PDA

View Full Version : Switching email

bigbody
03-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Hello, just curious on best advice when getting a new email account what to do with the old one? Just leave it alone and never use it again or delete everything off of it and then delete account?

PAiN
03-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I would delete all the mails and then delete the account and never try and touch it again.

bdad
03-03-2014, 03:46 PM
^^^This

bdad
03-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Hello, just curious on best advice when getting a new email account what to do with the old one? Just leave it alone and never use it again or delete everything off of it and then delete account?

Just out of curiosity why are you changing email accounts, upgrading or did something give you a scare? Thanks

kubes
03-03-2014, 10:32 PM

I would delete everything including the account

bigbody
03-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Ok thanks guys for input….. bdad just reading about safe-mail on some of the other threads in here and some friends have heard some bad things too no scares yet just trying to avoid any bad situations from the get go… thanks again guys

Runfromsafety
04-01-2016, 10:00 AM
I always appreciate these questions and everyone who takes the time to answer. Before joining BOP my eyes were shut as far as security but I keep up on all the threads and ask questions when I have one! Most of the time, my question has already been answered so I'm careful not to ask the same one again. Thank you bigbody, June's, pain and dad for taking the time to post so the rest of us can learn and hopefully avoid headaches down the road.
I talk with guys at the gym who are on other forums and I hear about the crap some members do to each other and it makes me that much more thankful I am on here!

ashton77
04-04-2016, 09:50 PM
you know that just deleting your emails off your computer is probably still recoverable by LE. use a hard drive scrubber or encrypt it with a random public key and then delete it. (if you know how)

bigbody
04-13-2016, 04:06 AM
Not that savvy lol… Thanks though I will look into it.

bigbody
04-13-2016, 04:07 AM
Hey thanks for the info I usually lurk around for awhile as well to find an answer. I agree that this is by far the best board i have been on.

quadfather1212
06-25-2016, 03:38 PM
bigbody which email did you end up switching to? I have safe-mail now, but from what I have heard I should probably look in to switching, but I don't know which one to switch to