PDA

View Full Version : Beef and Black Bean Tacos

Rainpixie
01-22-2014, 11:04 PM
This is a favorite in our house; I usually get low sodium stuff simply because most canned foods are loaded with it and I try to minimize it as much as possible.

1 pound lean ground beef (96/4 when I can find it)
1 pack Uncle Bens Whole Grain Medley (Santa Fe flavor)
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
1 envelope low sodium taco seasoning
1 medium onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1-2 fistfuls of pickled jalapeños (optional)

Spray a little olive oil in your skillet and sauté peppers and onions till barely soft, add ground beef to pan. When beef is finished cooking, add beans, sweet corn and rice pack to skillet. Mix well and add taco seasoning, follow packet directions for any water needed. When everything is heated through, mix in a few fistfuls of jalapeños.

Serve up with your favorite taco fixins. This also makes a killer burrito filler. :)

rmkicks
01-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Damn bro, that sounds good. Gonna give it a try. Thanks!

PAiN
01-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Anything with the word taco in it I'm all in haha.

Sounds awesome! Thanks for this.

Keep'em coming.

VIOLATER
01-23-2014, 01:11 AM
Oh yea! Bring on the jalapeños baby

Rainpixie
01-24-2014, 02:38 AM
Glad you guys like the recipe, hubby and I love Mexican food so this is a really easy and fast way to take care of a taco craving without completely annihilating your diet. :) I'll make a pan of this and use wrap it in large tortillas, lay them in a pan, smother in green chilies, enchilada sauce and cheese and bake them. Definitely makes a happy belly! :)

gator-mclusky
01-24-2014, 07:11 AM
We have Taco night once a week and now Ill make em like this. I used to add refried beans to the Taco but this beats it hands down!

Thanks for posting!!!!