PDA

View Full Version : Pec Tear or other muscle strain

d3c0n
01-30-2014, 11:33 PM
So 3 weeks into a Test/Deca cycle I feel the strength or placebo effect really coming on. Doing Bent Arm Dumbell pull over I feel a pop behind my right pec during negative. Weight wasn't very heavy and was actually doing a warm up set trying to stretch out everything. Nothing extremely sore or weight dropping and in fact was able to continue doing the rest of my back and shoulder work out without much pain at all. If I press on it is on the interior side of my right pec about half way up. Outward pressure on my chest doesn't not make it hurt, just pulling from low or high seems to agitate it. I've never experienced a major tear a few sprains here and there. It felt like a sprain or maybe just a pulled muscle. No bruising or discoloration. Haven't been using an ibu or naproxen as I've heard that combats hypertrophy(could be broscience). Having a 2 year old who always wants to be carried its been getting a little more sore and so I have opted to take a few days off from the gym and might go back next week and just do exercises that don't aggravate it. So first off has anyone experienced anything like this, and what is your opinion on what it is. And lastly is this something that I should stop my cycle over, I have a feeling only time will tell wether its worth it to stay on cycle or not.

bigpimpdaddy
01-31-2014, 12:10 AM
Been there bro did that.. Mine was on a left bicept. I would not listen to my body and kept on training hard.. Little did I know that would be a mistake that would be with me the rest of my life.
A few weeks later BAM.. tore the bicept off the bone at the elbow!! Sounded like a limb or a tree falling to the ground with a sharp snap..
So listen to your body and take it easy. And if this soreness keeps up go to the doctors office and seek medical advice.. (wished I had)
My guess you have torn some muscle fibers and they are telling you to stop or slow down.. Give it a couple of weeks and go hit the gym real easy for a couple of days. If the soreness is still there and getting worse, seek help.
I hope this has helped you make a good decision as to what you need to do..
Good luck brother..

d3c0n
01-31-2014, 12:38 AM
Been there bro did that.. Mine was on a left bicept. I would not listen to my body and kept on training hard.. Little did I know that would be a mistake that would be with me the rest of my life.
A few weeks later BAM.. tore the bicept off the bone at the elbow!! Sounded like a limb or a tree falling to the ground with a sharp snap..
So listen to your body and take it easy. And if this soreness keeps up go to the doctors office and seek medical advice.. (wished I had)
My guess you have torn some muscle fibers and they are telling you to stop or slow down.. Give it a couple of weeks and go hit the gym real easy for a couple of days. If the soreness is still there and getting worse, seek help.
I hope this has helped you make a good decision as to what you need to do..
Good luck brother..

Thanks brother will have to take it easy and just take it day by day. Hate to waste a cycle recovering, and I guess if it looks like its not gonna heal by next week ill just cut my cycle and wait and pct after 2 weeks or so. Hopefully it not being so serious it will recover. Part of the reason I haven't taken any pain meds is so I can fully gauge how its feeling or responding to rest and ice. Not bruising or swelling to me seems like a good sign but who knows.