PDA

View Full Version : Admitted to the hospital for cellulitis...A warning for all

REDRUM
09-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Normally I don't post things like this in the open anymore, I keep them in the bat caves of forums where its a much smaller more personal crowd, but something like this can happen to any user. Guys who have a few under their belt, to guys like me that count decades and not yrs anymore.

This is a massive infection that needs an antibiotic called Vancomycin which is a broad spectrum type and is basically as strong as it gets, and this is no pill this is 3x a day 2.5 hrs each bag they hook up IV meds. Which is followed by heparin so I don't get blood clots from laying/sitting 8 hrs a day. The heparin is sub-q in my stomach but leaves bruises that make getting hit with a bat look tame... Side story for humor and its 5:45 am and I'm getting my meds at 6:00 and the shot of ******** is groovin me out and I feel like typing. So, yes I've been hit with a bat before, the funniest object was a brass pole used at clubs and bars, when he began to swing it I saw it coming and was able to hook it w my left arm after impact and use my right arm to snatch it and hurl it like a spear at his chest. The bottom was large enough for a direct hit. I didn't stick around to see how long before he got back up. But I still got 4 broken ribs, for all I know I could have collapsed his lung that's why I ran a city block in cheetah mode and dove in a cab and drove 10 blocks up and 10 over and found a diner to sit in until the rest could get the car and get me the hell outta dodge.

Back to being serious, this is from injecting into scar tissue. My right delt has been hit hundreds of times I won't use more than an ML in there but even still this had been building over time and my muscle wasn't getting the oil the surrounding scar tissue did and kept that shit sitting there and I simply thought TNE a lil pip for a day or 2, but day 3 and its very warm and swelling some by day 5 delt is the size of a bowling ball and has skipped being red, and went too damn near purple and this was no abscess, full blown infection spreading down my arm to my elbow basically overnight. No busting out the 10ml syringe and the 18g needle to home drain, my GP wasn't going to be able to do a thing. It was straight to the ER and needing to be admitted.

Why do I say this can happen to anyone is when we first start we use just a few areas we are comfortable with using and scar tissue will start forming if those areas are over used or too much is put in a specific muscle group. And pip starts when it shouldn't, next is the abscess setting in and eventually no matter how little you put in or how good the gear is will stop an infection from setting in when the ratio of scar tissue is greater than the muscle tissue. This is why you must hit every muscle group you can. And if there are spots you need help hitting ask a friend you trust to do it for you or if your girl is cool with what you do, teach her by starting with glutes or quads. Since I'm so damn broad up top I can't twist well enough to hit my lats and that's where my girl comes in.

Hopefully this won't trigger a spinal infection I had roughly a year ago, as once you contract osteomyletis it can become chronic and that means instead of a week of IV meds, it will be 10 weeks or more and if it becomes chronic the vertebrate will have to be shaved down or even removed and paralysis or sepsistemia can set in the drug resistant MRSA type shit.

Be smart guys, know your body and even when you do a freak thing like this can still happen. Try and use.as much pharmaceutical grade gear you can, if someone's prices are just too good to be true, its being made in the garage of someones house. Spend the extra money, even though price doewnt ensure quality but the guy who wants $50 for some test when you are paying $25 odds are the $50 stuff was given more love and sometimes its pure shit with a fancy label and a box..cough Scrioxx cough cough.

I'll be out by Sunday or Monday hopefully, and then its 3 more.weeks of oral antibiotics. Fingers crossed osteomyletis is not a factor, 2x in a year.will certainly mean severe spinal damage and may truly end gear all together and turn the weights into yoga or Pilates.

Stay safe everyone

REDRUM

Hatefactory
09-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Get well brother

kubes
09-11-2014, 12:27 PM
I wish you a speedy recovery brother

chrisotpherm
09-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Wow man. Hope you recover to 100%.

Dick
09-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Sorry to hear bro I hope you have a super fast recovery!

Rooroo
09-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Fuck RR u deserve a break for Chripes sake .
Get well good brother and keep your head up.
Everyone here should heed your warning . Thanks for sharing this :)

bigt
09-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Cellulitis is some bad stuff got it in my leg once after a surgery man it took a toll on my body

studmuffin
09-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Hope everything is ok!

noarch
09-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Damn brother that sounds rough. Hope you come through it fast.

As a beginner, can I ask how you know where there's scar tissue, so you can avoid it???

toppjimie
09-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Damn brother that sounds rough. Hope you come through it fast.

As a beginner, can I ask how you know where there's scar tissue, so you can avoid it???

you get scar tissue from injecting at the same spot over and over.You want to rotate your injection spots.,delt,glute,quad,so on.what happens is the build up of scar tissue prevents the oil to get absorbed into the muscle,or absorbs very slow,then you pin again,the same spot,eventually you end up with a abcess or worse infection,that our brother Redrum has.Just move you pins around,your'll be ok

Rooroo
09-11-2014, 06:10 PM
This ^^

If you have trouble injecting in a particular area you probably want to give that spot a rest . By trouble I mean it takes lots of pressure to get the oil through the pin and into the muscle .

jacjac
09-11-2014, 10:59 PM
God speed in your recovery and thank you for offering the information.

