PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP-female to use arimadex or nolvadex

jluc
10-14-2014, 03:41 AM
Female: NPC Nationals. currently on Test, var, hcg. coach said to use arimadex for the last 3 weeks to really shred out the belly..

INPUT PLEASE!!!!

jluc
10-14-2014, 05:08 AM
No one has any info?? lol

animal87
10-14-2014, 09:28 AM
She needs advice from another female competitor and labs. Women can mess themselves up very easily, their system is more complex than ours and some of the sides they can get is irreversible.

Hatefactory
10-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah that's tough bro. How is the test working out for her and what mg is she running it at?

jluc
10-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Ok. She is on:
10mg var/day
25mg primo 3x a week
1iu HGH am
1 iu HGH pm post train every day

Need some help! Trying to post pics. Resized and didnt work. Dunno how to do it from the app

jluc
10-14-2014, 01:55 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/14/4322c0bfe53259cff6b7d8d2ca91c6bc.jpg

Rooroo
10-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Yep that's a national level figure physique right there!

jluc
10-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Yep that's a national level figure physique right there!
lol. thats last season. she is way better now! Im happy to know this girl.. great person too. single mother of 3.. oops i said single lol

Rooroo
10-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Tell her we are routing for her here at the brotherhood !!

jluc
10-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Tell her we are routing for her here at the brotherhood !!
Def will bro! She is working hard right now.. I need some help though with this! lol.. Can someone get ahold of a knowledgeable female to chime in???

Rooroo
10-14-2014, 04:53 PM
I'll reach out to a friend who competed a few years back. It would certainly be nice to have a bigger female presence here at the BHOP .

jluc
10-14-2014, 05:03 PM
I'll reach out to a friend who competed a few years back. It would certainly be nice to have a bigger female presence here at the BHOP .
Thanks man.. she called me for my opinion and i said WAIT... let me get ahold of a pro female.. do NOT listen to ANY guy.. lol.. so she is on hold..

kickingbear
10-14-2014, 05:31 PM
do NOT listen to ANY guy.. lol.. so she is on hold..

So right bro!! This strategy works but need someone experienced to outline... She may be better off with a blocker (nolva) than an AI if she still has ovaries. 99% of her E is coming from them... but my knowledge of how AIs work in females is in relation to cancer treatment... I know females use nolva for 30 days or so before a show to harden up...

Sure hope we get a female to chime in... would be nice to learn more about this...

jluc
10-14-2014, 05:36 PM
So right bro!! This strategy works but need someone experienced to outline... She may be better off with a blocker (nolva) than an AI if she still has ovaries. 99% of her E is coming from them... but my knowledge of how AIs work in females is in relation to cancer treatment... I know females use nolva for 30 days or so before a show to harden up...

Sure hope we get a female to chime in... would be nice to learn more about this...

Thats what i thought! Nolvadex!.. i told her i recommend that but not to take it until i verify....
I need to know dosages too.. i was hoping the lady that posted all that good stuff abt the var would chime in!

kickingbear
10-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Thats what i thought! Nolvadex!..

Man... over at XL there was a female who had exp with this... wish I could remember the cycle she posted... she was full of great info .... Knew how to run hard gear w/o looking like a drag queen... I think I may be able to find her... she left BB and is a PL now... made the London Oly team...

jluc
10-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Dude.. find her!!!

wook
10-14-2014, 10:42 PM
The one and only thing that this board lacks is female input...Everything else is top notch! Sorry nobody has an answer for her!!! Have you tried the Iron Den? I researched some stuff for my wife on there and there is a lot of female input on that board... Not to push another board or anything!

spoolin
10-14-2014, 11:22 PM
I'd be very leary on having any female run test. Var is the way to go IMO. My fiance is now running 20mg a day (split every 12 hrs) with great results and she could go into NPC figure if she wanted to but she is happy beating up the class in bikini. LOL

This is her before and after just running var at 10mg per day the first run. She is quite a bit bigger and looks even better now.

kickingbear
10-15-2014, 03:12 PM
jluc.... hope this is helpful....

I sent her a PM and got a reply!!! Here is what she said:

"If she is premenopausean AI will do nothing for her. Nolva only for a fertile female. 20 mg a day for6 to 8 weeks . 10mg in the a.m and 10 in the p.m...Taper is good though Ifind that a rebound is inevitable. Keep the diet clean... works best with extracardio."

Just make sure she is aware of the sides... most common are headache and joint pain...

Var would be a good addition... but gotta be careful with UG... I saw back in May (on another board) dude had Var he tested & turned out to be Winny ... I would get a kit and test any Var before giving to a female just to be safe... this was a trusted source... I test all my orals now....

Here is some feedback from a woman who used Nolva....

Nolvadex did indeed speed fat loss from herbuttocks and upper thighs'both of which have a preponderance of estrogenreceptors in women. Paradoxically, however, it also limited her ability to losefat from her abdominal area. Then there were the side effects: loss of breastmass, night sweats and hot flashes, the latter effects due to the chemicalmenopause induced by Nolvadex. Because it effectively blocks estrogen action inwomen, it also increases testosterone activity.

