PDA

View Full Version : First Cycle Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3

noarch
07-09-2014, 12:48 AM
Just decided to start up a journal for my first cycle. Pack landed yesterday from Legend, planning on starting up on Sunday. So I've still got a few days to get everything sorted before I get on it. Hope some of you guys chime in along the way....I'm sure I'm gonna need help!

40 yo, 5'-11" and hover between 170-175 right now. Goal for my first cycle is a somewhat slow, lean, dry gain....not looking to blow up, just want to make sure what I put on is good quality, low bloat and is size I can keep.

Weeks 1-4
T-bol at 50mg/day (half in the morning, and half before working out)

Weeks 1-12
Test E at 500mg/week (250 sunday morning, and 250 wednesday night)

Weeks 1-14
Adex at .25 EOD, adjust as needed

Weeks 14-18
Nolvadex at 40/40/20/20

So that's the plan....stay tuned for workout and diet.

kubes
07-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Looks good brother are you considering running hcg during the cycle?

noarch
07-09-2014, 01:05 AM
So here's how I've been working out the last few months....not sure I'm gonna keep this up. It's been good, but I'm thinking about dropping the 5x5s and doing all my sets in the 8-12 range -- I've been experimenting with that on back day and I think I like it. And debating whether I need to back off to a 4-day/week schedule. I may be overtraining some here, since I tend to get injured pretty easily...especially shoulders.

Five day split...taking days off as needed for my schedule...but never working out more than 5 in a row.

DAY ONE
Rotator Cuff Warmup
5x5 Hammer Strength Shoulder Press (3:00 rest)
3x10 Cable Upright Row (2:00 rest)
3x15 DB Lateral Raises (1:00 rest)
3x10 Face Pull (2:00 rest)
3x15 DB Rear Lateral (1:00 rest)

5x5 Stiff Leg Deads (3:00)
3x10 Seated Leg Curls (2:00)
3x15 Leg Press (1:00) -- feet high on platform

DAY 2
5x5 Close Grip Bench (3:00)
5x5 DB Curls (3:00)
3x10 V-bar Pushdowns (2:00)
3x15 DB hammer grip skullcrushers (1:00)
3x10 Cable Curls (2:00)
3x15 DB Preacher curls (1:00)
3x10 Reverse EZ Curls (1:30)
3x10 Forearm Curls (1:30)

DAY 3
3x8 Wide Grip Pulldowns (2:00)
3x8 Hammer Strength High Row (2:00)
3x8 T-bar Row (2:00)
3x8 Cable Row (2:00)
3x10 Weighted Hyperextensions (1:30)
5x5 DB Shrugs (2:30)
3x10 Cable Shrugs behind the back (1:30)

DAY 4
5X5 Flat BB Bench (3:00)
3x10 Incline bench (2:00) ... been experimenting w/ hammer strength, bb, and db...leaning toward neutral grip db
3x10 DB Pull-overs (2:00)
3x15 DB Flyes (1:00) slight incline on the bench

4x8 Seated Calf (2:00)
3x16 Donkey Calf (1:00)

DAY 5
5x5 Leg Press (3:00)
3x10 Power Squat machine thing (2:00) -- don't know what it's called...lol
3x10 Leg Extension (2:00)
3x15 Air Squat holding a db (1:00) -- using that thing that locks your feet in place

4x10 Cable Crunch (2:00)
3x10 Knee Raise (1:00)
3x10 Russian Twist w/ Medicine Ball (1:00)

noarch
07-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Looks good brother are you considering running hcg during the cycle?

Thought about it Kubes, but heard too much conflicting info, and it was all starting to get too complicated. I know you advocate it, but I'm gonna see how I do this time without it. I may change my mind next time around.

kubes
07-09-2014, 01:09 AM
Thought about it Kubes, but heard too much conflicting info, and it was all starting to get too complicated. I know you advocate it, but I'm gonna see how I do this time without it. I may change my mind next time around.

I would either add clomid or torem to your planned pct. Training looks good brother. Looking forward to seeing the progress

noarch
07-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Forgot to mention...in addition to the lifting above.

Monday through Friday
30-45 minutes elliptical or incline treadmill walking first thing in the morning on an empty stomach w/ a BCAA supplement drink, regardless of whether I'm lifting that day or not.

I hate the waking up part, but feel so much better for the rest of the day doing that low-intensity cardio in the morning. And end up sleeping better at night.

rmkicks
07-09-2014, 01:17 AM
Reps for posting a training journal noarch. You will get some great feedback from some knowledgeable brothers here, especially since this is your first cycle. Good luck, I'm looking forward to following along.

noarch
07-09-2014, 01:18 AM
I would either add clomid or torem to your planned pct. Training looks good brother. Looking forward to seeing the progress

Yeah....debated on Clomid when I was placing my order. Figured I'd at least have the Nolva on hand and ready to go for PCT....and keep researching Clomid....tons of conflicting info out there on PCT. Don't know anything about Toremifene tho....don't hear many guys talking about that.

kubes
07-09-2014, 01:22 AM
Yeah....debated on Clomid when I was placing my order. Figured I'd at least have the Nolva on hand and ready to go for PCT....and keep researching Clomid....tons of conflicting info out there on PCT. Don't know anything about Toremifene tho....don't hear many guys talking about that.

Many guys that do not like the sides from Clomid run torem in its place. I suggest running 2 serms for your pct they work well together. Getting your endocrine system back up and running is the most important part of your cycle.

noarch
07-09-2014, 01:33 AM
And here's the diet......pretty good I think, but I know there's also some junk in there I could clear out.

6:30
Espresso
BCAA drink during morning cardio

8:00 Breakfast (56P, 70C, 22.5F 650 cal)
Green Smoothie (greek yogurt, pineapple, banana, spinach, almond milk, fish oil, vanilla protein powder)
2 Kashi whole grain waffles

12:00 Lunch (52P, 22C, 28F 553 cal)
Salad (mixed greens, grilled chicken, fat-free feta cheese, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, almonds, 2T salad dressing)
Espresso
Dark Chocolate

3:00 Snack (51P, 24C, 7.5F 374 cal)
Red Smoothie (almond milk, carrot juice, raspberries, fish oil, protein powder)

5:30 Workout + Post-Workout (69P, 24C, 0F 390 cal)
Protein drink during workout
Protein + Carb drink after workout

8:00 Dinner (40P, 74C, 45F 847 cal)
Breaded Chicken
Sweet Potato Fries
Roasted Broccoli w/ olive oil
Wasabi Mayo (yum)

10:30 Snack (15P, 0C, 15F 210 cal)
Fresh mozzarella

GRAND TOTALS
283g Protein (37%)
214g Carbs (28%)
80g Fat (24%)

3024 Calories

noarch
07-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Many guys that do not like the sides from Clomid run torem in its place. I suggest running 2 serms for your pct they work well together. Getting your endocrine system back up and running is the most important part of your cycle.

Thanks, Kubes...I'll look into both.

cowboy up
07-09-2014, 01:50 AM

Cycle looks good... Deff did your research. May want to consider grabbing some hcg just to have on hand. It's not very expensive and a lot of domestic sponsors carry it. Better than the alternative and not have it on hand. I agree it can be a little overwhelming and there will always be conflicting stories as what works for 1 doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

noarch
07-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Thought I'd add in some goals too.....they say if you write it down, it happens right?

Long-term goal is not to get huge, but to pack on some serious quality size. Always had in my head that I want to be 200 with bf under 10%. Might wanna see if I can hit 215-220 one day. That's a ways off though. Overall goal is I guess what guys are calling "aesthetic" these days.

