PDA

View Full Version : Dorian Yates Interview

Freedom
08-26-2014, 08:22 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fNqR-Ifj7xQ

Competed from 1983 - 1997.

No nonsense, keep it simple kind of guy. Dorian's demeanor as an individual is just that. He's very independent by nature and does it his way or no way at all. A perfect disposition to succeed in the bodybuilding world. This guys is up high on my list of pros I'd like to train with. F-16 fighter jet pilots used to mistake his back for an aircraft carrier landing deck.

Memphis
08-26-2014, 10:16 AM
No nonsense, keep it simple kind of guy. Dorian's demeanor as an individual is just that. He's very independent by nature and does it his way or no way at all. A perfect disposition to succeed in the bodybuilding world. This guys is up high on my list of pros I'd like to train with. F-16 fighter jet pilots used to mistake his back for an aircraft carrier landing deck. [/QUOTE]

Haha, dude is a mammoth. Didnt he create HIT or the first to expose it to everyone?

Freedom
08-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Idk if he was the first but he is well known for short (comparatively), yet intense sessions. Get in, do your work and get out.

PAiN
08-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Dudes a beast!

One of my all time favorites!

Jimmyinkedup
08-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Haha, dude is a mammoth. Didnt he create HIT or the first to expose it to everyone?

Mike Mentzer was the first I recall being a huge HIT guy but I think your right- with all Dorians success he def brought it to many more peoples attention. He represents a change in the game in my mind - taking mass to a new level at the time.

animal87
09-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Yates was one of the first ones I remember really noticing outside the guys like Lou and Arnold. Being young and thinking "Is this a real person?"

And I love the way he trains like his life actually depends on it.