PDA

View Full Version : knee wraps for sqauts

rusty
03-12-2014, 09:44 AM
hi brothers i just started using knee wraps for the first time mange to smash out 5 reps 180kg on sqaut not sure if i wrap them wright but the back of.my leg are so sore is this normal or did i wrap them to tight been told they need.to be tight

hunkstrum
03-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Is it the crook of your knees that's sore? Or is it your hamstrings? Sore hamstrings aren't unusual, Especially is 180kilos is a significant increase from what you normally lift. If you're feeling pain, that's another thing entirely. I get some pain behind my knees when I squat with sleeves. I don't use them anymore.

rusty
03-12-2014, 10:36 PM
pain is at back of the knees feel like it just brusieing from the wraps apart from that all good some.one told me it stops being sore after few session with wraps almost put me of them after first session see how i go dont plan on using them all timejust want to try them out

hunkstrum
03-13-2014, 05:27 AM
That's what I figured. I get the same thing. That pain is probably gonna keep recurring, though. If you start feeling pressure in your knees while using them, stop. Otherwise, if you can handle the discomfort, use em. I actually have a similar problem with my belt. But I'm not gonna stop using it.

SquatsandOats
03-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Friend wrapped his too tight and caused capillaries to burst Behind his knees and he said they hurt pretty bad too

MaxSeg
03-24-2014, 12:11 AM
I wrap after @ 405 and up. Never experienced this pain.

CTFaygo
03-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Pain from wraps is normal. When I wrap myself for medium sets it's not an issue, but I have a few guys on the team that will wrap you so tight feeling in your feet is gone after a couple minutes. I lift in gear so the wraps are the least of my worries when I squat. After a max effort day the hip bruises are pretty awesome from the brief/suit. Pain and bruising is just a part of geared lifting and you get used to it.

What type of wraps were they? Were the wraps brand new?

HARD AT IT
03-25-2014, 04:33 PM
^^^^ This!!!!

Just the way it is bro... Wraps will give ya some more weight and reps but there gonna let you know they were there... Really no big deal... Just get in there and SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!

hunkstrum
03-26-2014, 03:52 AM
Pain from wraps is normal. When I wrap myself for medium sets it's not an issue, but I have a few guys on the team that will wrap you so tight feeling in your feet is gone after a couple minutes. I lift in gear so the wraps are the least of my worries when I squat. After a max effort day the hip bruises are pretty awesome from the brief/suit. Pain and bruising is just a part of geared lifting and you get used to it.

What type of wraps were they? Were the wraps brand new?

Yeah. My hips and intercostals are chronically fucked. But I can't do without the belt.

rusty
03-26-2014, 06:05 AM
after playing with how tight i wrap my knees found right amount that give me full support with out any discomort i wrap them tigher then i needed it love using them on heavy sets make heavy weight feel light

CTFaygo
03-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Powerlifting is discomfort. If it wasn't it would be called cross fit. :muscu0:

metromuscle
03-28-2014, 11:41 PM
I know it can easier be said than done, but getting a regular, or the same person to wrap your knees all the time is a major element, especially if you have an important meet coming up. I know people that insist on wrapping their own knees and they do well like that, but nothing's worse than having a total stranger wrap you before your opener for example. You'll limp up to the platform not knowing what to expect. I've been there and it wasn't fun!

bdad
04-21-2014, 03:30 PM
I ordered some to try, 3 inch wide by 70 something long.

rusty
08-01-2014, 06:54 AM
i got the wraps down pat now i mange to hit 200kg sqaut which is 240 pounds it was strong lift i tnought 220kg was in the bag. was wrong failed but will get it soon as iv been doing bodybuilding style training switching back to powerlifting so should get 220 soon

maul
08-24-2014, 08:16 AM
You don't know pain until you crank down on a pair of Mark Bell's record breaker wraps! Those things are fuckin brutal, but the 80 lbs on my squat is definitely worth the discomfort lol

CTFaygo
08-29-2014, 01:25 PM
I prefer Overkill Strength Equipment knee wraps. Those are the tightest knee wraps I have ever used and they take a bit getting use to, but worth it when you start knocking out PRs all day.