PDA

View Full Version : Holy shit - Silva leg break

ironmako
12-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Omfg ouch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K5o706yMfQ

kubes
12-29-2013, 07:15 PM
I watched the fights last night. It was a great card but ouch! I would find it hard to believe at Silva's age that he comes back from an injury like this!

Dont wanna be old
12-29-2013, 07:32 PM
It was a good check , caught spider at exact weak spot on shin and snapped the bone .
The only other bad injury was John Jones when his toe was twisted up .
Now you know what happens when a tornado meets a volcano .
Hope everyone heals and recovers .
A violent sport of gladiators is gonna have some bad collisions .

PAiN
12-29-2013, 10:57 PM
I can't look lol Shit makes me cringe every time.

monkey
12-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Shocking break, UFC,s surgeon put a rod in his leg yesterday and said he will take around 6 months to recover. Though his kicking days are most likely over.
Shit of a way to go out.

superman4hire
12-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Those must be some brutal leg kicks he's dishing out. That was a clean break so unless there was an existing fracture, then he has some powerful leg kicks. Anyways, I'm always a little surprised to see veteran fighters with these type of injuries.

hunkstrum
12-30-2013, 02:14 AM
yeah, that was gruesome. Funny as hell that Weidman won by kick-check, though :-) That should be it for his career, but you never know. Its a break, not an amputation. So long as there isn't any significant nerve/muscle damage, there's a chance we could see him again.

kubes
12-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Shocking break, UFC,s surgeon put a rod in his leg yesterday and said he will take around 6 months to recover. Though his kicking days are most likely over.
Shit of a way to go out.

6 Months is much sooner than i would have thought but then again it would probably take him another 6 months to get back in to fighting shape again after the leg heals

Khem
12-30-2013, 05:08 AM
A man who trains hard should have such thick calcified bones, that there should be no way he can break.

Maybe in training he holds back and kicks like a bitch.. If fighting was my life I would hard body train. I don't understand..

I didn't like Silva anyway lol

hunkstrum
12-30-2013, 05:21 AM
I don't know that anyone would question silva's training. Bones break, ligaments tear, and the body becomes less buoyant as we age. he may have had a hairline fracture before the fight. Sometimes we hurt ourselves and don't even know we're hurt or to what extent we are hurt.

monkey
12-30-2013, 07:45 AM
There was a similar break to Dennis Alexio's leg in his bout with Stan Longindis in 1992 if anyone is old enough to remember that.
That was nasty as well, but I do not recall if he fought again with any success after that.

ironmako
12-30-2013, 05:41 PM
I think the physics of the impact are just insane b/c like khem alluded to, Silva's shins would have been conditioned to hell since he was known for leg kicks. Goes to show how much force and velocity he was able to generate with them. Its a bit of a lucky/unlucky shot the way the hit placement worked out. Not to take anything away from Weidman b/c he knew exactly what Silva was going to do and countered it perfectly. But DAMN. Muy Thai fighters condition their shins by kicking heavy bags moving on up to bags filled with sand and rocks, but this hit was like Silva kicking a pole pretty much as hard as could. Fuck me that had to feel excruciating.

I read he was screaming at the top of his lungs after they had carted him off backstage on the gurney. Chilling...but its blood sport after all, that's why we like it :)