For this cycle, hoping to end up at 185 after PCT. So that's about 15 lbs above where I am now, and hoping to lean out a bit as well, or at least keep the bf the same. If all goes well, I think I should be able to put on 20 lbs over 12 weeks, and then settle back 5 or so once all is said and done. If I can get to that 185 number, and hold onto it through the end of the year I'll be stoked. And I'll be set up for cycle #2 after the first of the year.

noarch
07-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Meanwhile...pins arrived in the mail today. Bigger than I thought they were gonna be. LOL

First pin on Sunday.

studmuffin
07-09-2014, 06:56 PM
You have a good set up bro let us know how Legends gear is.

kubes
07-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Meanwhile...pins arrived in the mail today. Bigger than I thought they were gonna be. LOL

First pin on Sunday.
Thought I'd add in some goals too.....they say if you write it down, it happens right?

Long-term goal is not to get huge, but to pack on some serious quality size. Always had in my head that I want to be 200 with bf under 10%. Might wanna see if I can hit 215-220 one day. That's a ways off though. Overall goal is I guess what guys are calling "aesthetic" these days.

For this cycle, hoping to end up at 185 after PCT. So that's about 15 lbs above where I am now, and hoping to lean out a bit as well, or at least keep the bf the same. If all goes well, I think I should be able to put on 20 lbs over 12 weeks, and then settle back 5 or so once all is said and done. If I can get to that 185 number, and hold onto it through the end of the year I'll be stoked. And I'll be set up for cycle #2 after the first of the year.[/QUOTE]

What size pins did you get and are you planning to post up your nutrition plan?

noarch
07-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Hey Kubes...nutrition is up above.

got the 1" 25g pins. I'm totally needle-phobic, so I think I rationalized it in my head that they'd be like hair-thin. LOL.

kubes
07-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Hey Kubes...nutrition is up above.

got the 1" 25g pins. I'm totally needle-phobic, so I think I rationalized it in my head that they'd be like hair-thin. LOL.

Sorry i missed the nutrition brother. Those pins will work just fine bro

noarch
07-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Sorry i missed the nutrition brother. Those pins will work just fine bro

They'll work as long as I don't pass out on the floor from nerves when I try my first one!! LOL

kubes
07-09-2014, 07:13 PM
They'll work as long as I don't pass out on the floor from nerves when I try my first one!! LOL

The first one is hardest for sure then it's easy after that. Make sure you aspirate

cowboy up
07-09-2014, 07:30 PM
^^^Depends on your idea of easy! Lol

Are you drawing back with 25g as well? If you are and needle phobic, make sure to switch pins before injecting and be patient as depending on the thickness of oil it may take a bit to draw back.

noarch
07-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Drawing with 20s.

cowboy up
07-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Should be nice and easy then

kubes
07-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Drawing with 20s.

Thats perfect brother

rocky83
07-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Looking forward to seeing your progress brother!!! You are definitely on the right track! A lot more prepared then I was for my first cycle 10 years ago.

noarch
07-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Thanks, guys, for weighing in. Interested to hear if any of you have thoughts about how the diet looks....I think all the math looks right, but just want to make sure I've got everything all buttoned up.

Also.....SUPERnoob question. When you do your pin, how hard do you have to push it? LOL. Does it just slide in, or do I need to jab it?? I feel like an idiot even asking, but I don't wanna be poking around down there for long!

kubes
07-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Thanks, guys, for weighing in. Interested to hear if any of you have thoughts about how the diet looks....I think all the math looks right, but just want to make sure I've got everything all buttoned up.

Also.....SUPERnoob question. When you do your pin, how hard do you have to push it? LOL. Does it just slide in, or do I need to jab it?? I feel like an idiot even asking, but I don't wanna be poking around down there for long!

Depending on your goals i think your nutrition could be a little cleaner. The needle will slide right in as you break the fascia

noarch
07-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Depending on your goals i think your nutrition could be a little cleaner. The needle will slide right in as you break the fascia

thanks for taking a look Kubes...appreciate you taking an interest....

I agree it could be cleaner. Especially at dinnertime. Looking for slow(ish), mostly lean gains. I've got it at about 3000 calories. Does that sound about right to you? Would you suggest fewer carbs...or just better ones?

kubes
07-10-2014, 11:08 PM
And here's the diet......pretty good I think, but I know there's also some junk in there I could clear out.

6:30
Espresso
BCAA drink during morning cardio

8:00 Breakfast (56P, 70C, 22.5F 650 cal)
Green Smoothie (greek yogurt, pineapple, banana, spinach, almond milk, fish oil, vanilla protein powder)
2 Kashi whole grain waffles I would trade out those waffles for Either Ezekiel bread or Oatmeal

12:00 Lunch (52P, 22C, 28F 553 cal)
Salad (mixed greens, grilled chicken, fat-free feta cheese, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, almonds, 2T salad dressing)
Espresso
Dark Chocolate I would drop the choc here and add another complete carb Maybe Sweet potato or brown rice

3:00 Snack (51P, 24C, 7.5F 374 cal)
Red Smoothie (almond milk, carrot juice, raspberries, fish oil, protein powder) I would make this another protein and carb meal and drop the smoothie. Your body will absorb it to fast and not have a good amount of gas to train

5:30 Workout + Post-Workout (69P, 24C, 0F 390 cal)
Protein drink during workout
Protein + Carb drink after workout

8:00 Dinner (40P, 74C, 45F 847 cal)
Breaded Chicken
Sweet Potato Fries
Roasted Broccoli w/ olive oil
Wasabi Mayo (yum) I would drop the breaded chicken here and have either grilled or baked chicken

10:30 Snack (15P, 0C, 15F 210 cal) I would drop the Mozzarella and make this some sort of cassien protein before bed
Fresh mozzarella

GRAND TOTALS
283g Protein (37%)
214g Carbs (28%)
80g Fat (24%)

3024 Calories

I am a bit extreme but my comments are above in bold ;)

noarch
07-10-2014, 11:16 PM
I am a bit extreme but my comments are above in bold ;)

Extreme is good man. I'm not doing this to just get a little bigger...I'm doing it to look like a fucking stud. No half measures.

Your advice is spot on, though...and you picked out all the things I knew I was half-assing....stuff that's just more convenient, or tastes better, but that I know ought to be better.

toppjimie
07-10-2014, 11:17 PM

Great Job with your log.Its a great way of tracking your progress.when you pin your glutes,I go in the muscle at a 60 degree angle,one firm jab bro.you want to alternate sides too.good luck with it noarch

noarch
07-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Great Job with your log.Its a great way of tracking your progress.when you pin your glutes,I go in the muscle at a 60 degree angle,one firm jab bro.you want to alternate sides too.good luck with it noarch

Thanks man....yeah, you know I think I'm also kinda doing the log for some accountability. Sometimes you know what you're doing right, and you know what you're doing wrong in your head...but you just need somebody to say it to you to confirm and to get you to stop questioning yourself and to get out of your own way.

Appreciate everybody weighing in.

kubes
07-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Thanks man....yeah, you know I think I'm also kinda doing the log for some accountability. Sometimes you know what you're doing right, and you know what you're doing wrong in your head...but you just need somebody to say it to you to confirm and to get you to stop questioning yourself and to get out of your own way.

Appreciate everybody weighing in.

A log is also just a great way to track your progress. It pushes you harder ;)

noarch
07-13-2014, 08:09 PM
OK fellas...first pin is in!

Had a buddy do it for me the first time...not bad at all.

noarch
07-15-2014, 02:16 AM
So I guess this bruised feeling in my left butt cheek is the "pip" that I've heard so much about, huh?

