PDA

View Full Version : wrist pain help

darklord
01-18-2014, 08:53 PM
I did wrist curls two nights ago and I was fine then went to bed and woke up omg it hurt to bend has this happen to anyone before I just got a wrist brace what should I do

joebob
01-18-2014, 09:07 PM
I did wrist curls two nights ago and I was fine then went to bed and woke up omg it hurt to bend has this happen to anyone before I just got a wrist brace what should I do

Is it tendon pain or swollen and more like a sprained wrist?

darklord
01-18-2014, 09:15 PM
no its not swollen just more like stiff and hurtswhen I bend it back

08gsxr
01-18-2014, 09:23 PM
I've done it to mine doc said it's a slight case of hyper extension. Ibuprophen. I kept ice on mine.

darklord
01-18-2014, 09:30 PM
okay thanks brotha

gtodan01
01-28-2014, 05:12 PM
i like to work my forearms wrists and whatever to get that popeye look. when i curl heavy or even moderately my wrists hurt for the next few days , my pain comes around when i put my forearm on the bench , with my wrist hanging over the edge just enuff to make room for the dumbbell and palm up , right? (that's how i do them) .. but anyway that night at the first sign of pain ill take ibu tabs ice it down and before i goto sleep i put on my wrist braces left and right and sleep in them. not to tight but form fitting, they keep my wrists nice and straight the brace doesn't allow my wrist to go back words , forwards or bend all up in some dead drooling sleep position. If you like this idea don't buy the cheap wrist brace mostly made of velcro, get the GOOD one's with the laces there kinda like Chuck Taylors or Converse for you wrists, they sell left's and right's, They are really comfortable and allow your wrist to move a little so it doesn't goto sleep and are very breathable allowing some air to move around. don't buy the crappy one's. most of the time immobilizing my wrists for a nigh or two fixes me right up, good luck bro

Rooroo
01-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Great advice guys. DL u should also give it a little time to heal or at the very least go easy with any thing that puts a strain directly on the wrist .
Years ago heavy benching would aggravate whatever was wrong with my right wrist .
It's an annoying pain for sure and it's very easy to re-aggravate . It's one of those injuries that can hang around for a couple years if your not careful.

c_so19
01-28-2014, 07:59 PM
I suggest some physical therapy, just beat the meat a little more.

Herc
01-29-2014, 03:33 AM
I would stay away from wrist curls if this is how you react to them (you might have tendonitis and you are just causing more damage). Your forearms should grow without doing wrist curls. Just try to avoid using straps until shit gets too heavy to hold. I have heard that using "fat gripz" will build big forearms. I get a real good forearm workout by just holding the heavy dumbbells and barbells I use to train.