PDA

View Full Version : Steroids, narcotics seized at airport

PAiN
04-10-2014, 02:36 AM
Steroids, narcotics seized at airport

http://www.delcotimes.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/storyimage/DC/20140409/NEWS/140409630/AR/0/AR-140409630.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Posted: 04/09/14, 11:29 AM EDT | Updated: 1 hr ago

PHILADELPHIA – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers continue to strike khat gold arriving in international parcels at the international express courier facility near Philadelphia International Airport.

The latest haul totaled 100 pounds and was destined to an address in Chicago. The khat has an approximate street value of about $30,000.

CBP officers selected two parcels, manifested as “topographical drawings,” for an x-ray examination and discovered four smaller boxes inside that contained the bundled green, leafy khat.

CBP officers also seized 200 tablets of Methyl-1-Testosterone and 200 tablets of Oxymetholone, classified as schedule III anabolic steroids. The parcels, manifested as “cosmetics,” arrived April 1 and were destined to an address in Illinois.

“Customs and Border Protection recognizes the tremendous access the internet provides U.S. consumers to the global marketplace, however; consumers should understand that certain products imported from this global marketplace remain regulated by U.S. laws,” said Susan Stranieri, CBP Port Director for the Area Port of Philadelphia. “CBP is charged with enforcing these import restrictions, including laws governing illicit narcotics and pharmaceutical products.”

Inspecting international parcels for dangerous and illicit products remains a CBP enforcement priority.

Khat is a green, leafy plant typically grown in the Arabian Peninsula and chewed for its stimulant effect.

The Drug Enforcement Administration classifies khat as a schedule 1 narcotic – the most restrictive category used by the DEA – when the leaves are freshly picked. Its principal components, cathine and cathinone, are considered controlled substances in the United States.

The World Health Organization classified khat as a drug of abuse in 1980. It is chewed for its stimulant effect and retains its potency for up to 48 hours after being harvested.

TheTrain
04-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Ive never heard of khat...holy shit 400 pills. Wow that only cost the tax payers what 10000-20000? to find those 200 pills???

rmkicks
04-10-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm with Train on this one. Don't know anything about Khat and 400 steroid pills isn't much of a catch.
I bet the pills disappear from evidence though. LOL

PAiN
04-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Ive never heard of khat...holy shit 400 pills. Wow that only cost the tax payers what 10000-20000? to find those 200 pills???

Never heard of it either. There are way to many new drugs out these days.

100 pounds for a street value of 30k doesn't seem like it's worth the risk of importing.

bigbreads80
04-11-2014, 05:17 PM
What the hell isn't a controlled substance besides all the bullshit pharmacies peddle to us? Ya I'm glad I live in America and all that but sometimes these stories just remind me of the fact that we waste more time doing dumb shit than another county ever. Gotta love the police states of America. I don't even know what any of that crap they got is and it still pisses me off. Fuck it- I'm going to do shoulders!:boxi48995:

bigbreads80
04-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Sorry for the language and angry outburst . What can I say - I'm juiced up big time! Those weights better hide today!