PDA

View Full Version : high iron levels

trt
08-20-2014, 11:59 PM
went to get some blood tests today , an hour later my doctors office calls me and says my levels are very high , so they sent me back to give more blood, im dropping my multi vitamin, iwas checking labels and saw that just about everything has iron , like oats, tuna, egg yolks, im on trt , im 49 doing 300 of test and 200 0f deca ,im not going through a dr for my meds, so i never did blood work before i started, my question is that does ass contribute to that? and should i lower my intake or even drop the deca , giving up test is not an option , ill be going back to the doctor for more detailed results of my second blood test, just wondering what can i do now to lower my iron levels, i heard donating blood is one of the ways, any imput would be apreciated

kubes
08-21-2014, 12:42 AM
Your hematocrit level is probably high. Did he say how high? Yes you should donate as often as they let you to get that level lower.

trt
08-21-2014, 02:50 AM
are the ass the cause of that?

kubes
08-21-2014, 02:56 AM
are the ass the cause of that?

Yes they elevate hematocrit i would imagine its the deca. It takes approx 4 months for the red blood cell count to go down once they are elevated unless you donate blood.