PDA

View Full Version : Football Season can't come soon enough... Who is your squad??

Nytebane
07-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Can't wait for football to start... My team is the Philadelphia Eagles hehe... Who is your squad?!? Also, who is your favorite player if you have one or even a few. Mines obviously Brian Dawkins (Weapon-X / Wolverine) and it's not because he played for the Eagles but mostly because of his ferocity and emotion. The dude is a general and gets me motivated for the gym....

http://youtu.be/qe5B8W8ZyR4

BigD
07-15-2014, 10:53 AM
For College Football I am a HUGE TENNESSEE FAN

kubes
07-15-2014, 11:57 AM
For College Football I am a HUGE TENNESSEE FAN

Oregon brother

cowboy up
07-15-2014, 01:11 PM
SEC strong for college!!! Go Gators!

Rooroo
07-15-2014, 02:11 PM
SEC strong for college!!! Go Gators!

Yuck!!! lol ! Go Canes!!!!!

It's all about the []_[] !

cowboy up
07-15-2014, 02:15 PM
^^^You must be a die hard!!! LOL

Hasn't been much at the "U" besides illegal charges in awhile! JK!

kubes
07-15-2014, 02:22 PM

We are pretty for hard fans around here.

bigsam
07-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Texans fan!

PAiN
07-15-2014, 03:07 PM
http://nflwallpapers10.net/wp-content/uploads/images/11/new-orleans-saints-wallpaper.jpg

toppjimie
07-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Johnny Football and My Cleveland Browns.Look Out BOP,My Browns are going to make some Noise This Year.

noarch
07-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Niners!

kubes
07-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Niners!

I like SF too but I just do not know if we have the right qb

noarch
07-15-2014, 05:02 PM
I like SF too but I just do not know if we have the right qb

He just needs to settle down and let some of the hype die away. He's a flashy player though with the read option, so he may always be a little streaky. It's the defense that needs to keep things under control.

kubes
07-15-2014, 05:54 PM
He just needs to settle down and let some of the hype die away. He's a flashy player though with the read option, so he may always be a little streaky. It's the defense that needs to keep things under control.

I think he needs to get better touch. Putting the football out there were his receivers can make a play away from the defender as appose to trying to force the ball into tight areas depending on his speed and arm strength to get it in there.

noarch
07-15-2014, 05:55 PM
I think he needs to get better touch. Putting the football out there were his receivers can make a play away from the defender as appose to trying to force the ball into tight areas depending on his speed and arm strength to get it in there.

Haha well then you just want a different quarterback altogether! I don't think that's really his skill set!

wook
07-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Broncos! Even though they break my heart!

kubes
07-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Broncos! Even though they break my heart!

I was really hoping manning would get another ring last year! As a niner fan I just cannot like Seattle. Broncos have made some good additions to the team. They should have another solid year

studmuffin
07-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Cowboys!

Mz1220
07-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Love my Steelers I bleed Black n Gold

Nytebane
07-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Cowboys!

Boooooooo!! Hehehe

Rooroo
07-17-2014, 01:50 AM

I am :(

Lol!!

bionic redneck
07-17-2014, 02:02 AM
pro: dallas and houston

college: texas a&m and LSU

08gsxr
07-17-2014, 05:06 AM
College : ROLLLLLL TIDEEEEE BABY

Pro : we know it's about them saints!

rocky83
07-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Pro: It's all about those philadelphia eagles!!
College: Texas A&M and USC!

noarch
07-17-2014, 04:58 PM
College : ROLLLLLL TIDEEEEE BABY

Pro : we know it's about them saints!

Niners all the way...but I used to live in New Orleans so I gotta admit I have a soft spot for those guys. Geaux Saints!

kubes
07-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Pro: It's all about those philadelphia eagles!!
College: Texas A&M and USC!

I like chip Kelly and his recruiting from the PAC 12. Huff I think will be a good receiver for them next season

rocky83
07-17-2014, 05:05 PM
I like chip Kelly and his recruiting from the PAC 12. Huff I think will be a good receiver for them next season

^^^Basically the whole NFL doubted Chip Kelly being able to adjust to coaching in the NFL, but I love the play style. It is a style that takes the players a little to get used to, but it keeps defenses on their toes and puts points on the board. Eagles just need to get their act together with defense and they will be a power house.

