PDA

View Full Version : tendonitis of elbow

rusty
05-16-2014, 05:27 AM
hey brother iv had case of tendonitis of the elbow was painful for 6week now it no longer painful to stretch my arm or move it around just want to know if any one has experience with it and what exercise could you do that didn't cause it to flare up

PAiN
05-17-2014, 04:42 AM
Thankfully I have not, but hopefully one of our fellow brothers can chime in with some more info about it.

noarch
05-17-2014, 05:09 AM
I've had tendonitis in my left elbow, right wrist, and both shoulders. Every time I got it fixed at a chiropractor or physical therapist who did ART which is like super deep tissue massage. Every time I had a tendonitis flare up, it was because I had a muscular imbalance somewhere else and it was showing up as pain in the joint where there was inflammation that was pinching a nerve and causing the pain.

Go see somebody about it....in my experience, the tendonitis in a certain location was due to a problem somewhere else. For instance, when my elbow flared up, we were able to fix it by loosening my pecs and strengthening my traps. The flare up in my elbow was because it was having to work too hard to accommodate a structural imbalance somewhere else. I couldn't have figured that out without going to see somebody about it.

But while we were fixing it, I was out of arm and back exercises. I had to wait it out.

rusty
05-17-2014, 10:08 PM
cheers thank mate yeah definly need some one who no alot to check me out pretty much had bursitis flare up and not long after had tendoitis flare up sux cause i no it wont be last time of either

urajokemc
05-18-2014, 03:33 AM
Im going through it now. Its the "tennis elbow" version. I pitched, played qb for years, and never had a problem. As a grip e resize I was taking the 8 lb heavy ball and playing it....Thats what did it. Its been like this for 3 months now. I even had a cortisone shot (worked for a week) don't know about you but it hurts just to take the covers off the bed...hurts BAD!!!!
I'm just going to deal with it, and do a few exercises I was shown. I can block pain out pretty good at the gym.
list of injuries. Torn left shoulder labrum (im fine unless o go back, and over my head.
Back surgery 3 levels (that was a bitch, but I busted my ass rehabbing it)
For the elbow..is does it hurt to the touch on the outside top part?

kubes
05-18-2014, 03:39 AM
hey brother iv had case of tendonitis of the elbow was painful for 6week now it no longer painful to stretch my arm or move it around just want to know if any one has experience with it and what exercise could you do that didn't cause it to flare up

That injury just takes a long time to heal. I wear a brace when I train and have had it flare up many times over the years. It usually takes between 8-12 weeks for it to go away but I never stop training to let it really rest either

rusty
05-18-2014, 03:59 AM
8 to 12 week sounds good to me @ kubes im half way there i can still sqaut so ut keep me sain light bench press dosent hurt yet either . @urajokemc i think mine golfers elbow as pain inside elbow not out side

kubes
05-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Right it's the arm curls that hurt the most.... You might try using the preacher curl or machines while you are healing up

rusty
05-18-2014, 04:14 AM
yeah iv been avoiding curls all together till im 100% cause it was most painfull were bottom part of bichep meet the elbow on inside and i was curling twice a week cause my biceps were lagging behind so i wont be doing that again

wook
05-18-2014, 04:59 AM
Deca helps big time!

Dont wanna be old
05-18-2014, 01:14 PM
I think therapy is important . Stretching and heat .
If you look at muscle diagram you can see on forearm muscle cross over one another .
If there is a imbalance then one causes discomfort/swelling/pinched nerve .
Think the problem of carpel tunnel . Then move that up arm .
Not sure Vetrinarian restrictions where you are . The horse muscle rub kicks ass here . Has camphor in it .
Winstrol drys out horses just like humans .
Good luck friend

dr.ziegler
05-18-2014, 01:34 PM
I've had it in my left elbow for over 20yrs.Mine is called Golfers Elbow because it's the inside tendon.Basically it's a rupture in the blood vessels.Tbe lack of blood flow cause the pain.Other than surgery it will always give you some problems.Deca can help ease the pain but it will not fix it nor will any other drug.I've had several cordisone shot in it over the years(more than I shoud have really).But it always returns.Really all you can do is get a good brace.What you need is one that holds the tendons in place when moving your arm.And stretch alot.By keeping it stretched it does help.The surgery is something I've decided not to get because by doing it you lose mobilty.Good luck bro!!

