PDA

View Full Version : Sayreville coach in steroid bust at seedy hotel

PAiN
10-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Sayreville coach in steroid bust at seedy hotel

New Jersey October 4, 2014
BRIDGEWATER – The former assistant coach of the Sayreville High School football team was arrested on drug charges after police saw him parked at a Route 22 motel that has a history of criminal activity.

Charlie Garcia, 38, of South Plainfield, was arrested at about 8:41 p.m. Sept. 26 following a motor vehicle stop on westbound Route 22 near Commons Way, according to the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office, which released a statement about the arrest a day after MyCentralJersey broke the news.

The arrest was revealed on the day that the Sayreville district canceled its football game. District officials, however, were forced to say that the game cancellation was not related to the coach's drug charges. Garcia's attorney told NJ.com on Friday that Garcia resigned as coach earlier this week.

Bridgewater Police Officer Kevin Florczak was checking the parking lot when he saw a 2013 Dodge Ram pickup truck in the parking lot with its engine running and a man, later identified as Garcia, inside, authorities said.

After Florczak saw Garcia's pickup, Garcia drove to the exit and Florczak followed him. Garcia then made an abrupt u-turn and returned to the parking lot, authorities said.

A short time later, Florczak saw Garcia leave the motel and drive westbound on Route 22. Florczak stopped Garcia after he saw various motor vehicle violations, including an improper lane change, according to the prosecutor's office.

Garcia gave conflicting accounts about his previous whereabouts, the prosecutor's office said. At the time, police did not know that Garcia was a football coach.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d67f7b0514c901c7197913b40e7b806b08a31cd8/c=0-149-480-509&r=x383&c=540x380/local/-/media/NJGroup/None/2014/10/03/1412355602000-garcia.jpg
Charles Garcia in a police booking photo.(Photo: SOMERSET COUNTY PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE)

Hillsborough Police Officer Chris Englehardt and his K-9 Kondro were called to the scene. An exterior sniff of the vehicle by the dog indicated the presence of drugs in both the driver and passenger doors, the prosecutor's office said.

Garcia then gave permission for a search and police found a plastic white bag with two sealed boxes of steroids and 14 individually sealed and capped syringes. Each box contained 400 mg of steroids, according to the prosecutor's office.

Garcia was charged with third-degree illegal possession of steroids, possession of hypodermic needles, driving with an expired license, failure to signal a lane change and possession of a controlled dangerous substance in a motor vehicle.

Garcia, released on his own recognizance, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Oct. 10.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/local/somerset-county/2014/10/03/sayrville-charlie-garcia-steroids-drug-hotel/16646287/

suraonyx23
10-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Dogs cant smell steroids can they? Unbelievable

stiphy
10-06-2014, 10:39 PM
was wondering the same thing.

studmuffin
10-06-2014, 11:14 PM
400 mg,I would have pinned that before I got in the vehicle.wtf

bigt
10-07-2014, 12:41 AM
How the fuck are needles a possession charge

blaster
10-07-2014, 06:07 PM
No, dogs cannot smell steroids. It was just an excuse to search. He screwed up by giving consent to have his vehicle searched. If he would have refused, a lawyer would have gotten the charges dropped due to the dogs cannot sniff out steroids. Remember, keep your mouth shut and never give consent for a search....even if they say their dogs smell something. If their dogs truly smelled something, I dont believe the police would not have needed his consent to search the truck.

Clark Kent
10-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Cop probably found a bunch of gear and kept it and said he only had 400mg!

PAiN
10-07-2014, 08:27 PM
No, dogs cannot smell steroids. It was just an excuse to search. He screwed up by giving consent to have his vehicle searched. If he would have refused, a lawyer would have gotten the charges dropped due to the dogs cannot sniff out steroids. Remember, keep your mouth shut and never give consent for a search....even if they say their dogs smell something. If their dogs truly smelled something, I dont believe the police would not have needed his consent to search the truck.

Exactly! Thanks for chiming in Blaster!

animal87
10-07-2014, 08:52 PM
A warrant is needed to look in something locked up like a car truck as well, as long as you dont give consent to search. You dont even have to speak back or answer any questions. I wish people would stand up for their rights and stuff like this wouldnt happen, the police/government work for you! You pay their bills! Not the other way around.

BLUELABEL
10-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Yea some people fold some don't, I guess u won't know till your in the position.... Life ruined over 8 amps? That's sad.

blaster
10-09-2014, 05:17 PM
A warrant is needed to look in something locked up like a car truck as well, as long as you dont give consent to search. You dont even have to speak back or answer any questions. I wish people would stand up for their rights and stuff like this wouldnt happen, the police/government work for you! You pay their bills! Not the other way around.

Thank you for the clarification. Most likely the cops told him; "Our dogs are smelling drugs. Either give us consent to search or we will keep you here for the next hour while we get a warrant....then we will find your drugs". Waiting that extra hour and calling their bluff by refusing the search would have saved him a lot more time and trouble. Any lawyer could have saved his ass and job.

jucied-to-the-tits
10-10-2014, 02:46 PM
This shit fucking pisses me off. With all of the fucked up shit that is going on in this country they are busting this guys balls. REALY ARE U FUCKING KIDDING ME !!!!! 2 400MG BOXES AND 14 PINS!!!!! Yea lets not worry about the important shit like terrorist cell groups popping up everywhere, people getting there legs blown off at marathons. NO NO LETS BUST THIS GUYS BALL!!!!! LETS RUIN THIS GUYS LIFE OVER A LITTLE GEAR!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!

Emman
10-10-2014, 03:16 PM
DumbAss needs learn how to drive

rocky83
10-10-2014, 04:35 PM
This is kind of ridiculous!

Rooroo
10-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Wow the story of why the High School cancelled the rest of the football season is national news . Evidently there was some extreme hazing going on that was sexual in nature.

No mention of the former ass coach and his legal problems.
Stay tuned this story sounds as if it's going to get very interesting .

BNSFPharmaceuticals
10-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Blaster gave perfect advice....dogs don't smell AAS unless whoever handled it had been around or handling coke heroin pot etc