Rooroo
07-17-2014, 05:36 PM
^^^Basically the whole NFL doubted Chip Kelly being able to adjust to coaching in the NFL, but I love the play style. It is a style that takes the players a little to get used to, but it keeps defenses on their toes and puts points on the board. Eagles just need to get their act together with defense and they will be a power house.

Only time will tell but I believe C Kelly to be the real deal. There are many things that need work such as playing with a lead but when he figures the league out a little more , I say watch out.

kubes
07-17-2014, 06:00 PM

As long as he puts the effort in to recruiting for defense I think he will build a solid program

Dick
07-17-2014, 06:41 PM
FALCONS!!!!

rmkicks
07-17-2014, 06:44 PM
FALCONS!!!!
I second this!!

studmuffin
07-17-2014, 08:13 PM
College-TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS.That is my hometown and my homies!

cowboy up
07-17-2014, 10:41 PM
As long as he puts the effort in to recruiting for defense I think he will build a solid program

That's the problem between college and pros though... Pro defenses have no want to be on the field for 50 minutes a game not that college guys do either but college you can recruit and guys want as much tv time as possible for the pro scouts to see tape. Their still playing hard to get the payday.

cowboy up
07-17-2014, 10:43 PM
I am :(

Lol!!

Not that the Gators have done much better since super coach left to go to Ohio

cowboy up
07-17-2014, 10:48 PM

I like Kelly too as I prefer to see 50 points scored a game to help out my ffl but college style ball has been proven time and time again that it doesn't work in the NFL. Now instead of dealing with a handful of guys running 4.5's or under you have 300 lb d tackles running 4.4's. It's like taking Oregon's team when he coached vs an SEC all star team every week.

kubes
07-17-2014, 10:57 PM
That's the problem between college and pros though... Pro defenses have no want to be on the field for 50 minutes a game not that college guys do either but college you can recruit and guys want as much tv time as possible for the pro scouts to see tape. Their still playing hard to get the payday.

Depends on the team. SF and Seattle both have super strong defense that wins games for them

cowboy up
07-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Depends on the team. SF and Seattle both have super strong defense that wins games for them

I know defenses can win games but what I was meaning was when an offense scores or goes 3 and out that means defense is on the field longer and most pro d aren't made for 50 min on the field playing time. Both Seattle and SF have balanced offenses to not just a passing attack. We'll see if Philly runs more this year.

rocky83
07-18-2014, 02:26 AM
I know defenses can win games but what I was meaning was when an offense scores or goes 3 and out that means defense is on the field longer and most pro d aren't made for 50 min on the field playing time. Both Seattle and SF have balanced offenses to not just a passing attack. We'll see if Philly runs more this year.

^^^Philly ran a ton last year. Shady McCoy was one of the top rushers in the NFL last year and is considered by many as the best running back in the league as of right now. Chip Kelly runs tons of option running plays. Its not the run game that is holding them back. They can score points either throwing or running the ball. They have game breaking players and wide receivers and running backs that can break for 40 to 60 to 80 yards in a single play at any given time. It's the Eagles defense that needs to dictate the tempo of the game on the other side of the ball. I watched every Eagles game last year and they would be leading going into half time with a 20 to 30 point lead and then just blow it and not score a single point till the last few minutes of the second half. If the Eagles defense comes around I think you will be eating those words of how Chip Kelly's coaching style doesn't work in the pros. It's time for a change!

Rooroo
07-18-2014, 02:39 AM
^^^Philly ran a ton last year. Shady McCoy was one of the top rushers in the NFL last year and is considered by many as the best running back in the league as of right now. Chip Kelly runs tons of option running plays. Its not the run game that is holding them back. They can score points either throwing or running the ball. They have game breaking players and wide receivers and running backs that can break for 40 to 60 to 80 yards in a single play at any given time. It's the Eagles defense that needs to dictate the tempo of the game on the other side of the ball. I watched every Eagles game last year and they would be leading going into half time with a 20 to 30 point lead and then just blow it and not score a single point till the last few minutes of the second half. If the Eagles defense comes around I think you will be eating those words of how Chip Kelly's coaching style doesn't work in the pros. It's time for a change!

