PDA

View Full Version : Union County man caught with steroids, 28 syringes in car

PAiN
05-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Union County man caught with steroids, 28 syringes in car

on May 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM

http://media.nj.com/union_impact/photo/14941458-large.jpg

Used syringes are seen in a file photo.

CRANFORD — A Garwood man sitting in a parked van in Cranford was arrested Tuesday after police found steroids and syringes in his vehicle, authorities said.

Jack Poffenberger, 48, was in the 1998 Ford van, parked in the lot of a closed business at East South Avenue and Meeker Avenue around 6:30 p.m., police said.

Cranford police officer Steven D’Ambola decided to investigate, and a search of the vehicle turned up 28 syringes and two bottles of suspected steroids, according to police.

Poffenberger was charged with drug possession, possession of hypodermic needles and having an open container in a vehicle. He was released pending an appearance in Union County Superior Court, police said.

The incident was not Poffenberger's first run-in with local authorities — according to published reports, he was arrested in Clark in April 2012 on charges of receiving stolen property, drug paraphernalia and multiple warrants. A month later, he was arrested in Cranford after trying to hide from police officers behind a parked car, and was allegedly found in possession of heroin.

studmuffin
05-19-2014, 01:34 AM
Dumb ass!

Dick
05-19-2014, 01:36 AM
Really? What an idiot.

Freedom
06-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Throw your shit away!

Correctly!

Any idea how often cops get people on their very own trash? A lot!!

Mfire
06-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Fuckin dumbass

D-rock
06-29-2014, 12:12 PM
Your Trash Tells Allot If There Looking To Bust You . Just Something I Do , I Work For A Pretty Good Sized Company And I Don't Mind Thrown My Shit In There Cans . Even Boxes That I Get , I Mean Everything Goes In There Trash .

Dont wanna be old
06-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I wonder why sitting in a Van makes you suspect ?
I sit in car and check text . We're no suppose to drive and text ?
Don't give LE credit for harassing someone and getting lucky .
Therefore if you search enough people , eventually you will find some dirt .
Theres no doubt he could have done things better .

AMSTAR
07-13-2014, 08:23 AM
So it is illegal to possess a syringe in the US?

The steroids I can understand.

rmkicks
07-13-2014, 12:10 PM
You don't ride around with shit in your car, especially if you have priors. What a dumb fuck!!

PAiN
07-13-2014, 12:13 PM
So it is illegal to possess a syringe in the US?

The steroids I can understand.

It depends on the state.

rocky83
07-17-2014, 04:58 PM
At 48 years old this dude should know better! Shame on you sir LOL!

Memphis
07-18-2014, 04:45 PM
You can't fix stupid, I always say! I know guys at my gym that do it in they car before the go in while people are walking around. Just dumb!

FrankTheTank
07-19-2014, 01:20 PM
I wonder why sitting in a Van makes you suspect ?
I sit in car and check text . We're no suppose to drive and text ?
Don't give LE credit for harassing someone and getting lucky .
Therefore if you search enough people , eventually you will find some dirt .
Theres no doubt he could have done things better .

Cops ride around and check people's plate if it comes back with priors (especially possession of drugs or stolen property) they are gonna come up and look for anything to give them probable cause to search. Shit, most of the time they trick the driver into giving them permission.

Joebad1
07-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Wow !! Really all those used syringes in your vehicle ?also really must suck to be so stupid to get arrested for two vials..another thing to never ride with..