PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong

swift1
03-17-2014, 02:53 AM
I switched to injecting twice a week. So I injected in my left thy and it hurt the next day not at the inj site but at my knee it swelled up. Day three it hurt , stiff and swelled up. The fourth day the swelling went down and still a little sore. Day five little swelled and no pain. I injected other thy and have had no pain or swelling.

So was looking for some thoughts of what I did wrong. So I don't do it again

bigtuna
03-17-2014, 03:06 AM
alcohol swabs? are you sure you injected into the proper muscle?

swift1
03-17-2014, 03:17 AM
Ya I used alcohol swab. I am pretty sure I hit muscle. I felt for it just like I did the other leg. The swabbed it and injected

Khem
03-17-2014, 03:35 AM
IF your other leg is fine you either missed or didn't go deep enough. Then again, some bad shots are bound to happen no matter what.

Herc
03-17-2014, 03:37 AM
Happens to me sometimes. Seems like there is no reason for it. I think it happens when some of the fluid leaks out of the muscle and gets between the muscle and sub q tissue. Or maybe we are nicking a nerve and it's getting pissed off. Make sure you keep the pin as steady as possible because moving it around too much has caused me this same problem in the past as well. I think we all deal with a bad injection from time to time.

swift1
03-17-2014, 03:46 AM
I used a 1 in and went all the way in.

swift1
03-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Maybe it was leakage. Or the nerve thing. It jus wasn't a very pleasant feeling
thanks

mauz
03-17-2014, 06:38 AM
what are you using . I don't inj deca into my quads because it makes my knees hurt for days but test I have no problems with don't know why . thought id throw that out there .

swift1
03-17-2014, 07:03 AM
It is test cyp

TheTrain
03-17-2014, 09:26 AM
IF your other leg is fine you either missed or didn't go deep enough. Then again, some bad shots are bound to happen no matter what.

Said perfectly, you are always going to get a shot every now and again that hurts. Id say you injected in fat or not deep enough... .5 or 5/8 are plenty long for my thighs. About a hand length up from knee into thickest part of your leg. Hope this helps bro

FrankTheTank
03-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Man, i did a shot in the quads yesterday,when i pulled the needle out blood seriously shot across the room. Didnt hurt or anything just surprised me.

Dont wanna be old
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Man, i did a shot in the quads yesterday,when i pulled the needle out blood seriously shot across the room. Didnt hurt or anything just surprised me.
It's the cannon you use Frank !

Mfire
03-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Anytime I do glutes I bleed and swell up, doesn't matter where, my last quad went bad, everything felt right for the pin, but it swelled up and I got a golfball and bruise from hell

TheTrain
03-17-2014, 03:30 PM

I've had this happen before out my butt cheek..I was in shock. Blood and 3ccs of juice all over the wall and floor lol

animal87
03-17-2014, 03:36 PM
I switched to injecting twice a week. So I injected in my left thy and it hurt the next day not at the inj site but at my knee it swelled up. Day three it hurt , stiff and swelled up. The fourth day the swelling went down and still a little sore. Day five little swelled and no pain. I injected other thy and have had no pain or swelling.

So was looking for some thoughts of what I did wrong. So I don't do it again

It just happens sometimes. Seems like it happens to me more often if I been injecting in the same spot for a while.

titanman03
03-17-2014, 03:54 PM
wow i thought i was the only one lol im glad i read this thread , i pinned in my glutes one time a while back and when i pulled that pin out blood was literally squirting outta the inj site i was so freaked out , i thought it was bc i was using a 22g at the time and must of hit someting going in , but man was i freaked out , i remember my boy running n getting paper towels bc it was everywhere lol

FrankTheTank
03-18-2014, 02:05 PM
It's the cannon you use Frank !

Yeah i think im gonna switch to a smaller one.

Rooroo
03-18-2014, 03:15 PM
wow i thought i was the only one lol im glad i read this thread , i pinned in my glutes one time a while back and when i pulled that pin out blood was literally squirting outta the inj site i was so freaked out , i thought it was bc i was using a 22g at the time and must of hit someting going in , but man was i freaked out , i remember my boy running n getting paper towels bc it was everywhere lol

Lmao!! Even if your ready for seeing blood squirt from your body can rattle anyone! This has happened to me a few times. Don't mind so much if it's a hard surface the blood is landing on but when it's your bed room and the carpet has a three ft stain where it looks like someone was pissing blood on it , that's not good!

Khem
03-18-2014, 05:53 PM
I clipped a nerve injecting my bicep last night, it flexed so hard the needle bent. My arm hurts like a mother fucker.

Rooroo
03-18-2014, 07:00 PM
I clipped a nerve injecting my bicep last night, it flexed so hard the needle bent. My arm hurts like a mother fucker.

Just yesterday I was telling a friend about a bicep injection gone bad when I hit a nerve. Yes it hurts pretty bad ! The needle shot out of my arm like a bullet out of a gun! Ouch!!

enrod
03-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Found a patch of nerves in my quad on my last shot. Never fun bros. The thought of pinning my bicep makes me picture sticking a clothes pin into a balloon, I think i'll stick with the 'fleshier' sites haha

Khem
03-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Found a patch of nerves in my quad on my last shot. Never fun bros. The thought of pinning my bicep makes me picture sticking a clothes pin into a balloon, I think i'll stick with the 'fleshier' sites haha

If you go slow, stay away from the center split, you're fine. I bury a one inch needle straight down on the outer head. The only problem was, I was in a hurry last night and didn't stick it slow. I regret it. I don't think it has more nerves than my outer quad sweep if I'm honest. Miss the surface veins and you won't bleed. You need high quality gear though, normal BA content makes my arm swell when in a small muscle group.. HRT's is good as gold for me. STart with maybe .5mL so you know how you react. I comfortably take 2.5mL in my bi's and I am not a big guy right now.

enrod
03-18-2014, 10:46 PM
If you go slow, stay away from the center split, you're fine. I bury a one inch needle straight down on the outer head. The only problem was, I was in a hurry last night and didn't stick it slow. I regret it. I don't think it has more nerves than my outer quad sweep if I'm honest. Miss the surface veins and you won't bleed. You need high quality gear though, normal BA content makes my arm swell when in a small muscle group.. HRT's is good as gold for me. STart with maybe .5mL so you know how you react. I comfortably take 2.5mL in my bi's and I am not a big guy right now.

I've never reacted real well with shots, I have a real knack for finding nerves. I hit that center split on the quad, hence the nerve patch. I don't usually go for the center split, but it looked appealing at the time.

A shoulder shot usually cripples my whole arm for about a day or two, so the thought of a bi shot sounds horrific. The glutes and a nice nerveless quad shot, I can deal with.

ironmako
03-24-2014, 12:23 PM
I've been pinning glutes like a mofo. Over pinning really. Quad shots hurt like hell and can barely walk. Delts, bi's also hurt pretty bad, so I just stick to ass. EOD's suck when you already have two knots per cheek lol

swift1
03-24-2014, 12:59 PM
I did second shot same leg went higher up and injected slower and was fine. Think you guy were right got in to big of a hurry and it leaked down my leg.