Mz1220
07-15-2014, 03:34 AM
So I guess this bruised feeling in my left butt cheek is the "pip" that I've heard so much about, huh?
Probably. virgin muscle is the worse I used to always pin my glutes then I started my quads the first time hurt like hell could hardly walk for days. It gets better. I would pin the other side next time you pin.

noarch
07-15-2014, 03:59 AM
Probably. virgin muscle is the worse I used to always pin my glutes then I started my quads the first time hurt like hell could hardly walk for days. It gets better. I would pin the other side next time you pin.

Yup...going for the other side on Wednesday. Hopefully this first one eases up by then!

PAiN
07-15-2014, 11:38 PM
A log is also just a great way to track your progress. It pushes you harder ;)

Agreed.

Looking forward to following along bro. Thanks and reps for this log.

noarch
07-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Gearing up for pin #2 tomorrow! I had a buddy do it for me the first time....went smoothly, except I've been dealing with a bruised feeling that came on about 12 hours afterwards and is still here. I guess that's the pip...not too bad, just annoying and I'm ready for it to be gone. LOL.

My buddy's gonna be there to walk me through pin #2 as I do this one myself.....then I'll be all on my own starting with #3. Definitely feels better to have someone helping me along, and to have had him do that first one so I know how it feels and what to expect.

Started the T-bol on Sunday as well...decided on 50mg, 20mg in the morning and 30mg before my workout. Not sure what to expect from it....I know the test won't kick in for 3 or 4 weeks, but I've heard varying reports on the t-bol. Some people say it takes a couple of weeks, and some people say they feel it in a couple of days. I'm hoping I start feeling it soon, since that's the whole reason for me to do it....to get a jump start.

So far, I'm peeing a lot (but I'm also drinking more water than usual). And my butt hurts from the pip. But that's about it. I feel like I might be more focused in the gym, especially a little more endurance and focus toward the end of my workouts, but I'm sure that's just the psychological effect of knowing I'm finally running my cycle after so much time planning and wanting to make sure I'm getting the most out of it. Bad news is that my libido seems way down. Don't know why that would have happened so soon (if at all) but I'm hoping it rebounds fast. Looking forward to some t-bol pumps and some t-bol and test horniness!

In diet news....I tried Ezekiel bread at Kubes's recommendation. I haven't yet tried plywood or sawdust, but I imagine that would taste better. ;-P

kubes
07-16-2014, 03:55 AM
You need to toast the bread brother. I forgot to tell you that. Part of clean eating does mean giving up some of the things that taste good. Most things that taste good are loaded with sugar and preservatives. Toast the bread and put mustard for sandwiches and I think you will find its not that bad. I eat the muffins every morning with a little butter on them toasted and live them. As far as the libido goes. Are you running an ai? Your estro might be spiking.

noarch
07-16-2014, 03:58 AM
Yeah was mostly just messing around re the bread...it's not all that bad. Lol. Didn't see the muffins though....you get them at whole foods??

I'm doing arimidex at .25eod. Seems like a tiny amount (1mg tabs cut into fourths every other day???). Maybe I ought to bump that up? Didn't expect something like that right out of the gate.

kubes
07-16-2014, 04:03 AM
Some do require .5 eod but I think with only doing one pin its to early to determine. I really doubt your estro would spike that fast. Keep doing what your doing and see if you start seeing gains at the 3-4 week mark

noarch
07-16-2014, 04:04 AM
That's what I thought too...maybe the low libido is unrelated? I wasn't expecting any results, good or bad, in the first few days.

kubes
07-16-2014, 04:10 AM
That's what I thought too...maybe the low libido is unrelated? I wasn't expecting any results, good or bad, in the first few days.

Yes it might take a bit for you to level out that's all. Whenever you start out you are lower than we're you will be once you level out. That's when you feel it start to kick at the 3-4 week mark

noarch
07-16-2014, 04:20 AM
So it's kinda like it shuts down your natural production first, then you have to wait for the exogenous stuff to take over? I guess I thought those two things happened at the same time! I'm only running the tbol for 4 weeks, so hopefully something downstairs get going soon. Should I be thinking about Proviron? Or wait the three or four weeks before addressing it?

As always thanks for the advice.

kubes
07-16-2014, 04:24 AM
Wait and yes as soon as you have added androgens to your system your natty production will be suppressed. It takes time for your body's hormones to level out again. You should start to really feel things kicking at that 3-4 week mark

noarch
07-16-2014, 04:30 AM
Ok kubes I'll hang on. I'll have this hot date I've got next week email you though if I can't get things going! ;-p

noarch
07-17-2014, 03:14 AM
Pin #2 is in! Freaked out trying to do it solo, and had to go over to my buddy's house for some moral support. LOL. Used one of his 22g pins last time...this time used one of my 25g pins. It slid in real nice, but then was nearly impossible to push the oil in. Took forever, and I was shaking and moving around....probably gonna be sore again.

Workouts are going good...back day today, and have been feeling focused with good endurance. Looking forward to seeing the strength go up once the Tbol kicks in.

Otherwise, lethargic and low libido. Eager for this to all kick in.

kubes
07-17-2014, 03:16 AM
You should be feeling real good soon brother :)

noarch
07-17-2014, 03:18 AM
You should be feeling real good soon brother :)

It's funny...first cycle so no idea how any of this is supposed to "feel" aside from what I hear secondhand. I was so focused on the size gains before starting, but now that I'm into it....I'm dying to feel the pump and the non-stop boners! LOL

kubes
07-17-2014, 03:18 AM
It's funny...first cycle so no idea how any of this is supposed to "feel" aside from what I hear secondhand. I was so focused on the size gains before starting, but now that I'm into it....I'm dying to feel the pump and the non-stop boners! LOL

How much test are you running ew?

noarch
07-17-2014, 03:20 AM
500mg Test E. (250 each, sunday and wednesday)

kubes
07-17-2014, 03:23 AM
500mg Test E. (250 each, sunday and wednesday)

Another week and you should be feeling pretty good bro

noarch
07-17-2014, 03:28 AM
At least I think this suppression is a good sign that my gear is the real thing.

kubes
07-17-2014, 03:30 AM
At least I think this suppression is a good sign that my gear is the real thing.

Are you feeling run down or tired at all?

noarch
07-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Yup. It kinda hits me after lunch. Lethargic, like I need a nap. But I seem to get over it by about 4 or 5, which is when I work out.

kubes
07-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Yup. It kinda hits me after lunch. Lethargic, like I need a nap. But I seem to get over it by about 4 or 5, which is when I work out.

That might just be that your tired though. Are you getting 8 hrs sleep Ed?

noarch
07-17-2014, 03:47 AM
I get 8 hours every night, and always have. This tired feeling is new. Not just like the sort of thing that coffee would fix. More like I've been hit by a truck. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm happy to have this second dose of test in there though.

rocky83
07-17-2014, 07:21 AM
How far are you into your cycle?

noarch
07-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Just started on Sunday rocky....yesterday was my second pin.

kubes
07-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Just started on Sunday rocky....yesterday was my second pin.

How are you feeling today?

noarch
07-17-2014, 03:24 PM
So far so good. The tired feeling has been hitting me after lunch....so we shall see.

noarch
07-17-2014, 04:19 PM
You know it's cloudy and cool here this time of year, and I always forget how these overcast days make me feel. This has been the first string of these days in a row this year...maybe that's the culprit.

kubes
07-17-2014, 04:22 PM
You know it's cloudy and cool here this time of year, and I always forget how these overcast days make me feel. This has been the first string of these days in a row this year...maybe that's the culprit.

