PDA

View Full Version : REAL TALK on half-lives

supermansdaddy
10-25-2010, 12:56 AM
I've been read'n alot of threads that make me think that perhaps the functional, practical use of compound half-life may be misunderstood or just completely omitted. I also don't see many post'n bout orals and AI's half-life and their most effective uses. Also I've seen many plan'n cycles based on active -life instead of half-life which is basically a crap shoot when it comes to get'n max gains and keep'n them.

An important consideration when plann'n a cycle at least to me, in particular the timing of dose'n to be administered, is the active half-life of the drug being employed. We can play the (t) game.The half-life may be defined as the time (t) the level is half of the start'n level of a given compound; at time 2t, the level is a quarter of the startn level, and at time 3t, the level is an eighth of the start'n level, and so on.

This information is vital in the time'n of the dose'n when attempt'n to achieve a more stable blood concentration, which leads to greater overall results and maintenance of gains. Some fluctuations of concentration levels are acceptable, and are also mostly unavoidable, but should be kept to a minimum.

This covers the half-life's of the most commonly used steroids, esters and ancillary compounds.

Oral steroids

Drug Active half-life
Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours
Dianabol (methandrostenolone, methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours ( this is why Dbol is wasted unless it is dosed at least twice daily)
Methyltestosterone 4 days
Winstrol (stanozolol)
(tablets or depot taken orally) 9 hours

Steroid esters

The half-life applies to the ester regardless of hormone attached, for example trenbolone enanthate and primobolan (methenolone enanthate) will act very similarly to testosterone enanthate in terms of release rate.

Drug Active half-life
Suspension within 1 hour
Acetate 1 day
Propionate 1 day
Phenylpropionate 1-2 days
Butyrate 2-3 days
Valerate 3 days
Hexanoate 3 days
Caproate 4-5 days
Isocaproate 4-5 days
Heptanoate 5-6 days
Enanthate 5-6 days
Octanoate 6-7 days
Cypionate 6-7 days
Nonanoate 7 days
Decanoate 7-8 days
Undeclenate 8-9 days
Undecanoate Approx 20 days but math says 19.3 to be exact and yes I am a geek. lol

Ancillaries

Drug Active half-life
Arimidex 3 days
Clenbuterol 1.5 days
Clomid 5 days
Cytadren 6 hours
Ephedrine 6 hours
T3 10 hours

A practical example is if one was to inject 100mg of testosterone propionate and allow blood levels to peak. In approx 36 hours time (half-life duration from the above tables) and provide'n no other injections had taken place, the level would be reduced to 50mg. Again, a further approx 36 hours down the line and levels would have dropped to 25mg, and the value keeps halve'n every approx 36 hours.

Take it for what it's worth. You may find it useful I hope. But what the hell would I know lol

Peace and Love

unclem
10-25-2010, 03:38 PM
i love this post , wat else do u need as a reference guide?

VictorZ06
10-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Spot on SMD! You studied this material and did the math....and look how well your last run went! Goes to show what the mind can do to the body when the mind is actually working. Real Talk! ;)

/V

big_k
11-09-2010, 05:15 AM
http://www.roidcalc.com/

All I ever use...

BrotherIron
11-09-2010, 06:17 AM
I could use a detection time list. Need to know when to drop certain AAS so I don't piss positive in an Oly Meet.

lastchance
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
good information to know!

paolo123
12-25-2010, 01:21 AM
I had a ? on test p and i found the answer on the example you gave on your post. Very helpful.

STONE 69
12-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Great post bub!!!

blazeftp
01-28-2011, 06:02 PM
shouldn't there be some clarification between the active half-life of the hormone itself and the delay caused by the ester?

100mg of test -e goes into your system on january 1st. BUT, the actual hormone isn't even active yet. it has to first make its way into the blood stream and be freed of the ester, correct? at THAT point, it becomes active. it would then be active for a few hours and then start dissipating, correct?

so because the ester results in a delayed release of the testosterone hormone, the half-life is displayed as being 5-6 days but that would then make you assume that 5-6 after THAT the drug would be at 25%, but that makes no sense given what we know about the unesterified testosterone hormone.

or is the calculation including the freeing of the ester, thus saying that typically at the 5-6 day mark half of the test you injected has been freed up.....?

does my question make sense?

Thanks in advance.

STONE 69
01-28-2011, 06:44 PM
I could use a detection time list. Need to know when to drop certain AAS so I don't piss positive in an Oly Meet.
Quote:

Detection times

Anavar ............................................3 weeks
Anadrol........................................... ..2 months
Andriol........................................... ...1 week
Boldenone Undecyclenate...................4-5 months
Clen.............................................. ...4-5 Days
DBol ................................................5 weeks
Deca ................................................18 months
Ephedrin ...........................................4-5 Days
Halo.............................................. ....2 months
Methamphetamin ...............................6-10 Days
Nandrolon Phenylprop ........................12 months
Nilevar........................................... ....5-6 weeks
Parabolan......................................... ..4-5 weeks
Proviron.......................................... ...5 weeks
Primo Depot.......................................4-5 weeks
Sustanon ...........................................3 months
Spiropent......................................... ...4-5 days
Test cyp .............................................3 months
Test enat ............................................3 months
Test Prop.............................................2-3 weeks
Trenbolon Acet ....................................4-5 weeks
*Test supspenison No metabolites. t/e should be back to normal in days
Equipoise......................................... ....4-5months
Winny oral...........................................3 weeks .
Winny inj.............................................2 months

Flathead
01-28-2011, 07:37 PM
2 Months on Halo, WTF???? That sucks, LOL!

