PDA

View Full Version : Question about shoulder pain

riverbear
08-30-2014, 12:53 AM
I've been through the sub forums reading on end about shoulder injuries and different routines, great info.

I've had on and off weekly/ daily shoulder pain in the joints for going on 8 years.

I've been told it may be impingements? It's not every day but it is often and normally lasts a few days. It may go a few weeks then randomly hurt. It's normally a sharp pain that can and will bring me down when it chooses.

I can lift and be fine one day then next time they hurt. Seldom both at once

Okay, now I know I should get an MRI however, I don't want medical history present on this for my line of work. Can't afford time off to have surgery or be considered a liability.

Question is after all that, can I run something to help the joint pain any? I've read low doses of decca 100mg or less will provide relief in the joints without the sides of higher runs.

Any ideas or suck it up butter cup lol

xmuscle
08-30-2014, 01:18 PM
I would wait to get the MRI to see whats really goin on..deca does help but if its a serious injury the deca wont do to much..arthritis plays a big roll in alot of shoulder pain..goodluck and keep us posted.

kubes
08-30-2014, 02:27 PM
You don't want risk more injury. I would wait till you have it looked at

chrisotpherm
08-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Everyone has already nailed it. Wait man till the results come back. Adding any quick fix only makes it worse in the long run.

Omarbranch
02-24-2015, 11:25 AM
When having the injury pain, which type of exercise is best to do?
----------
Staff: Don't post spam links again.

Largerthannormal
02-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Have you tried simple anti inflammatories or msm crystals or and joint supps? Animal pak makes a good one called animal flex, not sure how bad the pain is. I have a torn labrum work around it

BLUELABEL
02-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Definately hit the doctors up, which i believe u figured the answer would be... but get well and don't push yourself bud.. good luck

CTFaygo
02-25-2015, 06:06 PM
I've been dealing with shoulder issues for three months and I myself am hesitant to see the doctor because I don't want to burden my wife anymore with medical bills due to lifting. We spent a lot of money in the past 12 months getting my back corrected after I bulged three discs while squatting. I am pretty sure mine is impingement along with some bursitits. Since not training chest or shoulders doesn't sit well with me I am in the process of modifying workouts to work for me in the meantime. As someone that competes in powerlifting not being able to flat barbell bench for three months is dog shit.

Good luck with your shoulders man.

noarch
02-25-2015, 06:10 PM
I've had trouble with both shoulders and found a chiropractor and ART therapist (deep tissue massage) who've done wonders. No X-rays, no MRIs. Just physical exam, and manually correcting imbalances. A lot of shoulder pain is due to muscular imbalances....for me, my chest is stronger than my back, which tends to pull my shoulders forward and create impingements. Opening my shoulders up, and correcting those strength imbalances always fixes it.

CTFaygo
02-27-2015, 12:30 PM
I hear ya on the imbalance issue...I always thought I was doing a good job of keeping my back strong and rear shoulers balanced with the front. I have been spending twice as much time on upper back volume and rear shoulders versus pressing movements/anterior delt work. It has helped, but if I try to go back to flat bench my shoulders will throb for about a day or so. A good training partner of mine is a physical therapist and he said it will probably take 1000s of reps to get it back in shape. More time off the platform and more time using 10 lb dumbells...rehabbing one injury or another is wearing thin at this point.

CTFaygo
05-20-2015, 12:11 PM
I've finally had enough...stretching and light weights forever is boring the lift out of me. I'm making an appointment with a doctor to look at my shoulders when I get back from vacation. Since I have decided to walk away from powerlifting I want to get my body right. In three years of powerlifting...which is nothing...I managed to fuck up my back and shoulders...and not like the ice it for a couple weeks fucked up...like holy shit I think something is terribly wrong now fucked up.

Live and learn. Story of my life.