PDA

View Full Version : Fact of Myth: Deca and finastride

phfreak
08-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I have heard that Deca with finastride will make you shed like crazy, I have also heard this is a myth. Does anyone have any experience with it?

sofargone561
08-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Ive ran decca a few times about to start again, never had an hear loss with anything or shedding ive actually noticed i have more hair lol idk what compound is cuasing that but it better stop becuase im hairy enough

Wacker
08-07-2013, 10:13 PM
FINASTERIDE

USES: This medication is used to treat male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia) at the crown and in the middle of the scalp. It should be used by adult men only.This medication works by decreasing the amount of a natural body hormone (DHT). Decreasing the amount of DHT leads to increased hair regrowth and slower hair loss. Hair growth on other parts of the body is not affected by finasteride.Women and children should not use this medication.

phfreak
08-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks wacker. I know how finasteride stops the 5-ar enzyme, but is deca cause more shedding if it is not reduced by this enzyme?

phfreak
08-10-2013, 02:38 AM
Bump. Does anyone have any personal experience with deca and a 5-ar inhibitor? I have read stories saying it will cause major shedding and others who say it is a myth. I would love to hear from someone who tried it. If I can't run deca with finastride what would be a better option: primo or mastron maybe? I am currently on 600 test e a week and 800 eq, which I will run out of in 2 weeks. I want to run the cycle at least another 8-10 weeks what should I add in for the finisher? (Preferably no orals I ran superdrol at the beginning so liver enzymes are elevated.

texson
08-10-2013, 03:18 AM
DHT is the leading cause for MPB in men, so your biggest concern is AASs in the DHT anabolic family. DHT in men is produced by the 5AR conversion applied to testosterone, but I am sure you know this already. So your second concern is testosterones.

Nandrolone is a 19-nor, not a DHT or a testosterone, and in fact, acts to inhibit the 5AR, just like finastride. Nandrolone does not convert into DHT, but it does, however produce DHN, which, in itself, is not a major concern in regards to MPB. Not only that, but finastride will also lower DHN levels as well.

So the short answer to your question is that yes, it is a myth. I know where the myth originated and why, but its late, Im lazy and will let it suffice to say that the myth is a misnomer.

And, of course, no one is going to run a deca only cycle, so there will be test involved....Im guessing, in which case, if you are prone to MPB, you are better off including finastride than not.

Again, there is no magic synergy between deca and finastride that is going to make you or anyone else shed. Just the opposite.

Wacker
08-10-2013, 03:20 AM
I'm running 400mg deca a week now and have not noticed any increase in hairloss-still a hairy mother fucker.

Now if I understand the research I did finasteride is a DHT blocker which again from what I understand is not produced by deca. Why do you want to take finasteride are you adding something else that increases DHT?

Joker/Tex one of those guys should probably chime in hear and correct me if I'm fucked up here-

Wacker
08-10-2013, 03:22 AM
Looks like he already did-lmao that was fast

texson
08-10-2013, 03:27 AM
Looks like he already did-lmao that was fast

don't ever sell the texson short.

or owe him money.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y440/brust247/txw/texmoneycollectsmall_zps44cd1f14.jpg