Good stuff Stone

joeblow12345
10-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Nice post

NutritionGame
05-23-2015, 05:42 PM
good info!

hockeytownpump
05-25-2015, 04:00 PM
Excellent post very important information here to digest. Thanks for the post brother!

Anabolic Plus
09-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Hi gals and guys, i posted this in our sub forum but i believe it to be info worthy to be added here. i left it as the whole original post but it's all relevant to this thread. hope its of some use to some. Note the part in red.

thanks.

One of my favorite compounds is Test Suspension. this is hands down a great compound for packing on some nice lean lbs and also for great strength but it has such a bad rap attached to it which is completely undeserved. for those of you who use this compound you already know, but for those of you who don't here is a few bits of info that i hope will swing you to give this amazing compound a try. this breakdown has real world info from a study carried out and has been put together by Heavy.

"Test Suspension"

Testosterone is the undisputed king of steroids mainly because it is safe, elicits rapid mass and strength gains while maintaining libido, a sense of well being and energy. It’s not uncommon for a first time user to gain 15-20lbs of LBM in a standard testosterone cycle.

Suspensions have tiny particles that are visible with the naked eye. If left on the shelf for a few days many times the particles will sink to the bottom leaving the clear solvents and water on the top. Depending on the manufacturer, particle sizes vary meaning some Suspension preparations can clog a 22 gauge needle. Ultra micronized Suspension can pass through a 25 gauge needle making injections more comfortable. Shake the suspension preparation vigorously before injecting.

Testosterone suspension is the most potent form of testosterone because it does not possess an ester. Esters are calculated into the steroid weight therefore esterfied steroids are not a true mg for mg of free hormone. 100mg of suspension is 100mg of free hormone! Enanthate in a solution is only 72mg of free hormone per 100mg. You can see that Suspension is the true king steroid. However because there is no ester many users will inject suspension everyday or even multiple times per day. This is usually reason enough for most people to reject using suspension but it gets worse. Usually suspension is quite painful as well. Combine every day injections with significant pain and most users simply pass on trying suspension at all. Some new science now demonstrates that everyday and even every other day injections are not necessary with Testosterone Suspension.

What is the real half life of Testosterone Suspension?

There is no classic half life of aqueous Testosterone Suspension due to the nature of the various suspension particle sizes and the non existence of an ester. In other words we don’t see the same types of decay rates with blood androgen levels in non esterfied preparations that are seen in esterfied preparations. However in March of 2011 there was a pharmacokinetics study done in horses that reported a median terminal half-life of 39 hours with aqueous Testosterone Suspension.(1) The disposition of testosterone from this formulation was characterized by an initial, rapid absorption phase followed by a much more variable secondary absorption phase. There were at least two plasma testosterone concentration peaks. The first peak is almost immediate and the second peak is a whopping 7 days later on average according to the chart in the full study. The study indicates that the initial peak is from the Testosterone formulation solution and the following peak(s) from the solid material in the suspension.

Basically the solution almost immediately hits the blood stream when injected and then a few days later the solid particles are slowly absorbed by the body causing other peaks in testosterone blood androgen levels.

So how often should you administer Suspension?

Based on this science, injecting Suspension every other day or even every three days will maintain high blood androgen levels. The king of steroids has had a time release delay built into it all along and we have the data to prove it. 100mg every other day would be a good starting dose for newer male users. More advanced male users could easily double that dose for very rapid and pronounced LBM gains. Suspension is moderately estrogenic and that effect will be dose dependant. The more you administer the more likely aromatase activity will occur. I would use nolvadex (http://cem-meso.com/research-chemicals/serms/tamox-50ml-20mg-ml.html?utm_source=steroid&utm_medium=keyword%2Bhacks&utm_term=nolva&utm_campaign=steroid%2Bkeyword%20hacks) to lower estrogenic side effects or an aromatase inhibitor (http://cem-meso.com/research-chemicals/aromatase-inhibitors.html?utm_source=steroid&utm_medium=keyword%2Bhacks&utm_term=aromatase%2Binhibitor&utm_campaign=steroid%2Bkeyword%20hacks).

Sample 8 week cycle

Sunday 20mg Nolvadex
Monday 150mg Suspension/20mg Nolvadex
Tuesday 20mg Nolvadex
Wednesday 150mg Suspension/20mg Nolvadex
Thursday 20mg Nolvadex
Friday 150mg Suspension/20mg Nolvadex
Saturday 20mg Nolvadex

Nolvadex is used to keep lipids positively influenced for those concerned with cardiovascular health. I have opted for an injection schedule of only three times per week to allow for comfort and because a more frequent schedule is not needed.

