PDA

View Full Version : Cortisone shot in shoulder

rusty
08-13-2014, 06:44 AM
Hey bros recently had cortisone shot for shoulder impingement. Just want to no how long it took to kick in

soopafli
08-13-2014, 07:00 AM
I get them but it's not straight cortisone it has other steroids but mine usually are feeling 100 better by the next day bro

Tekadori
08-13-2014, 12:12 PM
I have had quite a few in both shoulders and eventually surgery on both. A decompression (clean up) in the left and 3 anchors in the right. You should feel relief from the cortisone shot immediately. It has a small amount of Lidocaine which is extremely fast acting.

Just remember the purpose for the cortisone shot is to assist you with pain while you heal doing rehab. Don't be like me and take it as a sign to keep going heavy. I did and ended up needing full surgery.

Give it a day or two and if your not feeling relief tell the Doctor. Keep us posted brother.

studmuffin
08-14-2014, 02:51 AM
I have a cortisone shot every 4 months.My last shot has been the best and it was 3 months ago.The shots usually last 2 months but this one is just now starting to feel pain.I wish they would give me the shot every 2 months,but they will not.

rusty
08-17-2014, 07:38 AM
Cheers thanks for feedback bros. It's been only 5 days and I can't really tell any different so far. Doc did say will take 2 weeks for it to work