I may have missed a game or two on tv but actually got to two games @ the Link and agree with virtually everything Rocky said in the post above. It's not our father's type running game or NFC East hard nose running from yesteryear but the Eagles run the ball and do it pretty well actually . They will run the ball out of any and every formation !

kubes
07-18-2014, 02:55 AM
I may have missed a game or two on tv but actually got to two games @ the Link and agree with virtually everything Rocky said in the post above. It's not our father's type running game or NFC East hard nose running from yesteryear but the Eagles run the ball and do it pretty well actually . They will run the ball out of any and every formation !

You are going to see Huff catch some balls next year. I bet they pass the ball more than you think. They are building a talented young offense.

rocky83
07-18-2014, 03:28 AM

^^^The link is an awesome place to watch a football!!!! I miss being able to go to Eagles games!!! You are lucky brother.

cowboy up
07-18-2014, 11:50 AM
^^^The link is an awesome place to watch a football!!!! I miss being able to go to Eagles games!!! You are lucky brother.

If you are an Eagles fan... probably worst stadium for opposing fans! LOL

kubes
07-18-2014, 11:56 AM
If you are an Eagles fan... probably worst stadium for opposing fans! LOL

Yes them and the raiders

cowboy up
07-18-2014, 11:57 AM

It was a new concept in the NFL last year and kind of worked. Sort of the same way RGIII and Cam Newton had breakout seasons their rookie years. Then defenses had a chance to study. Following season for both players= not so great. Teams will be better prepared now playing against the Eagles both on the D and O side. Especially the NFC East teams that have to play them 2 times a year.

kubes
07-18-2014, 12:14 PM
It was a new concept in the NFL last year and kind of worked. Sort of the same way RGIII and Cam Newton had breakout seasons their rookie years. Then defenses had a chance to study. Following season for both players= not so great. Teams will be better prepared now playing against the Eagles both on the D and O side. Especially the NFC East teams that have to play them 2 times a year.

Same thing happened with Kapernick in SF. He had the one break out year and has struggled since. SF has relied on there defense so far and it's kept them in games but this year if Kapernick doesn't produce then I think it's time to do something different. SF has invested a lot in him so they must be thinking he is it for the long haul

rocky83
07-18-2014, 03:03 PM

^^^RGIII had a shitty sophmore year in the NFL due to injury. I don't think the guy was fully healed mentally or physically after his injury. Cam Newton plays for the panthers bro! They have had a handful of good years and there only hope right now is Cam Newton and if I'm not mistaken Cam had a pretty freakin good year last year right? I gotta back my eagles brother LOL. Don't sleep on the Eagles bro. The city of Philadelphia doesn't except anything, but at least making it to the playoffs year in and year out. The pressure is on no doubt, but the one thing Philadelphia does do with their football team is spend money!

cowboy up
07-18-2014, 03:16 PM
^^^When was the last time the Eagles got a SB ring or were even there representing the NFC? Spending $$$ is good except when you're like Snyder and it doesn't get you anywhere. Just f'n with you Rocky! My 1 goal in life is to get Eagle and Steelers fans blood pressure going during the season bashing on their teams! Lol

Got to love football season!!!

rocky83
07-18-2014, 03:25 PM
^^^When was the last time the Eagles got a SB ring or were even there representing the NFC? Spending $$$ is good except when you're like Snyder and it doesn't get you anywhere. Just f'n with you Rocky! My 1 goal in life is to get Eagle and Steelers fans blood pressure going during the season bashing on their teams! Lol

Got to love football season!!!

^^^LOL no worries brother. A fan has to support their team no matter what. The eagles did win the NFC back when McNabb and Terrell Owens were on the same team, but TO doesn't know how to be a team player or they probably would have maybe won a ring or two. I just enjoy the fact that the Eagles give their fans at least some hope almost every season. That is much better then being let down with a 4-12 record like some teams do year in and year out where there is nothing to cheer for. Spending money can win championships though! The Lakers, Yankees, Heat, and Patriots have all proven that.

cowboy up
07-18-2014, 03:54 PM
I agree on the spending $$$ on players to get that ring but you have to hope those players gel. The Heat did it as of late but a few years back the Lakers failed when bringing in big $$$ players. The players never had chemistry. I think Kraft and the Patriots have a deal with the devil as they are good year in and year out with a bunch of leftovers and Brady. LOL

What's wrong with 4-12? haha The Browns have been there for years and their fans still love em!