PAiN
09-12-2014, 05:48 AM
Sorry to hear bro. Sending prayers your way and thanks for sharing.

noarch
09-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the info and sharing your "cautionary" story bro...wishing you a speedy recovery!

juicyyy91
11-20-2014, 12:42 AM
I have had to goto the ER for cellulitus infections quite a few times.... Dumbasses at the gym thought they knew how to home brew and got lot of us wicked infected and sick and almost killed us... That bastard

craigsmith
11-21-2014, 11:00 PM
WOW , scarry, I've only injected in my glutes for ever.I guess I'll try my quads. Wish me luck.

kakeness
11-24-2014, 03:32 PM
I know your pain brother and I will too say this it dont matter if your a newbie or a vet shit can still happen and cellulitis is no joke you can even get it from over sterilizing your tops and skin, whats worse then cellulitis is staph infection that cellulitis turns into. I had a episode about a year ago were this happen i was in the hospital for 1 week then had jp8 pump in me for almost 2 months after... Most common issue is people not sterilizing but mine was from over sterilizing. Also like he said if you inject into scare tissue you run the same risk if there is to much build up you need to give you inj points time to recover after time...

Normally I don't post things like this in the open anymore, I keep them in the bat caves of forums where its a much smaller more personal crowd, but something like this can happen to any user. Guys who have a few under their belt, to guys like me that count decades and not yrs anymore.

This is a massive infection that needs an antibiotic called Vancomycin which is a broad spectrum type and is basically as strong as it gets, and this is no pill this is 3x a day 2.5 hrs each bag they hook up IV meds. Which is followed by heparin so I don't get blood clots from laying/sitting 8 hrs a day. The heparin is sub-q in my stomach but leaves bruises that make getting hit with a bat look tame... Side story for humor and its 5:45 am and I'm getting my meds at 6:00 and the shot of ******** is groovin me out and I feel like typing. So, yes I've been hit with a bat before, the funniest object was a brass pole used at clubs and bars, when he began to swing it I saw it coming and was able to hook it w my left arm after impact and use my right arm to snatch it and hurl it like a spear at his chest. The bottom was large enough for a direct hit. I didn't stick around to see how long before he got back up. But I still got 4 broken ribs, for all I know I could have collapsed his lung that's why I ran a city block in cheetah mode and dove in a cab and drove 10 blocks up and 10 over and found a diner to sit in until the rest could get the car and get me the hell outta dodge.

Back to being serious, this is from injecting into scar tissue. My right delt has been hit hundreds of times I won't use more than an ML in there but even still this had been building over time and my muscle wasn't getting the oil the surrounding scar tissue did and kept that shit sitting there and I simply thought TNE a lil pip for a day or 2, but day 3 and its very warm and swelling some by day 5 delt is the size of a bowling ball and has skipped being red, and went too damn near purple and this was no abscess, full blown infection spreading down my arm to my elbow basically overnight. No busting out the 10ml syringe and the 18g needle to home drain, my GP wasn't going to be able to do a thing. It was straight to the ER and needing to be admitted.

Why do I say this can happen to anyone is when we first start we use just a few areas we are comfortable with using and scar tissue will start forming if those areas are over used or too much is put in a specific muscle group. And pip starts when it shouldn't, next is the abscess setting in and eventually no matter how little you put in or how good the gear is will stop an infection from setting in when the ratio of scar tissue is greater than the muscle tissue. This is why you must hit every muscle group you can. And if there are spots you need help hitting ask a friend you trust to do it for you or if your girl is cool with what you do, teach her by starting with glutes or quads. Since I'm so damn broad up top I can't twist well enough to hit my lats and that's where my girl comes in.

Hopefully this won't trigger a spinal infection I had roughly a year ago, as once you contract osteomyletis it can become chronic and that means instead of a week of IV meds, it will be 10 weeks or more and if it becomes chronic the vertebrate will have to be shaved down or even removed and paralysis or sepsistemia can set in the drug resistant MRSA type shit.

Be smart guys, know your body and even when you do a freak thing like this can still happen. Try and use.as much pharmaceutical grade gear you can, if someone's prices are just too good to be true, its being made in the garage of someones house. Spend the extra money, even though price doewnt ensure quality but the guy who wants $50 for some test when you are paying $25 odds are the $50 stuff was given more love and sometimes its pure shit with a fancy label and a box..cough Scrioxx cough cough.

I'll be out by Sunday or Monday hopefully, and then its 3 more.weeks of oral antibiotics. Fingers crossed osteomyletis is not a factor, 2x in a year.will certainly mean severe spinal damage and may truly end gear all together and turn the weights into yoga or Pilates.

Stay safe everyone

REDRUM

Musclej
11-29-2014, 02:37 AM
Sorry to hear that brother. Within the last year I have seen a increase nunber of patients with abcesses from anabolic and IV injections. Did they do a I&D and wound culture as well as blood cultures in the ER? I'm glad they jumped to vanco because I have seen many providers not wanting or scared to jump to a potent antibiotic. I have switched to chlorahexidine as my cleaning solution instead of alcohol wipes. Did they do any imaging to see if there was any involvement into the spinal cord or other areas? Good luck brother.