PDA

View Full Version : EPO or Erythropoietin

IronTex
04-25-2014, 02:10 PM
I wanted to post something about EPO mainly to dispell myths. If you search out people with questions about EPO you will find replies to the subject along the lines of the replies people would make about Andreas Munzer and Lyle Alzado when referring to anabolic steroids. It really suprised me to read this, especially coming from the bodybuilding community. Bodybuilders are folks who should know better than to parrot propoganda about any pharma being used for enhancement.

Yes, some Dutch cyclists died in the 80's. Was this entirely from EPO use? Who is to say. What we do know is that in the current cycling and endurance sports world, EPO use is rampant at the top levels. How often do you hear of someone ramping their hematocrit up too high at this day and age? Never.

EPO is an amazing drug that has astounding benefits for someone training heavily. It increases your red blood cell count (hematocrit). The dosages of the drug affect everyone different. One guy can see a 1% increase in hematocrit (HCT) from 10,000 iu, whereas the next guy might need 30,000 iu. You also must be sure to get your serum ferritin levels above 100 before use. This can be accomplished with supplemental iron orally or by injection. Injection is much more effective, as you might imagine. You also need to be taking folic acid, vit C and B12 in order to allow your body to take in the iron as efficiently as possible. After beginning EPO injections you need to have blood work done to monitor your HCT levels. HCT levels about 55% are considered to be high, and this is where the drug really can be dangerous. That said, it takes a good amount of EPO to get your HCT above 55%, and it would be truly difficult to accidentally accomplish this.

EPO is mixed and injected sub-q exactly the same way as hGH, with the exception of the injection location. You are trying to get these EPO proteins to your kidneys where the red blood cells will be created. SO, you have to pinch you love handle area, and do your sub-q injection on your side. Injecting near the belly button will drastically reduce the effectiveness of the drug.

It is also odd to me that if you attempt to search out the information I have just laid out above on the internet that yo;u will be hard pressed to find anything at all. I think more people could benefit from the effects of an elevated hematocrit. Getting oxygen to your muscles and brain is only a good thing. Imagine your hardest training days when bulking, and being able to push out 2 or 3 more reps than you used to be able to before failure? Imagine waking up and feeling more fresh and recovered from intense training than you ever have with hGH and AAS?

From personal experience, I am saying is that this stuff is worth a look.

bigsam
04-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks for this info.

SquatsandOats
05-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Very interesting. How long does it take to see benefits? Are they a permanent increase in hemocrit if not how long does it last

bdad
05-11-2014, 07:03 AM
This a compound I would never consider, EQ fucks me

TheTrain
05-11-2014, 11:51 AM
From my understanding this is mostly used by endurance athletes although I see how it could be beneficial to anyone active fighting, running marathon etc.. We have a source here on BOP who carries it rather cheap also

SquatsandOats
06-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Are the benefits lasting, as with AAS, where it could be cycle or are they more temporary like before a "meet" (marathon)

studmuffin
06-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Good info,didnt know what EPO was til now.

masteratarms
06-03-2014, 01:13 AM
epo is useless unless you are involved in a sport of endurance and if you're just running track or a marathon, you shouldn't take this, this is a serious drug with serious effects Olympic athletes use it for gold medals, why risk it for a local track meet or something of that nature

Speedy2011
06-03-2014, 04:09 AM
great info any word on woman using it...

masteratarms
06-03-2014, 07:51 AM
it just increases red blood cells so I don't think I women would have any different effect from a man

Speedy2011
06-04-2014, 12:55 AM
same dosing? how do i monitor for side?

masteratarms
06-04-2014, 02:20 AM
same dosing? how do i monitor for side?

it all depends on you're blood work, you would have to go to the doctor and have blood work done and that would be the deciding factor for dosing, but if you have to really monitor you're blood work for sides because you don't want you're blood to get to thick, when you're red blood cells are super high you should have a decent sense of well being so if you're taking it and are getting sick or feeling bad that's a sign something could be going wrong

SquatsandOats
07-07-2014, 06:07 AM
epo is useless unless you are involved in a sport of endurance and if you're just running track or a marathon, you shouldn't take this, this is a serious drug with serious effects Olympic athletes use it for gold medals, why risk it for a local track meet or something of that nature
i understand brother im curious like a cat is all. thats why my friends call me whiskers