That could be. You will know for sure here in a couple weeks when your strength goes through the roof and you feel like superman ;)

noarch
07-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Haha. Yes, please!

rocky83
07-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Waiting those few weeks waiting for all the pistons to start firing full blast make me anxious like a mofo hahaha!

noarch
07-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah Rocky...I was expecting the few weeks for the test to kick in. But I thought I'd feel the tbol quickly. So far, it's all been limp dick and feeling tired tho. Didn't realize there was so much of a hump to get over first!

rocky83
07-17-2014, 05:02 PM
You should start feeling the TBol pretty soon if not already. Orals usually take me about a week or maybe a little longer to hit me.

noarch
07-17-2014, 05:05 PM
thanks, rocky...I'm not even a week into it, so I'm not concerned about that. I was just surprised with the dip in how I'm feeling coming on so fast....I guess I'd imagined things shut down slowly at the same rate that the artificial things ramp up. But it feels like I might have turned everything off all at once, but with a delay in everything coming online. We shall see.

In good news, I pinned myself yesterday....and did not pass out! LOL

noarch
07-18-2014, 12:19 AM
Still a little lethargic today...comes in waves. And flush, like warm face and ears. And the elliptical this morning said my heart rate was higher than it usually is. Maybe all this is blood pressure related from the tbol? Time for baby aspirin?? Or drop or reduce the tbol? Or hang in there with it??

I'm a mess. Lol.

kubes
07-18-2014, 03:36 AM
Still a little lethargic today...comes in waves. And flush, like warm face and ears. And the elliptical this morning said my heart rate was higher than it usually is. Maybe all this is blood pressure related from the tbol? Time for baby aspirin?? Or drop or reduce the tbol? Or hang in there with it??

I'm a mess. Lol.

Give it another week brother. You should start to feel something

noarch
07-18-2014, 03:36 AM
And start feeling less of this other stuff I hope.

kubes
07-18-2014, 03:43 AM
And start feeling less of this other stuff I hope.

Right you should at least feel a rise in libido next week

noarch
07-18-2014, 03:47 AM
It's all definitely an interesting experiment for me...you research as much as you want but you really don't get it until you start to feel some of it yourself.

kubes
07-18-2014, 03:48 AM
It's all definitely an interesting experiment for me...you research as much as you want but you really don't get it until you start to feel some of it yourself.

Yes I am one of the luckier ones. I can feel the rise in mood and energy within 30 minutes of pining my test and feel it start to drop off after a day or so

noarch
07-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Haha. I'm not too worried about the test. I knew that would take a few weeks.

kubes
07-18-2014, 03:53 AM
How much Tbol are you running?

noarch
07-18-2014, 03:54 AM
50 a day. 20 morning and 30 before the gym. Might go down to 40 and spread it out a little more...

kubes
07-18-2014, 03:55 AM
50 a day. 20 morning and 30 before the gym. Might go down to 40 and spread it out a little more...

I had a friend doing 40 Ed and had to drop the dose to 20 because he didn't like the sides. He has high bp though anyway

noarch
07-18-2014, 03:57 AM
Hmmm yeah. Wasn't expecting it really....maybe a good idea to slow my roll a little in that department. That said though, I overthink things and was pretty excited / nervous to start, so I might be a little hyper vigilant as well.

Mz1220
07-18-2014, 04:25 AM

I'm a mess. Lol.
Test and others raise my blood pressure pretty high. From what I've heard from other people it's pretty normal. I'm 38 I try to keep an eye on mine if it gets too high I cut my dose down so far that lowers my blood pressure. I take it as a sign that my gear is good if my bp goes up

noarch
07-18-2014, 04:43 AM
Yeah Mz1220...def think all of this is at least telling me I've got good stuff! Do you do anything else for your bp? Heard all sorts of remedies, aspirin, taurine, vinegar, hawthorn.....guess some of that couldn't hurt.

Mz1220
07-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Yeah Mz1220...def think all of this is at least telling me I've got good stuff! Do you do anything else for your bp? Heard all sorts of remedies, aspirin, taurine, vinegar, hawthorn.....guess some of that couldn't hurt.
Watch the diet keep the sodium down. I take the low dose aspirin once a day. Try to lower the stress in my life

noarch
07-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Up 2.4 lbs since a week ago today!

kubes
07-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Up 2.4 lbs since a week ago today!

Awesome brother!

noarch
07-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Shifted the tbol schedule to 10mg, 5 times a day, instead of 20-30 twice a day. Added in one low dose aspirin. Feel 100x better.

Did arms last Sunday on the first day of my cycle....arm day comes back around today, so I'm curious to see if there's any noticeable strength gain on my first week.

noarch
07-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Pin #3 is in! This is the first one I did 100% solo. I think I messed up a little bit -- I think I let the barrel pull back part of the way instead of pushing the plunger in, so I'm not sure I went as deep as I'm supposed to. But, there was no oily spot on my butt or on the floor, so I guess it's in there!

This is the end of my first week....it looks like I'm over the rocky patch of not feeling great, and things are taking a turn. Yesterday was my first repeat workout (arms) and strength was up on most of my lifts. And besides that, I had that big ropy vein show up on my bicep while I was doing reverse curls.

I'm taking measurements and pics once a week, and all the measurements are up a hair...might be margin of error though, so it will take another week or two to confirm that trend. And I need to get that waist measurement to go in the other direction. Overall, my weight's up a few pounds, my focus in the gym is kinda insane, feeling pumped.

I think I'm officially a gear-head!

Quads and abs today....

kubes
07-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Nice brother.... The test is starting to kick in :)

kubes
07-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Chest day brothers

Bench 6x8-12 reps
incline hammer strength bench 6-10
flat free weight fly's 5x10 right into dumbbell presses 5x10 each working set
Cable crossovers 5x15

35 minutes cardio and done now just have to eat all say ;)

noarch
07-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Flies into presses....I like it. Gonna give that a shot on my next chest workout.

kubes
07-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Flies into presses....I like it. Gonna give that a shot on my next chest workout.

My chest is so sore it's been having spasms of and on... It's sore already

noarch
07-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Those burnouts get a lot of blood pumping.

kubes
07-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Those burnouts get a lot of blood pumping.

Your telling me brother. The heavy bench to start out really tears muscle tissue. My son training with me and another friend make spotting much easier so we can go extremely heavy without risking getting hurt

noarch
07-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Nice. Are you lowering your rest periods for the lighter, longer sets?

kubes
07-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Nice. Are you lowering your rest periods for the lighter, longer sets?

I wait about 2 minutes between heavy sets. With a three person rotation there isn't much waiting. When it's your turn usually enough time has passed. At the end of the workout doing the cable crossovers to burnout there is not much rest between sets. Maybe 45-60 seconds at the end

noarch
07-20-2014, 06:38 PM
I work out solo but use my watch. Heavy sets are 2:30 to 3:00....45 seconds for those long light sets at the end. Can be murder on some of them...Lol.

kubes
07-20-2014, 06:41 PM
I work out solo but use my watch. Heavy sets are 2:30 to 3:00....45 seconds for those long light sets at the end. Can be murder on some of them...Lol.

Nice brother.... I like training solo but now that my son is training with me that just isn't happening anymore ;)

noarch
07-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Cool that y'all are doing that together. No kids here, but I would have killed my dad if we ever did anything together when I was younger! Lol

kubes
07-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Cool that y'all are doing that together. No kids here, but I would have killed my dad if we ever did anything together when I was younger! Lol

Yeah it's good for him. I just have to slow him down and let him know it's not a 100 meter dash it's a marathon! He is making solid gains though and he is getting lots of compliments about how shredded he looks

noarch
07-21-2014, 06:57 PM
176.2 on the scale this morning. That's up about 6.5 lbs. in 10 days!

178 is the biggest I've ever been....never even seen 180 on the scale. Maybe soon!

kubes
07-21-2014, 07:18 PM
176.2 on the scale this morning. That's up about 6.5 lbs. in 10 days!

178 is the biggest I've ever been....never even seen 180 on the scale. Maybe soon!

