PDA

View Full Version : Former WPB cop sold drugs to other officers, feds say

PAiN
04-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Former WPB cop sold drugs to other officers, feds say

April 17, 2014|By Paula McMahon, Sun Sentinel

A former West Palm Beach police officer surrendered in federal court Thursday to face allegations that he sold steroids — while armed and in uniform — to customers who included his fellow officers.

Dewitt McDonald, 45, of Wellington, was fired in 2013 after racking up a long history of misconduct, including a 2006 suspension for buying steroids from the notorious PowerMedica pharmacy in Deerfield Beach before it was raided and shut down by the feds.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/images/pixel.gif
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/images/pixel.gif
Though McDonald pleaded not guilty during his court appearance in Fort Lauderdale, federal prosecutors and his attorney made it clear that he has been cooperating with investigators and is expected to plead guilty to the lone charge of knowingly carrying a firearm during a drug-trafficking crime.

"There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be here for a plea, he'll be here for sentencing," his lawyer Michael Salnick told the judge.

McDonald, who was handcuffed and shackled in court, was released on a $250,000 bond.

While McDonald was still employed by the police department in 2011 and 2012, he opened Prime Performance Wellness Centers Inc. in Lake Worth and Prime Health and Rejuvenation Clinic in Wellington.

The businesses advertised testosterone and human growth hormone therapy, but prosecutors said he used them to illegally sell anabolic steroids and other prescription drugs between September 2011 and April 2013.

"At times, he was doing this while in uniform and carrying a firearm," prosecutor Jeffrey Kaplan said.
McDonald has been a police officer for more than 18 years.

The charge relates to a March 5, 2013 incident when McDonald delivered drugs — while on duty and carrying his Smith & Wesson M&P40 pistol — to a person in Palm Beach County.

McDonald forged the signatures of doctors on prescriptions, altered prescriptions, illegally split larger vials into smaller ones and signed his name on pre-printed prescriptions that listed the doctors' names, investigators said.

Salnick praised his client's work ethic and said he was a "cops' cop." Sentencing guidelines suggest he could face five years in federal prison.

"He knows he's got to do some prison time," Salnick said. He declined to comment on whether McDonald has testified or is expected to testify against others.

"Obviously, the activities of the entire West Palm Beach Police Department, in my opinion, deserve some scrutiny," Salnick said after the hearing, adding that "mandatory drug-testing of police officers at least twice a week" would be a good start.

West Palm Beach Police did not respond to requests for comment.

McDonald had turned over all of his firearms to his lawyer some time ago, when he first came under scrutiny, and gave up his ******** on Thursday. He is not allowed to leave South Florida while the charge is pending.

ODB
04-19-2014, 05:06 AM
Dumb Ass, it's so easy to get a Doc to prescribe shit in Florida their is no need to break the Law.
He prob made just as much $ from his legit clinics that he did with his side sales.

A buddy of mine got a scrip for AAS + GH about 1 year ago @ age 35 - with no real medical issues.

PEPrep
04-19-2014, 05:43 AM
Cop in jail. Not good for him.

TheTrain
04-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Cop in jail. Not good for him.

He deserves it, a lot of cops act like there so much better than regular people when they are human and put pants on one leg at a time also. I have 4 guys I grew up with who became cops. 1 is a huge dick wad and acts like hes mister perfect citizen helps every old lady cross the street and saves every child in trouble. Fuck him..

He will be in protective custody the whole time in prison, if he tells on his friends he'll probably get off completely...

PEPrep
04-19-2014, 01:01 PM
I agree bro. They are held to a higher standard and given higher authority that a lot choose to abuse. I got a dui ten years ago and both cops walked into the hearing and fucking lied. Pricks. I wonder what kind of a cop Ronnie Coleman was.

He deserves it, a lot of cops act like there so much better than regular people when they are human and put pants on one leg at a time also. I have 4 guys I grew up with who became cops. 1 is a huge dick wad and acts like hes mister perfect citizen helps every old lady cross the street and saves every child in trouble. Fuck him..

He will be in protective custody the whole time in prison, if he tells on his friends he'll probably get off completely...

Mfire
04-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Same thing happened to my wife last year, she wasn't even driving!

ODB
04-19-2014, 08:48 PM
"It's not the Uniform that makes the Man, it's the Man that makes the Uniform".

YES -He will be in protective custody the whole time in prison, if he tells on his friends he'll probably get off completely...

Time Bandit
04-19-2014, 09:13 PM
I would have to say I know a few good ones. In any profession your going to find your assholes. Not to bad of an idea to open a clinic tho.
Been thinking of moving some home made supplements my self. Would be nice to cut some Dbol into it like Coke did with there drink some
50 years ago. Havoc was good at one time was it not... LOL!

The object is don't get caught and blame some one else or go to rehab and all is forgot and forgiven if you do. LOL!