PDA

View Full Version : Giving blood

noarch
05-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Hey guys....just saw another guy's post on when to give blood. That's the first time I've ever heard of needing to give blood due to the cycle you're on. So I'm gonna hit you with some newbie questions....

1. Is that for every steroid, or do certain ones cause your RBC count to go higher?
2. What if you can't give blood? (I'm not allowed....but that's a different topic altogether).

Thanks fellas.

kubes
05-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Hey guys....just saw another guy's post on when to give blood. That's the first time I've ever heard of needing to give blood due to the cycle you're on. So I'm gonna hit you with some newbie questions....

1. Is that for every steroid, or do certain ones cause your RBC count to go higher? Most will cause some elevation but some more than others
2. What if you can't give blood? (I'm not allowed....but that's a different topic altogether). You need to monitor your labs and see if your hematocrit level is elavated and reduce your dose if needed or come off

Thanks fellas.

See above in bold.

noarch
05-22-2014, 07:12 PM
See above in bold.

Thanks Kubes.

masteratarms
05-23-2014, 12:29 AM
giving blood is super important brother idk if you have ever heard of Seth feroce he's an ifbb pro he had problems with his red blood cell count getting to high and was having some health issue over it

noarch
05-23-2014, 02:04 AM
Thought he had kidney problems....I knew to do bloodwork, but thought it was primarily for hormone levels. I can't donate blood, so I hope I don't run into trouble and need to dump my cycle (once I finally start!).

animal87
05-23-2014, 02:08 AM
Yea they all have the potential to raise it. EQ and anadrol will for sure tho.

masteratarms
05-23-2014, 02:33 AM
Thought he had kidney problems....I knew to do bloodwork, but thought it was primarily for hormone levels. I can't donate blood, so I hope I don't run into trouble and need to dump my cycle (once I finally start!).

he had a lot of problems brother

kubes
05-23-2014, 02:35 AM
When the red blood cell count gets to high you risk blood getting to thick. Bigger risk of blood clots

FrankTheTank
05-23-2014, 04:14 AM
What are you running? If you're just running a simple cycle and not staying on too long you will be fine. I like to take a low dose of aspirin everyday just to help keep the blood thinner. Can't you give blood then call them and tell them to discard it???

noarch
05-23-2014, 04:28 AM
12 week test cycle with 4 week tbol kickstart. Still just researching tho....making sure I know what I'm in for and trying to cover all the angles.

Regarding telling the blood people to discard it.....that makes me sound like a psycho, no? Lol. Who goes to the blood bank and then says "oh never mind." Lol.

kubes
05-23-2014, 09:52 AM
12 week test cycle with 4 week tbol kickstart. Still just researching tho....making sure I know what I'm in for and trying to cover all the angles.

Regarding telling the blood people to discard it.....that makes me sound like a psycho, no? Lol. Who goes to the blood bank and then says "oh never mind." Lol.

Just run your mid cycle labs to see if a blood donation is needed. Getting a CBC count will tell you what you need to know

FrankTheTank
05-23-2014, 10:33 AM

It's pretty common for people to tell them discard it. They actually give you a 800 number to call within 5 weeks I think it is to call and tell them to discard. I'm not sure they even ask the reason. Maybe somebody forgot that they took a certain medicine or something. But I doubt you'll have any issues with your cycle anyway.

turbolnd
09-26-2016, 11:12 PM
Ok. So I run into this problem practically every cycle. I have a moderately high hematocrit even when off of everything. But I have found it difficult to give blood. Everywhere you go they initially test your iron. Iron being immediately red flags you for potential underlying issues and they'll tell you you have to see a Dr before they'll take your blood. So does anyone have a solution? Is there something I haven't thought of here to maybe get them to take your blood anyway? I try to use the aspirin trick. But that only goes so far. Also would it be better to just use blood thinners? Or is there possibly something there that I don't know about? I really need a solution. I feel that I'm held back by my body's tendancy to raise RBC count. I've looked at possibly getting a phlebotomy kit. I'll learn to do it my own. Not scared or squeamish. But I'd much rather just go to a blood bank and give blood.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

turbolnd
09-26-2016, 11:12 PM
**iron being high**

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

mastermolnar
09-27-2016, 09:59 AM
I just recently gave blood and any blood ypu give will be tested obviously after you give it before it is available for transfusion. Calling them and asking to discard would raise no eyebrows. They ask you a ton of questions and just tell them that you are concerned because you are unsure about your answers to some of the questions... just my thoughts. You could and should discuss alternatives with your doctor. I fully utilize my confidentiality with my doctor. I pay so much money for insurance I figure why keep ANYTHING from them