PDA

View Full Version : FDA Approves New Testosterone Drug

rmkicks
03-25-2014, 09:21 AM
If you suffer from low testosterone levels, the FDA may have some good news for you. The governmental arm has approved a new low-T drug called Aveed that is administered only every 10 weeks – far less frequent than most testosterone replacement therapies (TRTs) that much be taken weekly or biweekly.

The drug’s release has not been without controversy, though, with some doctors pointing to recent studies showing TRTs may raise the risk of heart attack in men over age 65. But Dr. David Kaufman, a urologist at NYU Langone Medical Center in Manhattan, says recent research connecting TRT to heart risks was "observational" and "not well done."
"There is an enormous body of medical literature encompassing hundreds of studies over more than 20 years that supports the health and cardiac benefits of replacing testosterone to achieve normal levels in the right patients," he adds. So who’s right for Aveed? According to Kaufman, if you have clinically low levels of testosterone with "significant life-changing symptoms" like loss of muscle mass or libido, you should talk to your doctor about whether a TRT like Aveed could help. The drug is due to hit pharmacy shelves some time this March.
– Sarah Toland (http://www.mensjournal.com/contributor/sarah-toland)

toppjimie
03-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Any presciption drug has its side effects.I keep seeing commercals from lawyers advertising, "if you have had a Heart Attack from TRT Treatment,call them". Sounds like the Doctors & lawyers are sleeping in the same bed.Doctors say "trt treatment can cause a heart attack to a male over 65" but knowingly still Prescribe it.I would really like to know from these "studies" How many HAVE had a heart attack from Testostrone injections? Wheres the Numbers?Those Gel's that are use have less than 20mg's of testostrone per dose.I cant see that little of a dose giving anyone a heart attack personnally,but im no doctor.