Nice work brother!

noarch
07-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks Kubes! It seemed like a mistake on the scale this morning. Lol. I weigh in every M-F so will be interesting to watch it this week and see if it was just an anomaly. I was hoping for 1/2 lb since Friday, and ended up with 4!!

kubes
07-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Are you weighing on each day or just Monday and Friday?

noarch
07-21-2014, 08:09 PM
I do every day Monday through Friday. Same time and conditions each day. I know it's overkill, but I feel better seeing small day to day changes in either direction rather than having a long lag between weigh-ins and getting my hopes up.

kubes
07-21-2014, 08:12 PM
I do every day Monday through Friday. Same time and conditions each day. I know it's overkill, but I feel better seeing small day to day changes in either direction rather than having a long lag between weigh-ins and getting my hopes up.

I weigh in once ew first thing in the am after emptying my bladder

noarch
07-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah...that's the "smarter" approach. But I've found that waiting a week between weigh-ins in the past sets me up for feeling disappointed if the progress I'm hoping for isn't there. The everyday approach can be frustrating for some, I'm sure, but for me the smaller daily changes level out the anticipation when you're looking for a particular number. I've learned a big part of all this stuff is the psychology of keeping yourself motivated.

kubes
07-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Correct really the weight on the scale doesn't matter. Judge your gains by how you look in the mirror and how your clothes fit. The weight is just a bonus if you are going in the right direction which I am sure you are :)

cowboy up
07-22-2014, 08:12 PM
^^^ I agree there! I know it's working once my XL Affliction shirts start looking like smalls! Lol

cowboy up
07-22-2014, 08:14 PM
I weigh in once ew first thing in the am after emptying my bladder

I do the same that way it stays fairly consistant

noarch
07-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Haha....trying to move up from M to L in the shirt size here! but thanks for rubbing it in. ;-P

I'm terrible at looking at my appearance objectively, so it's nice to see the scale and the measurements moving!

cowboy up
07-22-2014, 09:25 PM
You'll get there... 1st cycle can be biggest gains especially where you really did it right and were pretty thorough on diet, training and gear advice. Couple more weeks and the test will really start kicking.

noarch
07-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Can't fuckin' wait man. It's funny...going into this I was hoping to end up around 185, and then I MIGHT start thinking about a second cycle and maybe end up aroudn 195-200 long term. Now that I've started, and it feels good...I'm thinking maybe my goal ought to be 250 or so. LOL.

kubes
07-22-2014, 09:30 PM
You will get there brother. Your running a marathon remember it's not a 100 meter

noarch
07-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Haha I know Kubes. Now that I got over that hump a few days ago where everything was feeling slow and lethargic....I had no idea how much fun it was gonna be when things start feeling good!

kubes
07-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Haha I know Kubes. Now that I got over that hump a few days ago where everything was feeling slow and lethargic....I had no idea how much fun it was gonna be when things start feeling good!

Your just getting started brother. ;)

cowboy up
07-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Once you get started it's hard to turn back! Lol

noarch
07-23-2014, 02:11 AM
Bring it on!

noarch
07-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Pin #4. Like a Boss.

Rest day today, though....wish I could be in there training but I know it's a bad idea so trying to enjoy the day off!

kubes
07-24-2014, 01:12 AM
Enjoy the rest brother! Today is my rest day too

noarch
07-24-2014, 01:13 AM
Trying to sit here on the couch and grow! ;-p

kubes
07-24-2014, 01:16 AM
As long as you are eating then your growing bro ;)

noarch
07-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Weighed in at 177 this morning. Sunday will be my two-week mark, and I'm up a total of 7.5 lbs so far! Pretty stoked. I've never crossed over 180, and I feel like that's a big milestone for me, and it's within sight! I was hoping to settle in at 185 after PCT, so I think I'm on track to get far enough past 185 while I'm on, to be able to settle back right where I wanna be when I'm done. I'm growing faster than I thought I would this first two weeks though...I'm assuming I shouldn't expect this rate of growth for the next 10 weeks, though, right?? It's bound to slow down....

Since I'm new to this, i'm also wondering....I know that enanthate isn't supposed to "kick in" until week 4 or so. So does that mean that the gains I've made so far are due to the T-bol alone? Or would I have gained this without the T-bol kickstart anyway?? Am I gonna "feel" the test kick in, or should I expect a slump when I come off the T-bol??

Just thinking out loud and wondering what to expect. This has been fun so far. And I think I'm turning into one of those sick f*cks who looks forward to the pin!

kubes
07-25-2014, 06:49 PM
It's not so much that he test kicks in. That's when blood levels get more stable. Your gains are from both the compounds. Keep your nutrition right and training on spot with good rest. You will continue to make great gains

noarch
07-25-2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks for all your advice and support thru this Kubes....big help.

noarch
07-28-2014, 05:06 PM
So I'm at the two-week mark. Been having fun. Re-assessed my gear "stash" and I bought a bunch of T-bol -- more than I'll use. I've been at 50mg/day for this first two weeks. Had planned on running it for four weeks, and I've got enough to raise the dose. Wondering if I should experiment with a higher dose of the T-bol for the next two weeks....or run it longer than the four weeks I'd planned on it.

Just thinking out loud.

kubes
07-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Keep an eye on you bp

noarch
07-29-2014, 02:03 AM
Chest and calves today. Got an unexpected pump in my triceps....by the time I got to flyes they were almost hurting.

kubes
07-29-2014, 03:31 AM
Chest and calves today. Got an unexpected pump in my triceps....by the time I got to flyes they were almost hurting.

Are you staying hydrated?

noarch
07-29-2014, 03:34 AM
Mostly. Might have been a little dehydrated today....got off track a bit over the weekend with diet etc so might not be back to normal.

That said, though, I was feeling like a monster in the gym today!

kubes
07-29-2014, 03:35 AM
Do you take a water bottle to the gym?

noarch
07-29-2014, 03:37 AM
Yeah. I'm sipping on water throughout. I didn't cramp, just felt more pumped than I ever have. And it was in a secondary muscle group that I wasn't training directly.

kubes
07-29-2014, 03:38 AM
Yeah. I'm sipping on water throughout. I didn't cramp, just felt more pumped than I ever have. And it was in a secondary muscle group that I wasn't training directly.

Ok then that's a good thing right?

noarch
07-29-2014, 03:39 AM
It hurt some...but it was kinda cool. I felt like hulking out and ripping my shirt off. Lol

kubes
07-29-2014, 03:40 AM
It hurt some...but it was kinda cool. I felt like hulking out and ripping my short off. Lol

Lol that's when you strip down to your tank top

noarch
07-29-2014, 03:42 AM
Lol that's when you strip down to your tank top

Haha I always wondered why the big guys at the gym always wear so many layers. LOL

noarch
07-29-2014, 02:20 PM

kubes
07-29-2014, 02:26 PM

Good job brother

noarch
07-30-2014, 04:02 AM
Back and traps today....awesome back workout. Have always had a hard time "feeling" my back work, but this extra pump I'm getting is making me really feel what's going on back there. feels good.

Terrible trap workout though. Experimenting and still don't have a feel for those. There's always next time....

Day off tomorrow!

kubes
07-30-2014, 11:59 AM
What lifts are you doing for traps?

noarch
07-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Experimenting with all sorts of shrugs. Barbell, dumbbell, cable, behind the back etc....always feel it up under my ears instead of down on top of my shoulder girdle. And fail sooner than I should, or pinch a nerve in my neck. I think my shoulders are too far forward maybe.

noarch
07-30-2014, 02:23 PM
180 on the scale this morning though!!

kubes
07-30-2014, 02:25 PM
One thing I have noticed with shrugs is the amount of weight doesn't really matter it's the quality of the lift. Hold each lift at the top of the contraction for 2-3 seconds and see how that feels. You won't be able to lift as heavy or do near the amount of reps but who cares as long as they grow

noarch
07-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Shrugs are one of those ego lifts...everyone always pulls a ton of weight on them....but it also seems like one where it's really easy to break form on.

