PDA

View Full Version : had a piece of steel removed from my eye

Dr-Octagon
07-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Yup, like the title says,.....

In the process of buying a house and everything has been a two-fisted-fuckaround. I was in a hurry, everything has been a hurry lately but I had to cut a hitch off my truck with a grinder and a cut-off wheel and some of the dust made it around my safety glasses.

I felt like I had some grit in my eye so I was trying to get it out with an eyewash kit and some qtips, couldn't get it so I went to a walk in clinic. Figured it'd be a quick in and out thing as I was 2 hrs away from home on a job. Wrong...lol, they couldn't get it so I wound up having to go to an ophthalmologist with an eye institute. It was a piece of steel right in the middle of my eyeball. Less than 24 hours and it had already begun to rust.

So they took a 30guage and got the piece out and then scraped the rust ring out. Drove home with one eye shut......

Gonna stock up on the nerdiest science lab style goggles I can find. Fuck this noise.....

rmkicks
07-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Ouch.... Its amazing how just a little sliver of anything in your eye will drive you insane till you get it out.

kubes
07-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Ouch buddy that stinks! Get those better safety glasses for sure and I hope you have a speedy recovery

hunkstrum
07-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Dude, I'm a little girl when I get an eyelash in my eye :-) Eyeballs are really sensitive. Glad you're ok.

Clark Kent
07-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Holy shit! Ouch! That sux Doc! Im glad they got it buddy hope your doing better!

studmuffin
07-26-2014, 03:01 PM
Glad you got it out of your eye and it was not more serious than it was.

Dr-Octagon
07-26-2014, 03:13 PM
It'll be fine, its mostly there already but I can't tell you how many times I've risked it. Lesson learned, dont take your eyes for granted. Looking goofy for five minutes is nothing compared to missing an eye and looking like dr hook for the rest of your life.

My psa, lol, always wear quality eye protection, not the cheap shit and take five minutes to look like a nerd. Its worth it

bigsam
07-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Dude, I'm a little girl when I get an eyelash in my eye :-) Eyeballs are really sensitive. Glad you're ok.

Lmfao You and me both bro. I couldn't imagine this.

Glad you are OK man that had to be miserable. I don't blame you about the goggles I would too.

Herc
07-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Bro... I am an automotive technician and have had metal in my eyes more times than I can count. It really sucks and hurts like a bitch. Usually they will just cut the metal out with a small blade and give you some cocaine eye drops. You will be fine, the cornea is very good at healing itself fast. But you are right... always wear safety glasses. I don't care how stupid I look with them on, I always wear them now!

KutakRock
07-26-2014, 05:57 PM
I used to work construction and was cutting a bolt head off (I was 18 and real smart and wasnt wearng googles). It started to rust and my finally my girlfriend said my eyeball was yellow. I went to the doc and he used a dremel like tool to grind on my eyebal to get all the rusy ans stuff out. He told me eyeballs are nothing to mess with around with. Once fixed they heal fast but when damaged like metal in your eye and rust. He said the eyeball isnt able to regenerat and it just starts dying. No more cutting or grinding for me since with out goggles

Rooroo
07-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear that bro . Get well soon ;)

bigsam
07-27-2014, 05:21 AM
Fuck bro that shit made me cringe. I'm gonna make sure I'm always wearing goggles now. Glad you're OK.