PDA

View Full Version : Tore my bicep at the elbow tonight

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 12:48 AM
While performing machine flys tonight, I heard and felt the tear and snap. Then, I dropped the weight and looked at a noticeable gap between the bicep muscle and the elbow. Pain soon followed with the inability to straighten out my arm. Holy shit this hurts!!!! Back at home now, popping Advil, icing the arm and got that bitch in a sling. Gonna call the orthopedic doc in the am to schedule an appointment and see what's next.
Any of you guys experienced this? Can you give me any insight on recovery?
Oh yeah, I'm just 3 weeks into a cycle too. Should I come off?
Thanks brothers!!

Dick
08-28-2014, 12:50 AM
Damn brother I am very sorry to hear this, I have not experienced this before so I cannot offer much advice other than I hope you are all good my friend!

Tekadori
08-28-2014, 12:57 AM
Sorry to hear that brother. I know that sucks.

Buddy just had that happen to him and he had a complete tear at the same spot. He had surgery within 4 days. Quick surgery, Minimal scar and the doc told him 6 months for recovery. Really was not that bad, all things considered.

Prior to surgery the doc will ask if your taking any medication. I had surgery and the doc told me to stop taking Test (only told him I was on TRT). He said it can affect the anesthesia and causes excessive bleeding. I listened to him.

Good luck brother and please keep us posted.

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:08 AM
Sorry to hear that brother. I know that sucks.

Buddy just had that happen to him and he had a complete tear at the same spot. He had surgery within 4 days. Quick surgery, Minimal scar and the doc told him 6 months for recovery. Really was not that bad, all things considered.

Prior to surgery the doc will ask if your taking any medication. I had surgery and the doc told me to stop taking Test (only told him I was on TRT). He said it can affect the anesthesia and causes excessive bleeding. I listened to him.

Good luck brother and please keep us posted.

I can tell its a partial tear but it appears to be significant one. Could be worse I guess. Thank you brother!!

Mz1220
08-28-2014, 01:09 AM
That sucks it probably a good 6 months recovery after surgery to fix it. You could come off the test for the surgery if it's gonna cause a problem with bleeding but I would get back on it right after because it's gonna help you recover faster. I had surgery on my neck to fix a disc back in May I stayed on test the whole time and recovered fast. I was benching and doing overhead lifts 5 weeks out but that was a different surgery than a torn bicep. Good luck with it

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:09 AM
Damn brother I am very sorry to hear this, I have not experienced this before so I cannot offer much advice other than I hope you are all good my friend!

Thanks Mick!!!

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:11 AM
That sucks it probably a good 6 months recovery after surgery to fix it. You could come off the test for the surgery if it's gonna cause a problem with bleeding but I would get back on it right after because it's gonna help you recover faster. I had surgery on my neck to fix a disc back in May I stayed on test the whole time and recovered fast. I was benching and doing overhead lifts 5 weeks out but that was a different surgery than a torn bicep. Good luck with it

Sounds good brother. Thanks!!

Dick
08-28-2014, 01:12 AM
Thanks Mick!!!

I just hope your ok bro! Shit like this just sucks man. You need anything let me know brother.

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:13 AM
I just hope your ok bro! Shit like this just sucks man. You need anything let me know brother.

You got it brother. Thanks again!

turkeyjerky23
08-28-2014, 01:23 AM
Get well soon brother!

kubes
08-28-2014, 01:24 AM
That sucks brother. Let's hope the injury isn't to bad and you make a fast recovery!

Rooroo
08-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Fuck Rm I'm sorry bud!! Here's hoping for a quick and full recovery!
Unfortunately injuries are part of this game . We will all be routing for u !

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:32 AM
Get well soon brother!
Thanks brother!

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:33 AM
That sucks brother. Let's hope the injury isn't to bad and you make a fast recovery!

Thanks kubes! I'm just gonna focus on legs my brother. lol

wook
08-28-2014, 01:35 AM
Sorry man... That really blows! I have torn my Triceps before and it took 8 months of recovery/rehab... Definitely should stop your cycle... Even if it is a partial tear... If it's not a complete tear, you may not require surgery, so let's hope/pray for the best! My tear was about 10 years ago and to this day, I still am reminded of it everytime I do chest or tri's... all mental, but still there! Good luck bro and keep us posted.

