PDA

View Full Version : LOW T?

go hard or go home
11-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey fellas, some of you may knw me some dont so let me tell you a little and maybe you guys can help. Ok Im 31 soon 32,was. In great shape weighing 170 benching 325 about 6 times ( pretty good at only 170 I think ), well I have had a shitty 2 years to in which I suffered a minor heart attack, then got a vasectomy, tore my bicep tendon, shattered ankle basically twice. Well finally back from all that shit and not good I gained a fuck ton of weight I am now 235lbs which i gained in the last 12 months. So I went to see my family Dr because I have been moody as fuck, dont want to fuck lol, and tired as hell all the time, oh and forgot I was diagnosed severe sleep apnea machine dont do shit. But back to family Dr so she ran some test and came back Im pre diabetic, severe Vitamin D deficiency which she placed me on 50,000 units of vitamin d 2times a week, and my Testosterone levels came in at 355 free and clear. She said its not concerning but everything I read says 355 is great if your fucking 80 years old. What do you guys think? I took it upon myself to get an appointment with a Urologist, so help me guys, should I be worried? Whats normal range? I will be happy to give more info if needed.

ironmako
11-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Time of day has large effect on test levels. Early morning it peaks. If you get tested late in the day it will show lower. My old man is 72 and he had a 350 ng/dl when tested (can't say time of day). I went to the local low T clinic advertising on the radio and at my gym and they read my levels as just below 300 when I was stressed as hell working 14 hrs a day with a new baby and a toddler, not sleeping, wasn't enjoying sex as much, etc. I tested at 4pm so wasn't surprised at the result, plus i think they skew down a little for business reasons b/c i compared with 3 different labs, but I got what I was looking for. That was 1.5 yrs ago and I'm 36. Urologist may say test at 7-8am and you come out in the 400-500's and says you are fine. As you point out being "in range" is a broad comment that frequently overlooks age. Considering the weight gain you mention "estrogen-like" imbalance can also be affecting your levels. I love TRT and it improves my quality of life from the gym to the bedroom to the boardroom. Read up on the stickies in the TRT sub forum. Really good stuff in there.

go hard or go home
11-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Hey fellas, some of you may knw me some dont so let me tell you a little and maybe you guys can help. Ok Im 31 soon 32,was. In great shape weighing 170 benching 325 about 6 times ( pretty good at only 170 I think ), well I have had a shitty 2 years to in which I suffered a minor heart attack, then got a vasectomy, tore my bicep tendon, shattered ankle basically twice. Well finally back from all that shit and not good I gained a fuck ton of weight I am now 235lbs which i gained in the last 12 months. So I went to see my family Dr because I have been moody as fuck, dont want to fuck lol, and tired as hell all the time, oh and forgot I was diagnosed severe sleep apnea machine dont do shit. But back to family Dr so she ran some test and came back Im pre diabetic, severe Vitamin D deficiency which she placed me on 50,000 units of vitamin d 2times a week, and my Testosterone levels came in at 355 free and clear. She said its not concerning but everything I read says 355 is great if your fucking 80 years old. What do you guys think? I took it upon myself to get an appointment with a Urologist, so help me guys, should I be worried? Whats normal range? I will be happy to give more info if needed.

Time Bandit
11-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Ah! Your in trouble brother and you have work to do. You know this already and thats why your here. 500 is the new low. 355 sucks major balls. Would love to see where your estradiol is at. None the less. Its time to save your self from long term damage and best you start today as in right now. Do this Only if you are going to give "YOU" a
second chance at life. If your hearts not into it then don't waist your time and best of luck. I don't want to sound like an asshole but I will.

This has to take priority over everything thats going on in your life or in a few years it wont matter. Up to you. What do you want to do ???

go hard or go home
11-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Iron it was done at 8:00 am lmao.

go hard or go home
11-20-2013, 01:14 AM
The rapid weight gain and pre diabetic seems to be major pointers as well toward low t also read vitamin deficiency is a pointer as well, and fact that the test was 8:00 am. Does not bold well. Also forgot to mention I am 5foot 9. Guess I will see tomorrow.

