PDA

View Full Version : When to do cardio

Tanker
03-14-2014, 12:27 AM
ok during a bulking cycle, i kno it is good to do cardio. but when should you do it? right before a workout? right after a workout? or later in the day (i work out in the mornings). I know that if you do it later in the day that spikes your metabolism thus burning more calories. But right after a workout the body needs nutrients. so should i take a protein shake to the gym, drink it, then do cardio or should i do it before or wat? wat are you guys thoughts on this?

rmkicks
03-14-2014, 12:47 AM
I do cardio right after my workouts, regardless if I workout in the morning or evening. Minimum of 20 minutes keeping heart rate around 135 beats per minute

rmkicks
03-14-2014, 12:49 AM
I make sure to drink a protein drink within 30 minutes after workout.

beanlicker
03-14-2014, 01:27 AM
I do my cardio after as well.

lucabratzi
03-14-2014, 03:11 AM
If I were you and worked out in the am I would do cardio in afternoon. I personally do cardio in the am and lift weights in pm.

Either way I Definetly wouldn't do cardio before your workout. You'll sacrifice your energy with lifts and this gains

Agony
03-14-2014, 04:50 AM
i typically run a mile to 2 miles before my work out can't help it just clears my head but quickly turned a bulk cylce into a cut the fuck up lean cycle lol. but its all about personal health for me so i guess come summer ill just be skinny all cock and muscle hah

Agony
03-14-2014, 04:52 AM
how do you guys warm up before a lift? i have shitty joints and tendons.. failure to warmup and im gonna injur somethig for sure

Rooroo
03-14-2014, 03:05 PM
how do you guys warm up before a lift? i have shitty joints and tendons.. failure to warmup and im gonna injur somethig for sure

I need to start warming up and stretching a lot more before my workouts . As this long winter has progressed so have the nagging injuries I deal with ! I'm sure I'm not alone here.
Squatted yesterday and my lower back is on fire and I can't stand straight . Ten / twelve years ago I could ignore the pain but a decade later not so much.

toppjimie
03-14-2014, 05:23 PM
I need to start warming up and stretching a lot more before my workouts . As this long winter has progressed so have the nagging injuries I deal with ! I'm sure I'm not alone here.
Squatted yesterday and my lower back is on fire and I can't stand straight . Ten / twelve years ago I could ignore the pain but a decade later not so much.

RooRoo.,are you telling us your turning into an old fuck,lol. Does your Gym have a Cane Hanger like Mine? hahaha....Yeah buddy,back in the day we could give that back pain the finger,fast forward to today and we're eatting a hand full of Advil after we Squat!

Rooroo
03-14-2014, 05:27 PM
RooRoo.,are you telling us your turning into old fuck,lol. Does your Gym have a Cane Hanger like Mine too? hahaha....

Lmao!! I'm feeling like an old fuck for sure !!! I will strongly suggest a cane hanger for sure and they can install it right near the wheelchair parking area ;)

bigtuna
03-14-2014, 06:32 PM
i do cardio every day regardless. few miles run each morning always gets me goin

kubes
03-14-2014, 06:51 PM
I train on the weights first and then do my cardio after keeping it in the fat burning zone :)

ODB
03-14-2014, 10:18 PM
ok during a bulking cycle, i kno it is good to do cardio. but when should you do it?

when Bulking I do cardio in my dreams.... :mendw34:

I kid, If time where not an issue I would do it 1st thing am but it is so I do it after workout, 15min Hiit style.