View Full Version : What I tell the skinney guys at the gym!!!!!!

gator-mclusky
01-24-2014, 07:33 AM
I let em do as they please. I notice who makes it a habit.

I call a couple of em "Mr Consistency" Ill tell them...."You my friend are going to reach your goals! I see you practicing the "secret" to getting big." And do you know what that secret is? and they look puzzled and say what is that????? And I say its "CONSISTENCY" That is the secret!!!!!!!!! You can do this routine, that routine or whatever but what matters more is if you are consistency!

Guy comes up to me askin how to build calves. I said work em 3-4 times a week at least and come to me in 6 months. He said well whats the best routines? I said pick anything you want but if you train em 3-4 times a week anyway you want....you will grow calves.

This was a guy I told over a yr ago. He said he failed at first missing here and there but when he stuck to it....he was 8 months straight and he had some to be proud off!!!!!

Consistency my friends will make anything grow!

rmkicks
01-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Words of wisdom Gator.

Dont wanna be old
01-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Your better than me .
I tell them it's genetics .
My forearms and calves are strong and hard but size has escaped them .
I have a brother-in-law with huge calves and forearms . Never worked out in his life .
I wished I had his genetics until we had kids .
My nieces are what you say as thick girls . Thick limbs aren't a gift to females . 3 of them to prove this .

:)

enrod
01-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Come on now bro, thick girls need loving too.

Just not from me. ;)

I put in my headphones and give head nods to the locals, always cordial, and laugh out of the side of my face when they are using all their muscles (including calves) to do curls. I guess that's their compound exercise day.

PAiN
01-24-2014, 04:13 PM
True dat gator!

bionic redneck
01-24-2014, 04:24 PM
gator is extremely knowledgeable ....i am proud to call him friend and have learned alot from him over the years

HARD AT IT
01-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Gator!!! Back inaction with the low down.... the down low..no doubt!!

beanlicker
01-24-2014, 08:13 PM
I like it gator! I've always said I eat tons of protein and take creatine. Now I will add consistency to the secret recipe when asked.

gator-mclusky
01-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Great stuff guys and thank you Bionic for the compliment sir.

"Dont Wanna Be Old" I see your point and we dont have the calf genetics either so if there is a workout to miss...I try my damndnest not to miss it.

Bobby Hebert ex-Saits QB worked ut at a local club and had some kick ass calves!!!!!!! I walked up to him and Isaid "excuse me Mr. Hebert but how did you get calves like those? He smiled and said "My momma gave em to me!" LOL. So true though, the genetics from his mom gave him some hellacioaus calves. Im sure u can imagine being a Pro QB.

So DWBO some hardly have to work em at all. Noty me. lol. I have to pound em! Mom and dad gave me shoulders and Traps. Peeps ask me about about my Traps all the time but never on the calves. lol

One time I used what Arnold did in the gym and wore my sweat pants pulled up above my calves. That way I knew I was gonna work em or be embarrassed by em. I did this a good 6 months and I really dont think I missed a calf work out.

bdad
01-29-2014, 09:20 PM
What I tell skinney guys who insist on talking about juice is its a genetic things, and its not heir fault that the best part of them ran down the crack of their mama's ass!! Usually that ends the conversation.

bigpimpdaddy
01-30-2014, 04:14 AM
Well said Gator.....

Khem
01-30-2014, 04:46 AM
lol how did I miss this

Rooroo
01-30-2014, 05:46 AM
lol how did I miss this

U and me both !
If I had a dollar for every teenage boy I have seen that declares themselves "hardcore" and then turns around and doesn't show up at the gym for weeks then returns I would have more then $50 ! Lol!!
I always ask them where have U been ? Their answer always sucks !!
I was told that it's cool and beneficial to take a break from the gym every couple months . I say " you are not at the point where taking time off will benefit u at all and u should strive to not miss a workout" .
Consistency is very important .

toppjimie
02-05-2014, 07:32 PM
What do i tell the skinny guy in the gym whos sitting on the Hammer Strength Machine Talking on his iphone? "Get the Hell off the Machine if your NOT Using it".,and that usally works.