TheTrain
11-20-2013, 01:19 AM
From what I know that seems low mate...good luck!

ironmako
11-20-2013, 01:38 AM
The rapid weight gain and pre diabetic seems to be major pointers as well toward low t also read vitamin deficiency is a pointer as well, and fact that the test was 8:00 am. Does not bold well. Also forgot to mention I am 5foot 9. Guess I will see tomorrow.
Sounds like the test values are legit then. You should be able to get a script. Good luck bro, like I said I love TRT. As others have said its a commitment. There is a WEALTH of good info on the board.

go hard or go home
11-20-2013, 02:29 AM
Yeah once I see the Dr tomorrow I will hopefully learn more and understand it better.

go hard or go home
11-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Time Bandit, Im aware man which is why I went to the Dr, shit just was not adding up to me. I mean shit how do you go from 170 putting up 325, to 325 putting up 170 lol ( not really the numbers but you get my point). For sure taking it serious man, this fat shit is not me at all bro. I was pretty thin my entire life, full of energy, and could get it up just by looking at a mediocre looking chick, now its all opposite and not fun, wife said I been a dick, lazy, and not interested anymore which is no bueno in my book, have to make changes for my kids and me, and changes shall be done.

go hard or go home
11-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Well saw the Dr. He said it seems my testosterone receptors are the problem, he believes my brain is not sending the signals to release the testosterone. He sent me for more blood, and said he will not be comfortable with trt because my age, said what he will likely do is prescribe Clomid and see how that helps. What do you guys think of this? Ever hear of it working?

go hard or go home
11-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Well saw the Dr. He said it seems my testosterone receptors are the problem, he believes my brain is not sending the signals to release the testosterone. He sent me for more blood, and said he will not be comfortable with trt because my age, said what he will likely do is prescribe Clomid and see how that helps. What do you guys think of this? Ever hear of it working?

JRock
11-20-2013, 09:37 PM
That sucks man. Hope you get it resolved.

bugse2342
11-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Good luck man

Time Bandit
11-30-2013, 11:50 PM
I think its time to go find another doctor. This to is a problem and you need to search for one. Dont settle for less then what you need. I had to see
3 diffrent doctors before I landed the one that would work with me.

Good luck.

08gsxr
11-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Definitely get a new doc bro. 355 is terribly low. Glad to hear you recovered from a heart attack. Like he said it's a second chance at life. Work hard and pursue your goals brother

Deimos
12-01-2013, 08:24 AM
My doc got me on TRT at 400 test levels. Put me on 300mg week Cyp.
Dont know how sensative you are to test but if that estrogen gets high it will feel just like low test plus bloat. Good luck

Time Bandit
12-01-2013, 01:38 PM
My doc got me on TRT at 400 test levels. Put me on 300mg week Cyp.
Dont know how sensative you are to test but if that estrogen gets high it will feel just like low test plus bloat. Good luck

I hate a high E day. It becomes a drag ass day till the test takes over and the E drops out.

zdudezdud
12-07-2013, 02:58 AM
New to this forum usually on another but was recommended to this one. Anyway I’ve been on TRT for a number of years played games with doctors not knowing shit. Read everything you can on TRT and I guarantee you that you will know more than the doctor does. Save yourself trouble and find a good TRT clinic. I can tell you which one I use but don’t know if that is allowed, I pay out of pocket and that cost me about 1600 per year for medications. Now my anti-estrogen I get from and overseas pharmacy which is much cheaper. Blood work I do at privatemdlabs about every 3 months, I do it that often because it’s cheap. So add all that together for a grand total of around let’s say 2500.
Your going to drive yourself crazy finding a doc that knows his shit, unless you get lucky which I hope you do.

zdudezdud
12-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Also, I do agree you need to get the E2 checked that can make you feel like shit high or low, go have it done on your own. Get a sensitive E2 test it's like 68 bucks.