PDA

View Full Version : Getting bigger delts?

Mz1220
07-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Like to hear what works best for some of the brothers when it comes to building big delts? Does low reps heavy weight work good for you or low weight high reps? Bnp or front press? What has given the best results. Just would like to hear what some opinions are I'm trying to build my delts up bigger have always struggled with really making them stand out

kubes
07-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Side and front lateral raises are what put the size on my delts

animal87
07-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Heavy weight presses for front delts, and light weight rep it out for the side and rear delt.

I cant do this any more bc of an injury but I would do something like this:

Seated Shoulder press Barbell: 3x8 heavy
Front raises: 4x10 moderate
side lat raises: 4x12-15 light
Rear delt flys: 4x12-15 light

Rooroo
07-19-2014, 08:48 PM
This is a genetic weak point for me and what I have done is do lots and lots of side and front raises . Because of old shoulders I mostly stay away from heavy pressing movements.

Tekadori
07-19-2014, 09:27 PM
BNP and Front press is certainly a preference and often depends on how one is built and their flexibility. As far a building boulder shoulders....Heavy Side laterals for me brother along with front raises. I often do my press last. You want to look wide, you need side delts. Your fronts get a hell of a lot of work doing incline chest.

animal87
07-19-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm prob. not the best to take advice from on that. Delts are one of the few things I was blessed with naturally.

Freedom
07-19-2014, 09:53 PM
There are three heads on the deltoid. Normally, the front head is more prominent. Most likely from all the press exercises over time. Focus and isolate the rear head to build it up and capitalize on freedom's optical illusion secret #8 for being the best on stage. :)

Freedom
07-19-2014, 09:54 PM
I'm prob. not the best to take advice from on that. Delts are one of the few things I was blessed with naturally.

I agree. You should consider talking to pain about changing your screen name to Captain Delts

studmuffin
07-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Shoulder shrugs,long bar and dumbbell military and others help build my delts.For me,I cannot do a lot of laterals because of shoulder issues.So my focus is on building delts while working other muscle groups.

cmeliftheavy
07-20-2014, 08:44 PM
I am in agrement with TekaDori, go heavy and focus on side lateral for wide delts.

bigt
07-21-2014, 03:25 AM
Side lateral raises moderate weight. Not heavy. Not light. I use absolutely perfect form and flex em hard and then do drop sets all the way down the rack. Thats the only thing that works for me

Clark Kent
07-21-2014, 03:21 PM
I have had the best growth and development in my delts with Smith machine shoulder presses and reverse grip shoulder presses to start my workout I go heavy for 10 -12 reps and 4-5 sets each then I just blast them with all the other micro shoulder exercises with lighter weight for 4-5 sets 15-20 reps. My shoulders are humming on shoulder day!

Liam1996
08-06-2014, 03:19 AM
smith machine shoulder press, side lateral raises, heavy, heavy, dropsets

theestone
08-06-2014, 03:55 AM
Am i the only one who is better off with pressing movments for shoulders. If i go overboard on the laterals, front or side it catches up to me. Never can have enough rear delt work, least not yet.

rocky83
08-06-2014, 02:38 PM
I like compouding front and lateral raises. I'm not sure if I read anyone mention arnold presses, but I do those often. What also works great if you have a work out partner is to perform seated military dumbbell press and then after failure have your partner hold down your elbows with some resistance and begin to raise your elbows out to the side like your doing the chicken dance LOL. Sounds goofy, but it works great.

silntrunin
08-07-2014, 05:11 AM
There are three heads on the deltoid. Normally, the front head is more prominent. Most likely from all the press exercises over time. Focus and isolate the rear head to build it up and capitalize on freedom's optical illusion secret #8 for being the best on stage. :)

I have to agree. Most people ignore rear delts. I do them first thing on my shoulder days. 10-12 reps of moderately heavy rear delt raises lying on an incline bench.

Hatefactory
08-07-2014, 09:09 PM
I have to agree. Most people ignore rear delts. I do them first thing on my shoulder days. 10-12 reps of moderately heavy rear delt raises lying on an incline bench.

Genetically, I was graced with NOTHING accept some seriously developed rear delts lol. Sometimes it looks silly because my rears are so much more defined then my front and side

swolen22
08-15-2014, 01:44 AM
I do high weight lower reps with power on presses and higher reps with focus and squeezing on the lateral raises. Also rear delts and traps make your shoulders bigger.

Emerald
11-02-2014, 10:51 AM
I have found great results from using shoulder press, high weight, 5 sets of 12 reps each, but jst to get really good and tired. Wait five minutes after the last set of shoudler presses and then its 12 rear delt flies immediately to 12 side raises immediately to 12 front raises and my delts are screaming so bad I have to lean forward paralell to the floor to ge them to calm down. Wait 5 minutes and then start all over again with the rear delt flies followed immeidately with wth side and front raises. Do this once more and I've seen drastic results from this. Finish with shrugs 5 sets of 12 moderate weight and done.
Emerald