Next time I'll drop the weight way back down and see if I can engage my traps more.

You wanna keep your shoulders back and pull up behind your ears, right...instead of pulling up under your ears. (Don't know if that makes sense)

kubes
07-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Yes sir straight up and hold the lift. I like using dumbbells myself and honestly never really need to go heavier than the 50 lb dumbbells.

noarch
07-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Ok that makes me feel better! Lol. I always see guys shrugging 100lb dumbbells or several plates on the bar....makes me feel skinny. Lol

kubes
07-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Ok that makes me feel better! Lol. I always see guys shrugging 100lb dumbbells or several plates on the bar....makes me feel skinny. Lol

Yeah I just don't think you need to. Your muscles do not know how much weight you are moving. You just need to tear the muscle fiber

noarch
07-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Will take your advice for the next trap workout and see if I can blow them up.

rocky83
07-30-2014, 07:07 PM
I use the standing calf raise machine for shrugs!!! Works out great for me. Excellent shrug workout without having to rely on my arms for grip.

animal87
07-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Every once in a while I'll do shrugs with a reverse grips behind your back after doing them the regular front way. you cant do very much weight but its a good finisher after regular shrugs your traps will be burning.

noarch
07-31-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks animal87....have tried that. I kinda like those with a low pully cable....gotta lean forward and get my butt out if the way tho!

noarch
07-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Puffy sensitive nipples!! Ack!! I guess .25 eod on the adex isn't enough.....(it's slight, noticed it toweling off after a shower this morning....but it definitely wasn't there yesterday)

kubes
07-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Bump up the AI a little

noarch
07-31-2014, 04:51 PM
.5 eod instead of .25? or .25 everyday? Or same difference??

noarch
07-31-2014, 04:53 PM
Meanwhile......people are noticing my new size! I hadn't planned out what to tell people! LOL

kubes
07-31-2014, 06:55 PM
.5 eod instead of .25? or .25 everyday? Or same difference??

I would stay on the side of caution and go .5 every 3rd day

kubes
07-31-2014, 06:55 PM
Meanwhile......people are noticing my new size! I hadn't planned out what to tell people! LOL

Just tell them its your eating and training :)

Mz1220
07-31-2014, 07:09 PM
My first cycle I put on somewhere around 25lbs in about 10 weeks and I got a lot of shit from people saying I was on steroids I didn't even say anything to them bout it. It was very incomfortable for me to say the least it was people at my work. I got Pissed off cuz they were really fucking with me about it. They must of seen that it bothered me. So just keep your cool and tell them you changed up you diet and increased your training. Trust me outsiders have a real negative outlook on aas and in my experience people really seem to hate it when someone starts to succeed or look good or improve themselves. That being said be ready for the haters don't let them see you sweat. Wish I was prepared for them when they came at me. Sorry got off track here

noarch
07-31-2014, 07:27 PM
I would stay on the side of caution and go .5 every 3rd day

Thanks buddy.

noarch
07-31-2014, 07:29 PM
My first cycle I put on somewhere around 25lbs in about 10 weeks and I got a lot of shit from people saying I was on steroids I didn't even say anything to them bout it. It was very incomfortable for me to say the least it was people at my work. I got Pissed off cuz they were really fucking with me about it. They must of seen that it bothered me. So just keep your cool and tell them you changed up you diet and increased your training. Trust me outsiders have a real negative outlook on aas and in my experience people really seem to hate it when someone starts to succeed or look good or improve themselves. That being said be ready for the haters don't let them see you sweat. Wish I was prepared for them when they came at me. Sorry got off track here

No accusations yet...but lots of "hey you're looking......uh, bigger). Lol. Not telling anybody why....but honestly, I'm loving it.

Mz1220
08-03-2014, 09:53 PM
How's the cycle going Noarch?

noarch
08-04-2014, 05:51 AM
How's the cycle going Noarch?

Hey Mz....so far so good. I've been out of town the last couple of days, so I'm a little off kilter. Staying in track with my orals, bit off schedule on the oil...looking forward to getting back on track. Working out in unfamiliar gyms, not having a kitchen.....not easy, so I'm hoping I didn't lose too much over the last couple of days!

Experimenting with my adex a bit....nipples aren't exactly where I want them to be right now either! Lol. Just need to get back home (tomorrow) and settle back into a routine!

noarch
08-04-2014, 06:17 AM

Quick gym selfie. Definitely think I'm starting to look like I'm "on."

kubes
08-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Looking good brother

Mz1220
08-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Yep looking good

noarch
08-04-2014, 03:31 PM
60 more pounds to go! Lol

noarch
08-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Just kidding. (For now....)

noarch
08-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Boring 6 hour drive home....around hour 3, I started getting excited to get back and pin my test. Lol. Is there such a thing as a roid dork?

noarch
08-06-2014, 02:59 AM
Hams and shoulders today. Feeling like my shoulders are blowing up. Deep deep burn.

One of things I'm noticing that I'm surprised by....it's much easier to "isolate" a muscle and not let the wrong muscles take over. I don't know if it's a strength thing, or a focus thing, or what. But since everything started kicking in, I've really felt more in control of every movement. Adding weight, focusing on pulling each rep just right.

Feels awesome to fill up my shirts too. ;-p

kubes
08-06-2014, 03:32 AM
Nice progress are you noticing strength increases?

noarch
08-06-2014, 03:57 AM
Nice progress are you noticing strength increases?

Yeah absolutely. It's not going through the roof, and I'm trying to be mindful if not piling on too much to soon to protects joints.

On most lifts, I've been adding a 2.5 or a 5 on the bar pretty much every week with no problem. Adding a 10 on the heavier stuff like legs.

So far, I'm seeing an increase on every lift, every week. I think some of it is confidence though, if I'm being honest. I'm pushing myself a bit harder because I'm more confident I can do it.

noarch
08-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Hit the scale this morning for the first time since being away for several days. I knew my diet was crap, and my workouts weren't on point while I was gone, so I was convinced I'd lost 2 or 3 pounds.

NOPE! 182.4!!

So that's up 12.5 lbs total in under four weeks. This is nuts.

kubes
08-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Nice work... Keep it up

noarch
08-08-2014, 02:24 AM
Quads and abs today. Was tired and didn't want to go. Took a short nap to try and get some energy, but it didn't work.

Then I got to the gym and everybody else decided to do legs today. Had to wait for everything I wanted to use. Strength was ok, but it was basically a workout full of suck.

One of those days where nothing's going right and everybody else is in your way.

Tomorrow will be better.

kubes
08-08-2014, 03:15 AM
Quads and abs today. Was tired and didn't want to go. Took a short nap to try and get some energy, but it didn't work.

Then I got to the gym and everybody else decided to do legs today. Had to wait for everything I wanted to use. Strength was ok, but it was basically a workout full of suck.

One of those days where nothing's going right and everybody else is in your way.

Tomorrow will be better.

Do you ever have a pre workout drink?

noarch
08-08-2014, 03:19 AM
It was just one of those days. I started fading around 3:00, and by the time I'd gotten to the gym at 5:45 it was "happy hour" and too crowded and I was already pissed.

No pre-workout drink can get rid of the stupid trainers shooting the shit while teaching their clients to do stuff wrong using the equipment I'm waiting to use!

kubes
08-08-2014, 03:25 AM
It was just one of those days. I started fading around 3:00, and by the time I'd gotten to the gym at 5:45 it was "happy hour" and too crowded and I was already pissed.

No pre-workout drink can get rid of the stupid trainers shooting the shit while teaching their clients to do stuff wrong using the equipment I'm waiting to use!