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:39 AM
Fuck Rm I'm sorry bud!! Here's hoping for a quick and full recovery!
Unfortunately injuries are part of this game . We will all be routing for u !
Thanks Rooroo! Seems like I've been riddled with injuries lately. I'm sure nothing can be done til next week due to the holiday weekend. I just told the wife, if I've gotta sit around with my arm in a sling, I might as well do it at the beach!!

kubes
08-28-2014, 01:40 AM
Thanks kubes! I'm just gonna focus on legs my brother. lol

Keep up on the cardio too. You want to stay lean

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:42 AM
Sorry man... That really blows! I have torn my Triceps before and it took 8 months of recovery/rehab... Definitely should stop your cycle... Even if it is a partial tear... If it's not a complete tear, you may not require surgery, so let's hope/pray for the best! My tear was about 10 years ago and to this day, I still am reminded of it everytime I do chest or tri's... all mental, but still there! Good luck bro and keep us posted.
Thanks brother! God I hope recovery is not that long. Hopefully I heal as well as you. I've already been thinking of how its going to screw with me mentally. lol

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:44 AM
Keep up on the cardio too. You want to stay lean

Yeah, no kidding. Great opportunity to focus on cardio and diet.

studmuffin
08-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Sorry to hear,hope you dont need surgery.

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 01:56 AM
Sorry to hear,hope you dont need surgery.

Thanks brother! Me too.

enrod
08-28-2014, 02:43 AM
Damn kicks that's never good news. Sorry to hear brother, keep us updated on what the docs say. Total fear of mine when it comes to the iron.

Wasn't cutler off the stage of Olympia for a few seasons from a bicep tear? Those can be mean

Clark Kent
08-28-2014, 03:07 AM
Damn Kicks! That really sux! If you dont mind brother can you tell us what was going on in the few minutes prior? Did you have any warning signs? Did you warm up? Did you get any signs the injury could happen? I think this is important info to help us be on the look out. All that being said brother I am sorry this is happening to you and I will be thinking of you brother. Please keep us posted and make a speedy recovery! Too many injuries lately!

animal87
08-28-2014, 03:21 AM
Bro, hop on your pct tonight and get to the doctor tom. probably will need surgery unfortunately :(. It hasnt happened to me but know multiple that is has, if it is a partial tear it will still be in alot of pain right now, if its a total tear you shouldnt be hurting much because its completely ripped the nerves and muscle.

When or if your surgery is over, get on some growth peps to speed recovery. Keep your protein and vitiman in take high after surgery but I'm sure you know that.

I'm so sorry brother, I know injuries suck so bad, but dont let it get you down. Hell if you need help I'll buy you some peps after just lmk. Me and the wife will say a prayer for you tonight bro.

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Damn kicks that's never good news. Sorry to hear brother, keep us updated on what the docs say. Total fear of mine when it comes to the iron.

Wasn't cutler off the stage of Olympia for a few seasons from a bicep tear? Those can be mean
Thanks enrod. Gonna try to get an appointment today.

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 08:38 AM
Damn Kicks! That really sux! If you dont mind brother can you tell us what was going on in the few minutes prior? Did you have any warning signs? Did you warm up? Did you get any signs the injury could happen? I think this is important info to help us be on the look out. All that being said brother I am sorry this is happening to you and I will be thinking of you brother. Please keep us posted and make a speedy recovery! Too many injuries lately!

Well, I've been having some dull pain and stiffness in that same elbow for a little over a week now. General practitioner looked at it, no mri or xray, and diagnosed tennis elbow. So, I skipped a few training sessions and only trained only lower body for a few. Took some Advil, iced the elbow it and took it easy for a week or so. Went I worked Monday evening, I didn't notice any pain while doing tricep exercises but still avoided bicep exercises. Wednesday night I began training chest. Did hammer strength incline presses and dumbbell presses with no problem. Jumped on the machine to do some flys and this is where I noticed some dull pain and tightness in the left elbow. The pain was not as bad as I had been experiencing so, I decided to push through the second set and that's when I hear the sound of ripping tendons. Seems as if I went down in slow motion. Before I even felt the pain, I asked the guy on the machine next to "did you hear that". He said hell yeah, I heard something, what was it. I said, I think I just ripped my bicep from my elbow. When I stood up and couldn't extend my arm is when the pain set in. A trainer at the gym looked at my arm and said that I tore my bicep. I've worked thru many pains and body aches before and really didn't think this was serious but, now it is and I should've listened to my wife when she asked me to just take a month off. The body has a way of letting you know its time to take a break, listening to it is a whole other story!!

