PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey won’t need bad blood to be ready for Sara McMann and UFC 170

PAiN
01-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Ronda Rousey won’t need bad blood to be ready for Sara McMann and UFC 170

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/05bfJmMsaEC6RXEz3uhC4w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmmaexperts/RouseyIntro.jpg

Ronda Rousey fights again Feb. 22 at UFC 170 (AP)

Fresh off her win over rival Miesha Tate last month at UFC 168, UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey met with her next opponent, fellow Olympian Sara McMann, and reporters recently. Rousey had neither harsh words nor glares for her opponent as they joked and prepared for photos to be taken.

Once it was time to square up opposite one another and pose for photographers, however, Rousey got her familiar game face on and up between her raised arms and fists as she looked directly at McMann. The message was clear - Rousey may not have a personal grudge against her next opponent as she did with Tate, but she understands that they will fight and fighting is a solemn thing.

Rousey told assembled media that she hopes that her career, and women's MMA on the whole, has moved past needing bad blood between two female opponents in order for fans to take an interest.

"Then, it was kind of like a necessary evil," Ronda explained.

"Now, I feel like women's MMA is at a point where it's not needed. So, I don't really have to partake anymore even if someone is, like, starting a fight with me. It's very lucrative for the other girls so even if they try to start with me now, I really don't have to oblige anymore. Yeah, so, Miesha's probably the last person I'll engage in that type of way."

When asked about how much difference there is between training for a fight against someone you dislike versus someone you respect, Ronda replied that there isn't much a difference, before going on to describe all the ways in which her last camp for Tate was, in fact, a bit different.
"I really don't think that there's much of a difference in how you train," Rousey said.

Then, the champion paused and smiled when describing "one difference," being how her trainer Edmond Tarverdyan thought to tape a photo of Tate on his body protector for Rousey to hit during training. Rousey also said that her coach admitted to her after the fight that he intentionally aggravated her before sparring sessions so that she could get used to fighting smart, despite being upset.
"It was very smart though," Rousey said with a laugh of her coach's methods.

"You do see someone's face who you distinctly don't like and it does bring certain emotions out of you. So, it did sort of re-create those emotions I had for her while I was doing mitt work. To re-create those emotions while you're training, I think, my mom always refers to Thorndike's law of transfer...the more similar your practice situation is, the more it will transfer over to what you're actually training for."

Though Rousey doesn't harbor any personal ill-will for her next opponent, McMann, the Judoka says she fully expects fans to continue to boo her as they began to at UFC 168 against Tate. She'll be perfectly happy if they do.

Rousey says that she never tried to put on the appearance of a "nice girl," and relishes being the villain to McMann's cheery hero.
"I've never acted like a nice, sweet, young, American girl!" Rousey exclaimed with a smile.

"My first walkout song was 'Sex and violence.'[laughs]...I always wanted to be the heel. I'm sure people are still going to boo me...that's fine. That's the way it is. It's like I said, 'Saint McMann.' They're gonna love her."

kubes
01-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I was pretty surprised to see this fight set up so fast after her recent title defense. Who do you like?

Dont wanna be old
01-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Waiting to see her fight Cris Cyborg .
That will be a real fight .

kubes
01-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Waiting to see her fight Cris Cyborg .
That will be a real fight .

They will be testing Cyborg heavy before she could ever fight in the ufc and honestly i dont think she could make the cut to 135. Cyborg has a hard time cutting to 145

hunkstrum
01-10-2014, 10:32 PM
The truth is that there isn't anyone for her to fight. Woman's division is real shallow. Rousey's a star, but she's gonna fade without competition. Plus, cyborg will never make 135.

kubes
01-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I agree the 135 division is week. Would be nice to see Gina make a come back but she wouldnt be able to make 135 either

hunkstrum
01-10-2014, 10:35 PM
You're right, she's a big girl.

kubes
01-10-2014, 10:37 PM
We need somebody to test Rousey though! I used to really like her till i watched her coach the Ultimate fighter. She has no class or professionalism

wombraider
01-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Big Fan of Ronda have been following her career for a little while now..there is no one in the division that can touch her. She took some blows in her last fight but handled them pretty well..can't wait to see her again. I wanna date this bitch.

kubes
01-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Big Fan of Ronda have been following her career for a little while now..there is no one in the division that can touch her. She took some blows in her last fight but handled them pretty well..can't wait to see her again. I wanna date this bitch.

Really have you listened to her talk? What a turn off! She is just like Nick and Nate Diaz and she runs around with those 2 guys

alphamale88
01-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Id fuck the lining out that bitch

kubes
01-10-2014, 11:52 PM
I guess as long as you do not have to talk to her

wombraider
01-11-2014, 12:02 AM
I actually like the Diaz brothers. I think they are bad ass. However you are right she is not a girl to bring home to Mom.

kubes
01-11-2014, 12:31 AM
The Diaz brothers are great fighters don't get me wrong but have you ever listened to them them talk. Maybe they have been hit to many times? They talk way to much trash and cry like baby's when they loose!

hunkstrum
01-11-2014, 01:09 AM
Yeah... great fighters, but theyre like little children the diaz brothers are. And rousey is only hot when she diets down for weigh-ins. Otherwise she's just cankled white trash.

kubes
01-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Yeah... great fighters, but theyre like little children the diaz brothers are. And rousey is only hot when she diets down for weigh-ins. Otherwise she's just cankled white trash.

I agree 100% I can't wait to see the person that can stuff her judo take down and knock her out!

wombraider
01-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Okay okay I agree with all that but I enjoy the show..however I do not think anyone can stuff those arm bars.

kubes
01-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Okay okay I agree with all that but I enjoy the show..however I do not think anyone can stuff those arm bars.

Not yet but if a bigger girl like gina gets in there and cuts weight or cyborg you may be surprised ;)

PAiN
01-12-2014, 05:11 AM
Not yet but if a bigger girl like gina gets in there and cuts weight or cyborg you may be surprised ;)

I would love to see that.