PDA

View Full Version : Juice (vegetable) Diet

ironmako
04-02-2014, 10:23 PM
So I am not a diet guy at all. Mine sucks, but I watched this documentary "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead". In it the guy went on a hard core juice diet and stopped eating solid food and just drank vegetable juice he'd juice himself. Dude lost weight hella fast but it looked tough.

Thought about doing this on short bursts, like over the weekends, maybe build up to a week or two (couldn't go as hardcore as this guy and wouldn't want to).

From a protein perspective it seems like it's lacking but wondered if any of you had any thoughts on it.

With gear supplementation sparing muscle I'm thinking this might not be too catabolic from a muscle perspective if the duration doesn't get too long.

TheTrain
04-02-2014, 10:34 PM
It still seems you need protein supplementation on top of that. You actually get quality carbs from the veggies but still...idk seems pretty miserable bro..lol Just being honest...

ironmako
04-03-2014, 12:49 AM
Definitely looks miserable, but short term I don't think it would be too bad.

Cummins
04-07-2014, 09:00 PM
In about two months, I want to do a serious cutting cycle. I've got that Nutri-Bullet sitting there on the counter. Had a friend do the juicing thing for several weeks and lost a lot of body fat. I'd want to add in several pieces of chicken breast throughout the day to get a balance of protein. Maybe Kubes will come along and give his thoughts on juicing for dropping body fat.

kubes
04-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Honestly brother I think it's a bad idea. Body builders just do not live on liquid diets. Your body will process liquid in 30 minutes and then you are out of fuel. You wouldn't be burning any calories after you digest the juice either. Food is a much better option as it takes 3 hrs to digest food from your stomach into your intestines. That means you are spending 3 hrs burning calories to digest the food. In my opinion it would be better to put you on a meal plan weighing out your portions. Once you get your body running right your metabolism will speed up and you will be one a food burning machine.

Cummins
04-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Honestly brother I think it's a bad idea. Body builders just do not live on liquid diets. Your body will process liquid in 30 minutes and then you are out of fuel. You wouldn't be burning any calories after you digest the juice either. Food is a much better option as it takes 3 hrs to digest food from your stomach into your intestines. That means you are spending 3 hrs burning calories to digest the food. In my opinion it would be better to put you on a meal plan weighing out your portions. Once you get your body running right your metabolism will speed up and you will be one a food burning machine.
How can we argue with common sense. This is the answer for body builders.
Thanks Kubes.

Arkhampatient
05-05-2014, 04:06 AM
I have a Nutri-bullet. Here are a few things I picked up about veggie shakes. 1) add water, it makes it easier to drink and 2) a dash of habenero sauce will make a veggie shake a billion x tastier.