PDA

View Full Version : Sweet freedom was discharged early this morning

REDRUM
09-16-2014, 07:09 AM
I wanna thank all my brothers here on BOP for the.well wishes and.prayers. Even though I belong to a lot of places I only posted what happened to me here because I knew people would read it and have a think about how they do their thing. I would have got get well on the other forums as well, but this is my home and I have guys here I consider true friends, but this whole board is a brother to me in one way or another and I haven't experienced that type of comrodery in a long time, to be.specific when a bunch of us broke away from Jeff Summers aka Brett Hartcourt and his bullshit anabolics.com and fitnessboard and we built our own vBulletin style antiquated windows 98 board...lol

Bottom line is that I will share my success along with my mishaps as long as it helps one person its being put out there So you can achieve or avoid what happened to me.
Nothing but RESPECT to the boys on BOP.

I need to stay on 2 antibiotics for 3 weeks and I'm going to.aee my GP tomorrow to get a script for an MRI as I fear the spinal infection is back but even if it is, its caught early this time and with all the meds that have been flooding my system hopefully its just my fucked up back hurting from the last infection that chewed my vertebrae. I'll keep you guys posted and thank you again brothers

REDRUM

rmkicks
09-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Glad your out brother and hope you get well soon!!

Dont wanna be old
09-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Good to hear things are getting better . Sorry to hear it might be a up hill battle .
Take it one day at a time .
Be well
DWBO

Tekadori
09-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Stay strong my friend. Glad to hear you are doing better.

riverbear
09-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Hope you heal up well. I just lost my best friend yesterday due to an infection after surgery on a broken leg. Have keep a close eye on you.

animal87
09-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Glad your getting better brother.

REDRUM
09-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Hope you heal up well. I just lost my best friend yesterday due to an infection after surgery on a broken leg. Have keep a close eye on you.

IM so sorry for your loss, did he go into septic shock or something. A broeken leg unless a compound fracture(bone jutting out through skin) shouldnt be something risky. I hate to ask while you grieving brother but may I ask where did the infection come from with a broken leg?

riverbear
09-16-2014, 12:03 PM
It was a compound fracture in early August. They set pins in his leg. That was done at one hospital. The hospital he was in last said they must have not cleaned it properly or something. All I know is an infection in the bone got into his blood stream. It went from there. Friday they out him under. Removed parts of his leg over the weekend in two different surgeries, then opened his belly to drain fluid from lungs and heart. Just to late. The infection kept making his heart shit down. After multiple flat lines they didn't bring him back.

Make sure they stay in too of your shit. Doctors these days scare me. 25 years old, his little girl turns 3 this week. Married for a little over a year. Rough shape brother. Seriously though you feel anything strange go get checked. I think he waited to long when he felt something and it was just to late. Be safe brother and recoup well.

PAiN
09-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Glad to here you are out. Stay strong brother!

studmuffin
09-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Glad you doing better!Sorry about your loss riverbear,25 yrs old is just a start in life.

Clark Kent
09-17-2014, 12:34 AM
Great news bro! Glad to here you are doing better! Were here if you need anything!

Mfire
09-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Glad your doing better man

Dick
09-17-2014, 01:11 AM
Glad to hear you are doing better brother, keep us updated! Need anything at all let me know!

Rooroo
09-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Music to my ears :)

RR continue to fight the good fight brother !!! You are so worth it :) not to mention you've got a boat load of knowledge to share right here with us !

08gsxr
09-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Glad to heRe bro. Prayers still being sent!!

REDRUM
09-18-2014, 09:05 AM
It was a compound fracture in early August. They set pins in his leg. That was done at one hospital. The hospital he was in last said they must have not cleaned it properly or something. All I know is an infection in the bone got into his blood stream. It went from there. Friday they out him under. Removed parts of his leg over the weekend in two different surgeries, then opened his belly to drain fluid from lungs and heart. Just to late. The infection kept making his heart shit down. After multiple flat lines they didn't bring him back.

Make sure they stay in too of your shit. Doctors these days scare me. 25 years old, his little girl turns 3 this week. Married for a little over a year. Rough shape brother. Seriously though you feel anything strange go get checked. I think he waited to long when he felt something and it was just to late. Be safe brother and recoup well.

It sounds like he contracted what I had, osteomyelitis its an infection of the bones, generally pelvis, legs feet and the spine. Mine was in the spine, but osteo is a tricky bitch because the symptoms takes weeks to develop and feel like a broken bone, or ribs in my case and if the infection spreads from the bone, your body goes septic if IV antibiotics arent started immediately. I was told any longer and best case would have been paralysis, worst case would have been septicemia and possible death. Sadly this sounds like what happened to your friend. I had the infection for nearly 2 months before it was so unbearable I couldnt move, and where using terminal patient doses of ******** to control the pain, even though I have yrs of recovery, I still take pain medication from all the damage Ive done to myself through the yrs and am beyond opiate tolerant, it took 3 months to recover from that. But my deepest condolences to you bro, 25 is way to young for a life to be taken away.

And again thank you to all my brothers here, this is why I call this place home

BNSFPharmaceuticals
09-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Keep your head up and get well...

Sorry to hear riverbear

Blergs
09-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Got a lot of back/spinal issues myself... Stay strong man! : )

Rooroo
09-18-2014, 05:35 PM
OMG Riverbear I'm so sorry for your loss bro ! No words

riverbear
09-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Didn't intended for the thread drift y'all and banks. Just trying to express concerns for our brother In healing up and making sure they stay on too of him and get him healthy again.

Rooroo
09-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Didn't intended for the thread drift y'all and banks. Just trying to express concerns for our brother In healing up and making sure they stay on too of him and get him healthy again.

No worries RB. Your post was u looking out for RR and anyone else dealing with a bad infection. It touched me is all .