Gotcha that is exactly why I like going to large gyms with a lot of equipment. When people get in the way like that I just make them uncomfortable. I walk right up to them and say "you don't mind if I work in right?" It usually makes them uncomfortable enough that they move on

noarch
08-08-2014, 03:28 AM
Yeah I'm too nice. I always ask. Need to learn to be more intimidating. Lol.

kubes
08-08-2014, 03:29 AM
Yeah I'm too nice. I always ask. Need to learn to be more intimidating. Lol.

Lol..... I get it its not easy but I mean really hogging the equipment to just bs. That's not ok

noarch
08-08-2014, 03:32 AM
I was good at it when I lived back east and everyone kinda expected you to work in. It's weird here....I actually had someone tell me no once. I would have clocked him but I was so stunned that he actually said no! Lol

kubes
08-08-2014, 03:35 AM
I was good at it when I lived back east and everyone kinda expected you to work in. It's weird here....I actually had someone tell me no once. I would have clocked him but I was so stunned that he actually said no! Lol

Wow I can't believe they said no! That's terrible

noarch
08-08-2014, 03:36 AM
Worst part? It was on a machine with a weight stack that you select with a pin.

It's not like i was asking to deadlift where he was squatting.

noarch
08-08-2014, 03:37 AM
I live in a weird place tho! Nothing surprises me here anymore.

kubes
08-08-2014, 03:38 AM
You must not have very many gyms around?

noarch
08-08-2014, 03:42 AM
I like my gym. I was just there at the wrong time.

noarch
08-08-2014, 03:42 AM
Plenty of gyms, but they're all crowded....and at least mine has good weights

kubes
08-08-2014, 03:43 AM
I like my gym. I was just there at the wrong time.

Sometimes that happens brother and you just have to be creative and come up with something different. Sometimes it works out good just to change things up a little :)

noarch
08-08-2014, 03:45 AM
Yup. Just one of those days. Everybody was in my way, and I wasn't feeling very accommodating. Lol. Good news was my quads and glutes felt nice and pumped when all was said and done.

kubes
08-08-2014, 03:49 AM
If they got a pump then you did enough. Some sessions are better then others but at least you got the work done brother!

noarch
08-08-2014, 07:28 PM
The sun's out, it's Friday, I'm taking off work early, and I've got chest day lined up!

kubes
08-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Awesome brother it's sunny here too. Have a great work out!

noarch
08-10-2014, 05:28 PM
4 WEEKS!

OK brothers, today is officially the end of week #4 on my 12 week cycle. So I thought I'd update progress, and make a couple of notes on how I've been feeling and what's coming up next. Today is the last day of my 4 week T-bol kickstart. So it's Test only for the next 8 weeks. A little nervous about dropping the T-bol, and hoping I don't get hit with any sort of lag. I'm assuming I just drop it out, no need to taper it back or anything like that. I've been running 50mg spread throughout the day, so I gotta say I'll be glad to not be taking all those pills!

Side effects have been few and far between so far. Slightly oily skin (in the same places I used to get zits as a kid...lol), but I started using an acne face wash, and I think that will do the trick. No back-ne or zits anywhere else. My nips started feeling sensitive a little over a week ago. Switched my adex from .25 eod to .5 e3d. Can't say they're back to normal, but they're also not getting worse....and there's no real puffiness that's visible or lumpiness underneath, so I'm thinking I'm fine in that department. Otherwise, crazy pumps in the gym, and some uncomfortable ones out of the gym....specifically, my calves and shins when I walk a lot get really pumped up and tired. LOL. And some uncomfortable lower back stuff when I do direct lower back work in the gym. No big deal though, and I'm thinking that might go away as I drop the Tbol.

The biggest side effect has been libido though. It dropped off fast as soon as I started my first week, and I can't say that it's recovered. I was expecting non-stop boners based on what everybody says, and that just hasn't been the case. I was definitely hornier before starting than I have been since. Not sure what to make of that. Maybe I just don't respond in that way.

Thinking about changing up my workouts in the next week or two and upping some volume. I've been doing a few 5x5 schemes on some of my primary lifts (bench, leg press, etc) but I'm thinking about getting everything up into the 10-12 range to see if there's a noticeable difference. I'm still making progress with strength gains, though, so I havent' decided whether I should make a change yet or not.

Now for the good stuff...I've been doing weigh-ins and measurements every Sunday morning, so these are from 7/13 - 8/10

Weight: 169.6 ---> 183.4
Bodyfat: 16.3 ---> 14.9
Chest: 40.3 ---> 41.8
Biceps: 14.8 ---> 15.8
Waist: 33.5 ---> 33.7 :-/
Quads: 22.0 ---> 23.3
Calves: 14.2 ---> 14.7
Forearms: 11.0 ---> 11.5

All of that is MUCH more than I'd hoped for at this point....hoping to keep it up for the next 8 weeks, but I imagine the gains will slow down a bit. Goal weight for this cycle after PCT is 185, so I think I'm on target. I want that waist measurement to come down though!

Thanks to everybody who's chimed in, and especially to Kubes for keeping up with me through all this. BOP is a great resource and I don't think I'd be making this progress without you guys.

8 more weeks to go!

noarch
08-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Gonna try to upload some before pics and current pics...I'm a looooong way from where I want to be though, so kinda nervous posting these...

noarch
08-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Front relaxed.

noarch
08-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Front flexed.

noarch
08-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Back Flexed

kubes
08-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Looking good friend

noarch
08-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Just trying to catch up to you, Kubes. ;-)

noarch
08-11-2014, 07:56 PM
184.4. Come on, 185!!

kubes
08-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Keep eating and you will be there before you know it

noarch
08-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Hoping for this week! Not eating dirty, but not 100% clean either. Wondering if I need to start thinking about upping my calories to keep up with my weight gain.

Not thinking too much at this point about specifics...just thinking out loud.

kubes
08-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Have you posted up your nutrition plan yet?

noarch
08-11-2014, 09:05 PM
A while ago....though I haven't been too strict about it

noarch
08-11-2014, 09:06 PM
And I was 170 then....now almost 185! Probably time to reevaluate macros and cals

kubes
08-11-2014, 09:28 PM
You have made great gains brother! Almost 15 lbs is a huge accomplishment

noarch
08-11-2014, 09:38 PM
and that's only 4 weeks of a 12 week cycle! ;-P

kubes
08-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Your in for a great ride ;)

noarch
08-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Just gotta make sure it's quality. It's hard to look at myself objectively and evaluate where I am vs. where I want to be. At this point, I think I just need to focus on lean body mass, and worry about the shape of everything in subsequent cycles. Not that I want to be on a "dirty bulk" or anything....but I'm so far from where I want to be.......lol.

noarch
08-11-2014, 10:05 PM
I posted up those pics this weekend, and kinda regret it. I FEEL a lot different than I LOOK. lol. Such a long way to go.

noarch
08-13-2014, 12:08 AM
186.0 (+ 16.4 lbs in 30 days).

kubes
08-13-2014, 12:24 AM
186.0 (+ 16.4 lbs in 30 days).

Nice brother! Nice to see more gains

animal87
08-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Thats alot man, thats really good. Keep eating big and training hard, your first cycle you will probably gain more than any other.

noarch
08-13-2014, 02:24 AM
Just wrapped up arm day and they feel like they're gonna explode. Finishing up this week, then reevaluating training and diet. Might be time to switch up the training and add a few calories to keep the gains coming.

Had no idea if gain this much this fast, especially at 40 yo.

Researching the bloodwork I need. Libido and possible estrogen issues are the only thing bringing me down.

kubes
08-13-2014, 03:03 AM
Just wrapped up arm day and they feel like they're gonna explode. Finishing up this week, then reevaluating training and diet. Might be time to switch up the training and add a few calories to keep the gains coming.

