PDA

View Full Version : Few questions RE: filtering and sterilzing

Pop123
05-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi guys, great board you have here btw...

Right then, I'm not new to homebrewing as such, have done a good few brews before using syringe filters and bottle top filters, like nalgenes, millipore stericup type etc, using a hand pump

has as anyone used a nalgene fast cap before? I'm looking into giving my next brew a try with one of these, I have an electric vac pump on route, the only thing I haven't got yet is a regulator to control psi, not sure what kind of pressure these fast caps can take, I know with the stericups I couldn't ever really go above 10-15 psi

so any thoughts on this guys? Any recommendations for a source for a regulator to go with my elec vac pump?

there was one more thing, I've also invested in a bottle top dispenser, I was just going to attach it to a media bottle containing BA and run it through before attaching to media bottle of finished product then dispense into vials, anybody see any problems with this? Or have a better idea? I don't have access to an autoclave before anyone suggests it! LOL

Thanks for any responses

THE 67
12-14-2014, 07:45 AM
you would be better off using a full glass filtration system., w/o. a psi regulator on it you will crack the bottle top.. or have a serious leak going on