BTW- Cowboys fan here... that's why I was giving you so much shit not that we've done anything in a long time! As long as Romo is the QB we'll be doomed!

kubes
07-18-2014, 04:17 PM
I think romo is actually a good qb. So long as jones is calling all the shots I don't see Dallas dong a lot. As far as Tony Romo goes I would take him any day if the week over Kapernick. Just my opinion.... Tony has good touch on the ball and kapernick hasn't learned that part yet

rocky83
07-18-2014, 05:47 PM
I agree on the spending $$$ on players to get that ring but you have to hope those players gel. The Heat did it as of late but a few years back the Lakers failed when bringing in big $$$ players. The players never had chemistry. I think Kraft and the Patriots have a deal with the devil as they are good year in and year out with a bunch of leftovers and Brady. LOL

What's wrong with 4-12? haha The Browns have been there for years and their fans still love em!

BTW- Cowboys fan here... that's why I was giving you so much shit not that we've done anything in a long time! As long as Romo is the QB we'll be doomed!

^^^Cowboys fan explains it all!!! Have watched you guys hand it to us so many years back in the Troy Aikmen, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin days lol. That was a beast of a team. That team had like 8 pro bowlers on it or some shit. I am surprised that the Cowboys cut Demarcus Ware. Dude has done so much for the organization. He is on the older side, but still kinda surprised.

kubes
07-18-2014, 05:49 PM
^^^Cowboys fan explains it all!!! Have watched you guys hand it to us so many years back in the Troy Aikmen, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin days lol. That was a beast of a team. That team had like 8 pro bowlers on it or some shit. I am surprised that the Cowboys cut Demarcus Ware. Dude has done so much for the organization. He is on the older side, but still kinda surprised.

It was all downhill for them after the jimmy Johnson era. Yeah they won a Super Bowl after Johnson with Switzer but that was still the team that jimmy built. As soon as they needed to start replacing player it went downhill

rocky83
07-18-2014, 05:53 PM
It was all downhill for them after the jimmy Johnson era. Yeah they won a Super Bowl after Johnson with Switzer but that was still the team that jimmy built. As soon as they needed to start replacing player it went downhill

^^^Yeah I think Jimmy Johnson was one of the best coaches to ever coach in the NFL.

kubes
07-18-2014, 06:03 PM
^^^Yeah I think Jimmy Johnson was one of the best coaches to ever coach in the NFL.

Yep as a niner fan I hated it. It was the best thing for SF when jones fired him. Had jimmy been in Dallas in 1994 Dallas may have stopped SF from getting that suoerbowl win and Dallas may just have won 4 in a row! That being said Johnson was a great coach and recruiter. Jones just didn't want him to have that much control of the team

cowboy up
07-19-2014, 12:25 AM
Jones like Snyder and other owners in pro sports are what keep their teams back. The problem with Jones is that he played college ball back in the 1800's and still thinks he knows football. I'll get with Jerry Kubes and see if we can work out a deal for a Romo and Kapernick trade. Romo tries to hard to be like Favre but just isn't a clutch guy. Can't handle the pressure. That's the difference in being good and great. Kapernick is still young and has some of those Steve Young intangibles. I still can't believe that Dallas passed up on Johnny Football, I was drooling when it came their time to pick but yet again as most Cowboy fans have come to realize- draft day sucks!

cowboy up
07-19-2014, 12:27 AM

Hated seeing Ware let go but being a Cowboys fan getting use to good players being let go... He was the heart of Dallas D. Now he'll go off in Denver and show Jones what a mistake it was!

kubes
07-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Jones like Snyder and other owners in pro sports are what keep their teams back. The problem with Jones is that he played college ball back in the 1800's and still thinks he knows football. I'll get with Jerry Kubes and see if we can work out a deal for a Romo and Kapernick trade. Romo tries to hard to be like Favre but just isn't a clutch guy. Can't handle the pressure. That's the difference in being good and great. Kapernick is still young and has some of those Steve Young intangibles. I still can't believe that Dallas passed up on Johnny Football, I was drooling when it came their time to pick but yet again as most Cowboy fans have come to realize- draft day sucks!

