PDA

View Full Version : Video Goes Viral After Cop Threatens To Ticket Man Washing Car In Own Driveway

PAiN
12-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Video Goes Viral After Garden City Cop Threatens To Ticket Man Washing Car In Own Driveway

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A video has gone viral after a Long Island man recorded a police officer who threatened to ticket him if he washed his car in the driveway.

As WCBS 880′s Sophia Hall reported Friday, the incident happened on Hawthorne Road in Garden City.

The 24-year-old said he was washing his 1997 Volkswagen in his driveway when a police officer told him he wasn’t allowed to do that.

“What is that? Doing any kind of work here or any kind of detailing, like washing the car — things like that you are not allowed to do,” the police officer said.

The officer said although the car wasn’t going to be washed in the street, which is illegal, washing it in the driveway would still be in the public’s view, Hall reported. No one received a ticket during the ordeal and The Garden City Police Department had no comment about the incident.

WATCH THE VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0MLZZc63c

bigsam
12-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Another episode of

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2683/4324092220_541b25337c.jpg

What a waste of time.

rmkicks
12-22-2013, 01:29 AM
WOW. That cop was a major DICK!! I don't think I would have handled that too well. Prolly would've been locked up, especially if I was on cycle. LOL

PAiN
12-22-2013, 01:54 AM
WOW. That cop was a major DICK!! I don't think I would have handled that too well. Prolly would've been locked up, especially if I was on cycle. LOL

HAHA Same here bro.

bigsam
12-22-2013, 02:01 AM

People need to know their laws as a citizen of the USA.

BigPapa
12-22-2013, 03:42 AM
Totally insane that there is a law you can not wash a car in your own driveway.

VIOLATER
12-23-2013, 12:32 PM
He clearly said public... How is that not private property? Glad to know we our taxes are going to harassing suburb kids washing cars instead of getting rapist, murders, pedophiles, ect.