weeks (minimum) its cardio only.

drednought
07-29-2013, 03:47 PM
You are luck y to be able to do cardio at a decent level. When I did mine they wanted me to keep my cardio level low for 6 weeks so it would not interfere with the healing, had to reroute the main artery due to the way the tendon had to lay.

Walker
07-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Yeah I'm not a real big fan of everyday cardio, but it does help heal so I'll keep on it! Right now I'm about half ass sick with a summer cold so until this crap clears I'm gonna rest.

drednought
08-08-2013, 04:04 PM
How is the rehab going ?

Walker
08-10-2013, 01:13 AM
I had to stop lifting completely. I started noticing the incision area after even cardio getting raised and the muscle having spasms. I have a dr app this coming Tuesday. I don't think I've reinjured myself or anything, but felt a short break would be best. I'll wait and see how my dr feels about me going back to the gym. I got my bill for both my knee surgery and bicep. The knee was only $5500, the torn bi cost me a lil over $10k so I definitely don't want to go through all this again. I'll update what saw bones has to say. Thank you for checking on me.

flyingfox272
08-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Just read your updates, i know it's tough but you gotta let yourself heal bro.

lost1
07-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Wow that looks familiar just had mine re attached and I have the same scar. I was in a cast for 2 weeks now the doc said I could move it but no lifting. He told me 8 months to get full strength back.