Herc
05-18-2014, 03:44 PM
I have had tendon problems for the last 15 years. When I get a flair up, I buy some "Super Cissus" by USP labs and it has me fixed up in less than a month. The stuff is amazing. Deca doesn't help my tendon problems at all, However, Deca does help some joint pain. just something to try, you can buy it anywhere...even amazon.

toppjimie
05-18-2014, 05:03 PM
I wear a Adjustable strap that goes around your forearm,close to the elbow.Its made to Distributes the tension more evenly.works pretty good too.get then at any drug store.if it gets REALLY Bad,go get a cortisone shot from the doc.

rusty
05-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Cheers thanks for all the advice guys it will help heaps

rusty
06-02-2014, 10:56 AM
iv been back at training for 3 weeks doing most execise but no bi yet i was getting little bit of pain doin bent over row and pretty much going off theroy if it hurts dont do it so far havnt notice much pain in the tendons but some.morings i have notice there little tight in the.morning wen i stretch not painful tho is this cause im over.using it or is it just tight from being used.again??

soopafli
06-02-2014, 08:37 PM
You can go to a pain mnmgt dr and get shots in your elbows that help alot . I have tendonitis and nerve nueroapthy in both elbows after I get those shots I barely feel it

Mr Tiny
06-03-2014, 03:56 AM
Ice for 20-30 minutes to get a good freeze than cross friction on the tendon. Make sure instead of follow the tendon wrist to elbow follow it side to side

Rooroo
06-03-2014, 04:39 AM
My tendinitis is fuckin with me good because it's leaving the right arm and going directly to the left . I hate it and will suck it up like a big boy but the pain is super intense during and even worse after my workout . I

soopafli
06-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Shots bros im tellin ya I pay 27 dollars a visit get a shot in each elbow every 3 months or so never feel it and I had it so bad I cant get a jug of milk out of fridge one time

urajokemc
06-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Ive done everything under the sun to fix it. Rested it for 8 weeks, chiropractor, even a cortisone shot (that did help for a few weeks) but it came back. Doc says its here to stay. It SUCKS! I cant even pull the blankets off. Its a matter of blocking out the pain for me now. Somehow I can psych myself up so much at the gym I can do everything except heavy biceps, and wide grip back exercises. I'm at that age where things either don't heal or take a LONG time. Its crazy, I can hardly shake hands, yet it still get killer workouts.

Mz1220
06-07-2014, 04:59 AM
Had golfers elbow bout a year ago. Pull ups where the cause of it and any type of pulling movements. I wore grip straps when I did pull ups it took the stress of the tendon. It took bout 4-5 months to heal up. Rest is key the more you use it the harder it is to heal. Stretching helps too

soopafli
06-07-2014, 05:04 AM
Triamcinolone Acetonide injections ...... no more pain

madman
10-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Acetonide injections is my next step Doc's telling me

Dr-Octagon
10-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Im dealing with tennis elbow in my right elbow. I have 2 herniated discs at L3 and 4 which I had finally completed chiropractic and physical therapy for. Been dealing with that since 2008 and was as pain free as im gonna be with that and I had bought a house and was just really overdoing it and developed the tendonitis. Had been runnin cjc 1295 and ghrp6 hoping to speed things up but I know these type of injuries can take a long time or linger on and off indefinitely. Sux for sure

tm1271
10-14-2014, 01:39 AM
The only thing that worked for me was cortisone shot and rest

sorude
10-14-2014, 12:53 PM
My friend said accupunture solved his pain. I just recently experience tennis elbow pain too. Think its from increasing weight on bench pressing too quickly. I'll give accupunture a try.

mrmoltov
09-07-2016, 07:46 AM
ve been in therapy for the last 4 months for lateral epicondalitis in both elbows. (Tennis elbow) Stretching, rasting, ice, tens unit, laser and exercise have been an every other day regime. You have a repetitive use injury and the only way to help it is to keep the inflammation down with ice after your workout. The tendons need to heal and since there is very little blood flow to the tendons, it takes a long time. Deep massage and myofascial release helps to get the blood flowing. Rasting helps break apart the scar tissue and realign the tendons the way they're supposed to line up. If you can get a flex bar and strengthen the forearm muscles including the supinator this will definitely help. STAY AWAY FROM CORTISONE SHOTS!!! They will break down the tendon even more and you'll go from tendinitis to tendinosis, cellular death of the tendon.
Ice and exercise is your best friend. I could hardly pick up a coffee cup or lift a gallon of milk without extreme pain but after a few months of therapy I'm back to about 75% (because I keep lifting anyways or I'd be at 90%] See a sports therapist bro, you'll be glad you did.
Hope you feel better soon!

mrmoltov
09-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Hgh is also a great help to rebuild connective tissue!

rocknroll
02-19-2020, 03:03 AM
Deca helps big time!
I keep seeing deca recommended...why does it help tendinitis??

Shawn4425
02-19-2020, 03:49 PM
I get tendonitis every so often. I avoided it for years, but once I popped my cherry it seems to come about from time to time. I'm not sure about how to cure it other then time. But one tip that had helped me avoid it from time to time.

SQUEEZ THE HELL OUT OF THE BAR.

Engage the smaller assisting muscles and it will help protect the elbow. Whenever I get elbow pain I notice it is after longer rep sets. When you tend to get lazy squeezing the bars towards the end of the set

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk