PDA

View Full Version : Post Cycle Training and Diet

Hatefactory
07-08-2014, 07:38 PM
So as I am sadly nearing the end of my summer cycle, I have stumbled across many conflicting opinions on how to train and eat post cycle to keep all of my hard earned gains.

One school of thought says that because heavy lifting suppresses natural testosterone levels, that you should stay away from heavy lifting or even take a few weeks off post cycle.

The other says that increased training volume is the only way to insure maximum muscle retention.

I find the first way hard to accept because there is no place I would rather be than the gym.

Brothers help me out with thoughts, experience and wisdom please!

kubes
07-08-2014, 07:41 PM
So as I am sadly nearing the end of my summer cycle, I have stumbled across many conflicting opinions on how to train and eat post cycle to keep all of my hard earned gains.

One school of thought says that because heavy lifting suppresses natural testosterone levels, that you should stay away from heavy lifting or even take a few weeks off post cycle.

The other says that increased training volume is the only way to insure maximum muscle retention.

I find the first way hard to accept because there is no place I would rather be than the gym.

Brothers help me out with thoughts, experience and wisdom please!

Keep your training intense but limit it to the compound movements and no more than 45 minutes. Honestly i would cut the training back to 3 times each week concentrating on just the compound movements until you finish pct. Your body needs rest and with testosterone levels low it will be hard to recover if you train as often as you did on cycle.

ozzy69
07-08-2014, 07:46 PM
I agree with kubes. Also watch your food intake and watch that scale very closesly.

Hatefactory
07-08-2014, 09:14 PM
So do you think I should up my calories and protein or keep them about the same? My last cycle I took a suggestion to do about 50% of my max and my strength and size went to absolute shit!

kubes
07-08-2014, 09:35 PM
You want to keep the calories up to maintain the new tissue. I wouldn't eat more than when you were on cycle.

Hatefactory
07-08-2014, 10:36 PM
My diet is usually pretty on point. The hardest thing for me will be staying out of the gym

kubes
07-08-2014, 10:44 PM
My diet is usually pretty on point. The hardest thing for me will be staying out of the gym
You could still go to the gym and do cardio just don't spend to much time lifting as you will not be able to recover the way you did on cycle or after you are finished with pct.

Hatefactory
07-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks kubes! Before I started AAS I did a lot of research regarding fenugreek and DHEA as ways to increase natural test levels. Most sources say that it's basically bullshit but a lot of websites recommend them as part of PCT. Thoughts?