PDA

View Full Version : First Cycle PCT help

noarch
08-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Hi guys. Apologies if this is an old horse that's been beaten to death. But, PCT is the most confusing aspect of this whole game for me.....so many conflicting opinions make it frustrating to figure out. I'm 6 weeks into my first cycle (500 mg Test E + tbol kickstart for the first 4 weeks). I'm planning on running it for 12 weeks, taking two weeks off (running my AI through those two weeks), and then starting up PCT.

My PCT plan is Nolvadex at 40/40/20/20.

I did a bunch of research before diving in, and read a lot of people doing Clomid + Nolvadex, but also heard lots of guys say Nolva only was "fine." I was thinking I might need to pick up some clomid to add to my pct, but then started reading up on it again and remembered the reasons I decided on Nolva only......the sides on clomid just seem too risky and undesirable, especially since my cycle was pretty "mild."

I think I'm pretty solidly in the Nolva-only camp, but thought I'd put it out there for one more round of comments. Is there a real, compelling reason to add Clomid?? Some people say it's "better," but what does that even mean? Faster? Easier? Fewer losses??

I'm probably opening a can of worms....just having a little inexperience and confidence issue!

kubes
08-23-2014, 07:16 PM
I would run the nova alongside the nolvadex. The sides are easily managed by lowering the dose and if you choose not to run the clomid i would add in another serm like torem.

noarch
08-23-2014, 07:16 PM
And then....

My second question is regarding hCG. I'm not running it through the course of my cycle. Does it make sense to add it prior to the end of my cycle to get my nutz up and running in advance of starting the Nolva? I think I've read about adding it in around the last two weeks of a cycle, and discontinuing before PCT actually starts. That seems to make some sense to me. Yes?

Thanks BOP....

kubes
08-23-2014, 07:17 PM
And then....

My second question is regarding hCG. I'm not running it through the course of my cycle. Does it make sense to add it prior to the end of my cycle to get my nutz up and running in advance of starting the Nolva? I think I've read about adding it in around the last two weeks of a cycle, and discontinuing before PCT actually starts. That seems to make some sense to me. Yes?

Thanks BOP....

How far are you in to your cycle?

noarch
08-23-2014, 07:19 PM
I would run the nova alongside the nolvadex. The sides are easily managed by lowering the dose and if you choose not to run the clomid i would add in another serm like torem.

I think you meant run the clomid alongside the nolvadex, right?

Why? What's the rationale behind adding clomid....if it's "better," what makes it better?? Trying to understand something that's pretty confusing to me.

noarch
08-23-2014, 07:19 PM
How far are you in to your cycle?

Finished week 6 of 12.

kubes
08-23-2014, 07:20 PM
I think you meant run the clomid alongside the nolvadex, right?

Why? What's the rationale behind adding clomid....if it's "better," what makes it better?? Trying to understand something that's pretty confusing to me.
The two compounds work together synergistic and yes i meant run the clomid alongside the nolvadex

tyga
09-04-2014, 01:25 PM
believe nolva has very little effect on LH/FSH but does the best with binding to tissue in the breast. Clomid heavily stimulates LH/FSH.

the two together have synergy as kubes said.

kubes
09-04-2014, 02:20 PM
believe nolva has very little effect on LH/FSH but does the best with binding to tissue in the breast. Clomid heavily stimulates LH/FSH.

Yes exactly brother

Blergs
09-04-2014, 03:05 PM
i would rec clomid and tamox/nolva for better pct

chrisotpherm
09-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Great advice here. Just know Clomid might make you a little emotional.

Jimmyinkedup
09-04-2014, 03:15 PM
And then....

Thanks BOP....

What makes the most sense is to run it throughout your cycle. It keeps the leydig cells in the testis functioning. Why allow them to stop functioning and then try to shock them back into doing so by running hcg at the end of your cycle when you could maintain function throughout? You already do that by front loading your serms.
Have you already started your cycle? If yes how far in are you?

noarch
09-04-2014, 05:00 PM

A-ha! That's the answer I've been looking for. I keep hearing that using them both is "better," but haven't dug up why....this clears it up and makes sense to me. The only thing that makes me nervous about the Clomid is the sides, but I guess it's easy enough to drop it if I'm reacting to it the wrong way.

noarch
09-04-2014, 05:02 PM
What makes the most sense is to run it throughout your cycle. It keeps the leydig cells in the testis functioning. Why allow them to stop functioning and then try to shock them back into doing so by running hcg at the end of your cycle when you could maintain function throughout? You already do that by front loading your serms.
Have you already started your cycle? If yes how far in are you?

Thanks, Jimmyinkedup....I'm 8 weeks into a 12 week cycle. Didn't run hCG, just because 1) I wanted to keep things simple and 2) I was already nervous about pinning myself to start with in my first cycle! I'm over that now though....so that's why I was thinking to add it in at the end, which I've heard some people do....I think I won't, though. Might try running it throughout Cycle #2 in the spring to see what sort of difference it makes.

kubes
09-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Brother honestly I would add the hcg in now rather then waiting

Jimmyinkedup
09-04-2014, 05:57 PM
I would start now and run it up to 3 days before you start your pct

noarch
09-04-2014, 06:01 PM
I would start now and run it up to 3 days before you start your pct

Brother honestly I would add the hcg in now rather then waiting

Something like 250 icu 2x/week? Up until 3 days before pct includes the two weeks after my last test pin right? In other words... Run the hcg through the two weeks between my last test pin and the start of pct itself right?

kubes
09-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Yes yes and yes

noarch
09-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Yes yes and yes

Haha. Thanks kubes[emoji106]

kubes
09-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Haha. Thanks kubes[emoji106]

You got it brother [emoji106] I can do those too

tyga
09-07-2014, 05:32 PM
A-ha! That's the answer I've been looking for. I keep hearing that using them both is "better," but haven't dug up why....this clears it up and makes sense to me. The only thing that makes me nervous about the Clomid is the sides, but I guess it's easy enough to drop it if I'm reacting to it the wrong way.

I don't understand these "sides". Most is bro-mongering, I use pharm grade clomid and usually ingest 100mg for three days then taper for the remaining 45-47 days. Never, once have I had "emotional" fluctuations. Now, my testicles have ached severely the first 5-7 days but that was it.

Do not believe everything you read on the interwebz my man

noarch
09-07-2014, 06:06 PM
I don't understand these "sides". Most is bro-mongering, I use pharm grade clomid and usually ingest 100mg for three days then taper for the remaining 45-47 days. Never, once have I had "emotional" fluctuations. Now, my testicles have ached severely the first 5-7 days but that was it.

Do not believe everything you read on the interwebz my man

Dude, I think you're right on about the bro-mongering. This is my first cycle, and I've read everything I can get my hands on. I've heard so much of people talking about sides and problems, that I think I've become a hypochondriac about it. Every little thing that feels funny for an hour, and I get convinced that I'm gonna wake up the next day with boobs, or heart failure, or blind. LOL.