You don't think kapernick is trying to make big plays? He is constantly forcing the ball in to tight situations. Most of those are becoming interceptions. I hive you that he is young and may get better but if we had romo with the receivers that we have now. There is no doubt in my mind that we would be better than we are right now

swoosegoose
07-19-2014, 01:02 AM
BRONCOS! Can't wait to see how they do this year.

kubes
07-19-2014, 01:05 AM
BRONCOS! Can't wait to see how they do this year.

They have made good improvements to the areas that needed addressed. Should be the strong team out of the afc

KutakRock
07-19-2014, 07:33 AM
Johnny Football and My Cleveland Browns.Look Out BOP,My Browns are going to make some Noise This Year.

I love you to death TJ and your posts and knowledge are great, you are a huge asset to any board or community. But did the Browns really have to reach for another over-hyped QB? Weeden sucks, Brady whats his name from Notre Dame sucked. Richardson was a beast of a running back until the Browns got him and he got fucked up. Averaged less than 3 yards a carry was it and knee problems. They need a line and receivers to take pressure off their QBs and back field. Every team knows blitz the browns! Its not the players fault, the QB needs protection so he can throw and put their RB in motion. Hate to say it but o-line runs the offense. BTW I live in the midwest and went to 2 chiefs v browns games. You browns fans are mean and nasty! They dont give a shit if they win or not, they will mob people in the parking lot!! Hard core bro! Hahaha.

KutakRock
07-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Grew up in the midwest, unfortunately a Chiefs fan, fucking break my heart all the time, especially after PRiest Holmes retired. As much as I hate the broncos you guys got two of the greatest players in the game with Manning and my favorite, Von Miller....that guy is a killer. Thankfully I can trek to Lincoln Nebraska whenever I want, even they have fallen off the atmosphere of that town is fucking amazing. Shit its the midwest, we dont have to win. We drink beer and scream at anything we dont like, when the beer runs low we punch everyone. Happy saturday and sunday in the midwest. Bosses dont actually expect you to be at your desk on monday. Haha, cuz they probably arent there either.

rocky83
07-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Grew up in the midwest, unfortunately a Chiefs fan, fucking break my heart all the time, especially after PRiest Holmes retired. As much as I hate the broncos you guys got two of the greatest players in the game with Manning and my favorite, Von Miller....that guy is a killer. Thankfully I can trek to Lincoln Nebraska whenever I want, even they have fallen off the atmosphere of that town is fucking amazing. Shit its the midwest, we dont have to win. We drink beer and scream at anything we dont like, when the beer runs low we punch everyone. Happy saturday and sunday in the midwest. Bosses dont actually expect you to be at your desk on monday. Haha, cuz they probably arent there either.

^^^Hey the Chiefs picked up Andy Reid. That guys is a winner!!! The Chiefs are looking on the up and up.

Nytebane
07-20-2014, 03:38 AM
I think romo is actually a good qb. So long as jones is calling all the shots I don't see Dallas dong a lot. As far as Tony Romo goes I would take him any day if the week over Kapernick. Just my opinion.... Tony has good touch on the ball and kapernick hasn't learned that part yet

Long LIVE JERRY JONES!!! and Garrett as well LOL... As an Eagles fan... I hope Jerry Jones becomes immortal and runs the cowboys forever lmao!! I blew my load when Garrett one year iced his own kicker and then got iced the following week by the Ravens lmao..

Nytebane
07-20-2014, 03:50 AM
I think the Eagles take the East this year... Not because I'm an Eagles fan but the only team I see keeping up with the Eagles are the G-Strings.. Yeah we lost DJax and he went to the Foreskins but they still have to get him the ball. Their O-Line is still trash also with an ailing defense. RG-Knee seems to be still shell shocked from injury, will he even be the same? The Cowsperm lost their injury prone defensive QB Sean "broken" Lee for the season and Garrett is a bonehead. They still have gaping holes on defense and continue to shoot themselves in the foot. The G-Strings, even though terrible last year always find a way to bounce back. Sh-Eli was terrible but I suspect he may bounce back. Coughlin is a great coach too even though Gnats fans never give him the credit and are always calling for him to be fired. I would have loved to see DJax, Shady and Sproles go to work and think we would have been the fastest team in the NFL but I still think we will do some serious damage with the new rookie WR turning heads in training camp. I see the Eagles taking the East with the G-strings giving us trouble but we all know Football to be very sporadic so who knows?? Every season it's up for grabs which is why I love football over other sports... Never the same teams over and over again.