This cycle should produce rapid increases in strength and mass. I would use this cycle during a bulking phase. A more adventuresome user could stack a strong oral like anadrol (https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/anadrol/) ordianabol (https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/dianabol/) with the above cycle at 50mg daily producing an amazing and rapid increase in power, size and strength if nutrition, training and recovery are dialed in.

Reference

An interlaboratory study of the pharmacokinetics of testosterone following intramuscular administration to Thoroughbred horses.

GoProp
09-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Interesting!!

LukeWalker
05-05-2016, 05:58 AM
There is more to this than the basic half life of the ester release. Different oils and injection compounds release at different rates. Takes time before the half life begins. Note the above mentioned study on test no ester. It peaked days later but the known half life is supposed to be very quick.

Test undeconate is now being used for TRT. The pharm research is one 750mgs injection followed by a 4 week 750mgs injection. Half life is listed as 14-17 days. Yet they suggest 4 weeks between shot number one and shot number 2. For the rest of the year, 750mgs injections is every 10 weeks. 10 weeks!. Try and explain that for a drug with a 16 day half life.

My theory is the injection site holds some of the compound and the blood stream doesn't pick it up as quick. Might take several days or weeks for every milligram of compound to be released from the oil. Only then does it start its half life math spiral.

Masse
06-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Okay but 20 mg Nolvadex when not really needed? I don't know..
IGF1 Level are not so much elevated with Nolvadex. Contra productive in a way...
But when needed okay..

FastBunny
03-05-2018, 06:44 AM
Very useful information. Thank you! Was clueless on some of these. gem of a article

alx6381
03-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Great info! Thanks for sharing bros!

MarineOnGear92
03-24-2018, 08:05 PM
great post dude.

Couchlockd
03-26-2018, 07:11 PM
bumped subscribed for easy retrieval of info.

thx for the hard work!

mrmoltov
03-27-2018, 04:08 PM
Question, wouldn't it make more sense then to use longer acting esters that stay in the blood stream for longer periods of time to maintain steady bl's and get "more bang for your buck?"

mrmoltov
03-27-2018, 04:09 PM
Love the write up by the way!!!

SuperNova79
04-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Commenting on the NPP detection time of 12 months. Im not worried, but what metabolites are lingering around for so long? This is what I always wondered. No wonder people said to do NPP EOD regarding it's half-life.

OldAndFrail
04-13-2018, 02:34 PM
I've been read'n alot of threads that make me think that perhaps the functional, practical use of compound half-life may be misunderstood or just completely omitted. I also don't see many post'n bout orals and AI's half-life and their most effective uses. Also I've seen many plan'n cycles based on active -life instead of half-life which is basically a crap shoot when it comes to get'n max gains and keep'n them.

An important consideration when plann'n a cycle at least to me, in particular the timing of dose'n to be administered, is the active half-life of the drug being employed. We can play the (t) game.The half-life may be defined as the time (t) the level is half of the start'n level of a given compound; at time 2t, the level is a quarter of the startn level, and at time 3t, the level is an eighth of the start'n level, and so on.

This information is vital in the time'n of the dose'n when attempt'n to achieve a more stable blood concentration, which leads to greater overall results and maintenance of gains. Some fluctuations of concentration levels are acceptable, and are also mostly unavoidable, but should be kept to a minimum.

This covers the half-life's of the most commonly used steroids, esters and ancillary compounds.

Oral steroids

Drug Active half-life
Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours
Dianabol (methandrostenolone, methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours ( this is why Dbol is wasted unless it is dosed at least twice daily)
Methyltestosterone 4 days
Winstrol (stanozolol)
(tablets or depot taken orally) 9 hours

Steroid esters

The half-life applies to the ester regardless of hormone attached, for example trenbolone enanthate and primobolan (methenolone enanthate) will act very similarly to testosterone enanthate in terms of release rate.

Drug Active half-life
Suspension within 1 hour
Acetate 1 day
Propionate 1 day
Phenylpropionate 1-2 days
Butyrate 2-3 days
Valerate 3 days
Hexanoate 3 days
Caproate 4-5 days
Isocaproate 4-5 days
Heptanoate 5-6 days
Enanthate 5-6 days
Octanoate 6-7 days
Cypionate 6-7 days
Nonanoate 7 days
Decanoate 7-8 days
Undeclenate 8-9 days
Undecanoate Approx 20 days but math says 19.3 to be exact and yes I am a geek. lol

Ancillaries

Drug Active half-life
Arimidex 3 days
Clenbuterol 1.5 days
Clomid 5 days
Cytadren 6 hours
Ephedrine 6 hours
T3 10 hours

A practical example is if one was to inject 100mg of testosterone propionate and allow blood levels to peak. In approx 36 hours time (half-life duration from the above tables) and provide'n no other injections had taken place, the level would be reduced to 50mg. Again, a further approx 36 hours down the line and levels would have dropped to 25mg, and the value keeps halve'n every approx 36 hours.

Take it for what it's worth. You may find it useful I hope. But what the hell would I know lol

Peace and Love

GREAT POST!!

Oldskool
08-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Thx for the info

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OrangeCat
09-17-2018, 05:55 AM
Great Job, man!