PDA

View Full Version : Texans (2-11) fire Kubiak after 2nd loss to Jaguars

ironmako
12-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Thank God. Now Houston can start to right the ship. This season has been ridiculous.

bigsam
12-06-2013, 07:26 PM
They fired him?

It has been a nightmare for the Texans. A complete 180 from last season. I actually feel sorry for them watching the games lol.

PAiN
12-07-2013, 12:09 AM
What happened to them this year? They were doing great last year and it was fun to watch them and now it's just getting embarrassing.

ironmako
12-07-2013, 01:13 AM
I think the leadership was too lax, and too loyal. Kubes stuck with Schaub way too long, and special teams and specials teams coaching have been a joke for years. Kubes just would always stick by his guys which was good but to a fault. He never enforced any accountability. Keemun was a great pick up but Yates wasn't that good at backup QB. Keenum obviously is very undeveloped but has potential. Instead of shopping for stronger prospects at QB we stuck with Schaub paid he stupid money and fucked our salary cap. I think Kubes is a nice guy who cares about people's families which is nice but he needs to care more about winning. I was yelling for his head years ago.

rmkicks
12-07-2013, 02:44 AM
They sure did go down hill quick. Kinda like my Falcons. LOL

Hondo_2
12-07-2013, 03:04 AM
It's a hail marry,insiders say they've
made this move to get a first round
draft pick for Johnny Football ,hints
why they made a offer to the head coach
of Texas A&M,to bad he signed for 6 more
years at A&M

ironmako
12-07-2013, 03:53 AM
It's a hail marry,insiders say they've
made this move to get a first round
draft pick for Johnny Football ,hints
why they made a offer to the head coach
of Texas A&M,to bad he signed for 6 more
years at A&M

I'm an Ag and am VERY glad that Sumlin took that 6 year extension. I was a HUGE Johnny Football fan all season, never paid any attention to the bullshit criticisms, but the way he seemed to mail it in after the Mississippi State game made me sick. Having JFF would have been a dream come true to me a couple months back, but I'm not so sure anymore.

315 BEAST
12-07-2013, 06:02 AM
foster being hurt was a huge blow, hes one of the best rb's in the nfl

Bendit
12-07-2013, 06:11 AM
You think manziel could hold up to nfl punishment out of the pocket

Bendit
12-07-2013, 06:12 AM
That explains the Thursday night pillow fight with jax

Hondo_2
12-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Troy Aikman says he g2g,guess will have to see, remember
unlike most quarterbacks ,he can play both side of the field

ironmako
12-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Texans owner seems to like Case Keenum in part because of home town hero status (U of H). Manziel would be even bigger draw, but I doubt he'd scramble as much out of the pocket in the NFL. He stayed in the pocket most of this season due to that criticism. I have no idea but I'm glad Kubiak won't be picking the draft this year.