Had no idea if gain this much this fast, especially at 40 yo.

Researching the bloodwork I need. Libido and possible estrogen issues are the only thing bringing me down.

Getting the lab work done will be key to dosing things correctly

noarch
08-14-2014, 02:13 AM
Postponing tonight's enanthate pin so i can get my lab work tomorrow morning. Will pin that test off schedule after the blood draw tomorrow morning.

Last meal before fasting. Sigh...

kubes
08-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Yeah I hate fasting but it will be all over soon and you will have peace of mind :)

noarch
08-14-2014, 02:42 AM
Just finished a quad and ab workout. Lifting significantly heavier than I ever have before, and still adding weight. So at least something's going right.

Feel like I'm half-assing it with the abs though. Need to sort that out.

And had my first gym acquaintance (the kind if person you don't know but say hello to because you see them everyday) comment on my gains. So people are starting to notice.

kubes
08-14-2014, 02:56 AM
I don't ever work abs iso. For me it's all done in the kitchen

noarch
08-14-2014, 03:12 AM
I always hear about guys not working abs directly....I've got a long way to go in the kitchen for sure. But I wanna make sure there's something under there to uncover when I decide to uncover it!

Conceptually, though, abs have always been hard to figure out for me.

kubes
08-14-2014, 03:14 AM
Bro there under there. You just have to get your abs lean enough to see them

noarch
08-14-2014, 03:16 AM
Yeah I know that....but don't they need a little size to get the deep divisions in there? Nothing worse than those marathon runner abs that are super flat.

kubes
08-14-2014, 03:18 AM
Yeah I know that....but don't they need a little size to get the deep divisions in there? Nothing worse than those marathon runner abs that are super flat.

Sure if you want bigger muscle definition it's not going to do any harm working them. I just put the time in on the treadmill right after training to try to keep the fat down

noarch
08-14-2014, 03:20 AM
Academic at this point anyway. Lol. I've got a long way to go before I need to worry about detail!

noarch
08-14-2014, 03:21 AM
Get my size up on this cycle, and then I can start thinking about uncovering abs and seeing what's under there next year! Lol

noarch
08-15-2014, 02:22 PM
181.0 this morning. :-(

Came off the tbol Sunday and have been steadily losing weight all week. Hmmmmmmm

noarch
08-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Labs just came back, and estrogen is high as I thought.....

noarch
08-15-2014, 07:20 PM
In other news, my cholesterol is waaay off base from where it was when i had it checked last fall. :-/

And my liver is out of whack too....that should correct itself, though, now that i'm off the oral i think...

kubes
08-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Orals are really hard on the lipids. Yes they will get better. Now that you have discontinued the compounds. Nutrition plays a big role in the cholesterol as well

noarch
08-15-2014, 07:58 PM
My total chilesterol number is up but not too much. The big change is that I used to have high hdl and low LDL....now that's reversed. As you say though...I think that will resolve itself to some extent.

kubes
08-15-2014, 08:31 PM
I honk so. Are you going to bump the AI up?

noarch
08-15-2014, 08:36 PM
I think I should. Though I'm still researching the best course. Reading a bit about Proviron. And a buddy if mine swears by letro though I don't know that I want to go down that road.

kubes
08-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Letro is strong. You just have to be careful as it can crush your estrogen level to low if you do to much

noarch
08-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah that's why I want to stay away from it. Seems the best course is to bump up the arimidex and see if that does the trick.

7 weeks left on this cycle, and would like to enjoy it.

kubes
08-15-2014, 10:40 PM
I think that's your best bet brother

noarch
08-16-2014, 02:04 AM
I think that's your best bet brother

We shall see. Amazing how much there is to learn about all this.

noarch
08-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Finished up a good back workout. Trying to "feel" my lats more...been using too much bicep, teres, rear delt etc lately and not getting any thickness or pump in my lats. Switched up all my exercises, increased the volume a bit, lowered the weight, and bingo. Lats are burning.

kubes
08-16-2014, 02:28 AM
Squeeze at the end of the contraction for a second or 2 on every rep. Your last will be on fire!

noarch
08-16-2014, 02:57 AM
That only works if you're sure your contracting them in the first place!

I was working today on initiating each rep with my lats....once I figured out how to do that, then I was feeling them contract through the whole range.

kubes
08-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Lol.... Very nice bro

noarch
08-17-2014, 08:54 PM
New back workout from Friday:

Dumbbell rows, 4x10
Cable rows (med/wide overhand grip), 4x10
Close grip pulldown (palms facing each other), 4x10
Wide grip pull down, 4x10
Cable pullover with rope, 3x15
Hyperextensions w/ dumbbell, 4x10
Seated DB shrugs, 4x10 w/ 2 second squeeze at the top
Incline shrugs (face down on an steep incline bench), 3x15

Felt really good...gonna run this for a few weeks and see if I can get my lats to fill in a little better.

kubes
08-17-2014, 10:18 PM
That's a good looking training session brother!

noarch
08-17-2014, 10:40 PM
That's a good looking training session brother!

Inspired by your log, bro.

noarch
08-18-2014, 12:00 AM
New shoulder and calf workout...

Cable face pull, 4x10
Dumbbell rear delt fly on incline bench, 4x10
Seated db lateral raise, 4x10
Cable upright row, 4x10
Seated db front raise, 4x10

Experimenting with hitting my delts without any pressing movements....prioritizing rear delts.

Then,

Hammer strength calf press, 4x10
Seated calf press, 4x10
Donkey calf press, 10 drop sets in 20 lb increments, no rest, 10 reps or failure on each set.

Calves haven't been growing as much as everything else...so I thought I'd blast them and wake them up. Have a feeling I'm gonna regret that drop set tomorrow.

noarch
08-19-2014, 02:03 AM
New arm workout:

EZ bar curl, 4x10
OH dumbbell press, 4x10
Db preacher curl, 4x10
Db skull crushers, 4x10
Incline db curl, 4x10
Rope push down, 4x10
EZ reverse curl, 3x15
BB forearm curl, 3x15

Nice and pumped up.

kubes
08-19-2014, 03:10 AM
Looks like a solid training session. Do you do any cardio?

noarch
08-19-2014, 03:13 AM
I do a half hour on the elliptical every weekday morning first thing.

kubes
08-19-2014, 03:15 AM
I do a half hour on the elliptical every weekday morning first thing.

Ok that's perfect for fat loss

animal87
08-19-2014, 03:15 AM
One thing I tried recently that worked for me on delts was exhausting my traps first, because they help out your delts on side delt exercises mostly, but some on rear delts too.

My calves are my worst weak point, I got horrible calf genetics. They cramp up on me easy I cant hit them as hard as you did. thats a good job bro.

noarch
08-19-2014, 03:41 AM
One thing I tried recently that worked for me on delts was exhausting my traps first, because they help out your delts on side delt exercises mostly, but some on rear delts too.

My calves are my worst weak point, I got horrible calf genetics. They cramp up on me easy I cant hit them as hard as you did. thats a good job bro.

I've been doing traps on back day...you like it better on shoulder day, huh? I like the idea of exhausting those first. Especially since I do upright rows, which I always feel in my traps.

As for calves, mine used to cramp really bad too. Moving them off of my leg day seems to have helped a lot. If I do hamstrings on the same day as calves, they always cramp up. This is the first time I've experimented with drop sets though....not sure how often I wanna do that, but I want them to grow.

kubes
08-19-2014, 03:41 AM
I do traps with my shoulders too brother

noarch
08-19-2014, 03:46 AM
I do traps with my shoulders too brother

Cool....gonna experiment a little with it. Seems to make more sense.