Potential side effects in women:

'Endometrial cancer, or cancer of the uterus
'Excessive blood clotting, which can lead to a stroke
'Birth defects if used during pregnancy
'Ovarian cysts
'Loss of bone density due to lack of estrogen activity
'Cataracts and other eye damage affecting the cornea and retina
'Hot flashes
'Vaginal discharge
'Loss of sex drive

More info:

nolvadex and fat loss:
Nolvadex has estrogenic properties on fat in that it increases lipolisis (fatmobilization). To quote from a couple of studies:

"Tamoxifen, a nonsteroidal antiestrogenic antitumor agent, has weakestrogen-like effects on lipid metabolism, however, the mechanism remainsunknown. We previously reported that tamoxifen decreases the activity oflipoprotein lipase (LPL), a key enzyme in triglyceride metabolism, in patientswith breast cancer." (1)

"Treatment of ovariectomized rats with the nonsteroidal antiestrogentamoxifen mimicked the effects of estradiol and caused significant decreases infood intake and body weight. The decreases in body weight were reflected mainlyin a decreased body fat content" (2)

So by acting as an estrogen, it increases lipolysis. This means more fattyacids are released into the blood stream to serve as a POTENTIAL fuel source.Does this mean it causes people to lose weight? Not necessarily. There is aperception that the opposite occurs, but studies have shown this not be thecase. Tamoxifen has no significant effect on weight. To quote from yet anotherstudy:

"The purpose of this research study was to determine if weight gain isassociated with tamoxifen therapy and to observe the impact of weight gain onrecurrence and survival. Prognostic indicators, changes in weight, and diseasestatus from diagnosis to the end of treatment were studied in 200 consecutiveStage I and II breast cancer patients, not receiving systemic chemotherapy,admitted from 1986 to the present, with observation periods ranging from 3-5years. A mean weight gain of 1.2 Kgs was seen in all patients; however, weightgain was not significantly different for those receiving tamoxifen vs. thosenot receiving tamoxifen, (P = 0.66, CI 95% for the difference -1.8 Kgs to +1.2Kgs)." (3)

It is interesting to speculate why if nolvadex increases lipolysis it does notlead to weight loss. One possibility is that the subjects, cancer patients,aren't exercising to take advantage of the mobilized fat. The other possibilityis that since nolvadex lowers GH and IGF-1, a reduction in those hormonesblunts any potential weight loss.

The fact that Nolvadex increases lipolysis so much is actually a seriousproblem. The blood stream is flooded with fatty acids that can causehyperlipidemia. This can cause cardiovascular problems, pancreatitis, fattyliver, and a general accumulation of fat around the organs.

This suggests to me that if you intend to use nolvadex you should have a lowfat, high fiber diet to lower the blood lipids, and get plenty of exercise toburn all the fat the nolvadex has mobilized for you. I agree with Dan Duchainethat nolva CAN cause fat loss if you take full advantage of its potential.

References
(1) Horm Res 2000;53(1):36-9
Tamoxifen inhibits lipoprotein activity: in vivo and in vitro studies.
Hozumi Y, Kawano M, Hakamata Y, Miyata M, Jordan VC.

(2) Am J Physiol 1993 Jun;264(6 Pt 2):R1219-
Tamoxifen mimics the effects of estradiol on food intake, body weight, and bodycomposition in rats.
Wade GN, Heller HW.

(3) Breast Cancer Res Treat 1997 Jun;44(2):135-
Weight gain associated with adjuvant tamoxifen therapy in stage I and II breastcancer: fact or artifact?
Kumar NB, Allen K, Cantor A, Cox CE, Greenberg H, Shah S, Lyman GH.

jluc
10-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Dude. You rock!!!!

kickingbear
10-15-2014, 04:20 PM
wow Spoolin! What a difference... she's def rockin that bikini!!

How much cardio was she doing?

fitchick88
10-15-2014, 06:49 PM
wow Spoolin! What a difference... she's def rockin that bikini!!

How much cardio was she doing? Those pictures spoolin posted are of me and thank you btw. I'm currently doing 4 days of cardio and each session I do 30 mins. As I am prepping for another show in 3 weeks :)

kickingbear
10-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Those pictures spoolin posted are of me and thank you btw. I'm currently doing 4 days of cardio and each session I do 30 mins. As I am prepping for another show in 3 weeks :)

Hi fitchick! Nice to see a female presence her! Good luck with the show! Is the cardio once a day or 2?

spoolin
10-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks, just wanted to show what var only can do and that was a really low dose that go around. She was/is doing morning cardio 3-4 days a week (some days fasted or with only a small low carb protein shake before) and also doing some prowler sled pushes. Her butt and legs are her best asset and are even better this round. Shoulders are really popping this go around too at 20mg on the var. She should really shine at the Nov NPC show. Would really love for her to get a sponsor one day, she really works hard and deserves it.

kickingbear
10-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Would really love for her to get a sponsor one day, she really works hard and deserves it.

Bump!! it def shows.... Might try Beverly... they are a big sponsor in my neck of the woods... Now I am really wanting to try some var! Damn..

spoolin
10-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Beverly, I'll look into that. She does cardio only in the morning btw and hits the weights with me at night after work.

When you go to get some var, look at getting it through EGH. He tests his and won't sell it unless it comes back legit. BTW, he is taking a break for a bit so you won't be able to order right now but he should be back up and running soon.

kickingbear
10-21-2014, 05:47 PM
When you go to get some var, look at getting it through EGH. He tests his and won't sell it unless it comes back legit. BTW, he is taking a break for a bit so you won't be able to order right now but he should be back up and running soon.

Thanks Bro! I know it is hard to find the real deal...