Clark Kent
08-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks for this! Listening is a whole other story you are correct. Sometimes we get to feeling invincible and that isnt the reality. I had a feeling there was some sort of warning sign of an injury to come. I needed to hear this and I hope we all can learn a little from this. Don't ignore our bodies when something just isn't right or it will eventually force us to listen! Get well bro if you need anything im here for yah. Tennis elbow? Thanks Doc!

Dont wanna be old
08-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Sorry to hear about the setback friend .
Good luck at Dr today

toppjimie
08-28-2014, 01:21 PM
oh man kicks,that sucks to the max brother! im going through a ruptured tri tendon myself.this bums the shit outta me too! fucken sucks.hang in there brother,i tell myself its only a tempory set back.get well kicks

Largerthannormal
08-28-2014, 04:21 PM
I am doing the same thing brother, I have a torn labrum, I am focusing on legs and cardio just like kubes said.

Good luck on your recovery!

Dick
08-28-2014, 09:13 PM
How are you today bro? Any news?

PAiN
08-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Holy fuck bro! Sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better.

Rooroo
08-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Hated hearing this last night!
If we pay attention we can all learn a little something from each others peeks and valleys .
I'll tell u guys something it's been a tough year injury and health wise here at the BHOP . I can easily name half a dozen friends on here who have had either a Heath problem scare or a nasty injury . Let's get that turned around starting right now!!
Ok u fuckin meatheads ?!! ;)

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 10:30 PM
How are you today bro? Any news?

Feeling good as long as I keep the arm stabilized. Muscle spasms hurt like a bitch though. Went to the Orthopedic doc this afternoon. He says I have a ruptured bicep distal. I cannot get an MRI til next week to see how bad it is. The good news is, they don't think its a complete tear. Wont know how bad it is til next week. For now, its pain killers, ibuprofen, ice and a sling. Since I have to take it easy, I'm headed to the beach for a long weekend to relax.
Falcons are playing tonight!!

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Holy fuck bro! Sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better.
Thanks boss!!

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Hated hearing this last night!
If we pay attention we can all learn a little something from each others peeks and valleys .
I'll tell u guys something it's been a tough year injury and health wise here at the BHOP . I can easily name half a dozen friends on here who have had either a Heath problem scare or a nasty injury . Let's get that turned around starting right now!!
Ok u fuckin meatheads ?!! ;)
Right on brother!!

Dick
08-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Feeling good as long as I keep the arm stabilized. Muscle spasms hurt like a bitch though. Went to the Orthopedic doc this afternoon. He says I have a ruptured bicep distal. I cannot get an MRI til next week to see how bad it is. The good news is, they don't think its a complete tear. Wont know how bad it is til next week. For now, its pain killers, ibuprofen, ice and a sling. Since I have to take it easy, I'm headed to the beach for a long weekend to relax.
Falcons are playing tonight!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya bro! Relax have a good weekend and watch them Falcons play some ball !!!

Keep us updated on everything my friend!

rmkicks
08-28-2014, 10:42 PM
While chatting with Rooroo, he gave the a great idea of posting a log of my recovery from this injury. I will begin my log next week after I get the results of my MRI and the doc's advise. I may change the title of this thread or start a new one, not sure yet.
I'm looking for advise on peptides to assist me in recovery so, if any of my brother can lead me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Clark Kent
08-28-2014, 11:02 PM
While chatting with Rooroo, he gave the a great idea of posting a log of my recovery from this injury. I will begin my log next week after I get the results of my MRI and the doc's advise. I may change the title of this thread or start a new one, not sure yet.
I'm looking for advise on peptides to assist me in recovery so, if any of my brother can lead me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

This is a great idea!

billybudd
12-22-2014, 04:14 AM
That's terrible bro , I think I have a partial tare in my left , been 3 or 4 years . You will need a Doctor. I need a MRI.

juicehead1983
12-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Ouch how did you go with recovery

billybudd
01-04-2015, 12:22 AM
How is the rehabilitation going ?