PDA

View Full Version : David Carter of Oakland Raiders Goes Plant-Strong

PAiN
04-08-2014, 11:59 PM
http://www.ecorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DavidCarter-592x401.jpg

David Carter of Oakland Raiders Goes Plant-Strong

David Carter, defensive lineman for the Oakland Raiders and a powerlifter, is a perfect example of the term “plant-strong.” This fierce athlete recently went vegan.

Carter was familiar with the benefits of a plant-based diet, mostly learning from his vegetarian wife, but he assumed he couldn’t be vegan and keep his weight for football. An eye-opening documentary changed that assumption, though.

“One night my wife and I were watching Forks Over Knives and I realized that all the effort I was putting in to get big and strong for football was actually killing me,” Carter said. “After being vegan for only two months I can honestly say that being vegan is not the only most efficient way to be full body strong, it’s also the most humane; everyone wins.” In just two months, Carter has seen some small, lingering injuries heal after many years, including tendinitis, arthritis, nerve damage, and muscle fatigue.

When asked by PlantBuilt.com what drives him to compete, Carter answered, “At first it was just my love for football, but now that I have made the lifestyle change of becoming vegan I feel like I am fighting for a better world. I play the biggest baddest positions in one of the biggest baddest sports in the country. I feel that a successful vegan 300 pound defensive lineman will make people think twice, and begin to create some important discussions.”

Going vegan has clearly changed Carter from the inside out. Injuries have healed, his recovery time has improved, and his endurance has gone up. He has a new website coming soon, called The300PoundVegan.com. Making all these changes for the benefit of his health, the environment, and for animals has Carter also feeling gratified. When asked what he’s most proud of today, he replied, “Having the balls to be completely vegan.”

Rooroo
04-09-2014, 02:09 AM
Good for him I guess . Let's see how he does in the middle of the NFL season .
Maybe this speaks to my ignorance but the word vegan screams way far left progressive liberal in my head. lol!
Do we even have any active vegetarians @ tbh ? I would be very curious of what your diet consists of and how u get the calories necessary to grow or get stronger.
I'm pretty sure I've heard of some bodybuilders out there but do u guys know of any big time names that don't eat meat ? Or in the case of a vegan dairy and much more ? That would be amazing!

2nd2no1
04-09-2014, 02:43 AM
First good hit he'll snap like a chip

Bendit
04-09-2014, 02:57 AM
Looks like maybe he's a paid promoter of plant built. One of the quotes was even from them

TheTrain
04-09-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm with Roo. He won't make it or is drinking 10 protein shakes a day trying to keep meat on his body lol

toppjimie
04-09-2014, 05:59 PM
It doesnt say how old he is but he said "he's only been a vegan for 2 month's"., if the dude's already 300lb's he sure was eatting something else to get that big,you dont get that big eatting celary sticks & carrots.

bigsam
04-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Goodbye NFL career.