PDA

View Full Version : Weight gain on cycle

gamemania
10-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi fellas,

On my last few cycles I have noted that I made about 80% of my total weight gain in the first 4 weeks of what is usually a 10-12 week cycle. I generally gain about 20lbs on cycle and use only short acting gear.

Even on short acting gear, I thought that it would take at least 2 weeks for the gear to really kick in. Why then is the weight gain quickly coming to a halt when it should be picking up as the cycle progresses.

I am fairly certain that most of the weight gained in the first 4 weeks is water weight. When is the actual muscle gain taking place? Could it be that as the cycle progresses the weight remains the same as muscle is built while water is eliminated from the body?

When I attempt to up my cals after the 4 week mark to keep the weight gain going, I usually see it impact my waistline so I try not to overdo the calorie increase especially since 20lbs is more than enough weight gain per cycle.

I am starting to wonder if most of what is gained is really just water??

kubes
10-20-2014, 04:34 PM
What does your nutrition plan look like?

bdad
10-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi fellas,

On my last few cycles I have noted that I made about 80% of my total weight gain in the first 4 weeks of what is usually a 10-12 week cycle. I generally gain about 20lbs on cycle and use only short acting gear.

Even on short acting gear, I thought that it would take at least 2 weeks for the gear to really kick in. Why then is the weight gain quickly coming to a halt when it should be picking up as the cycle progresses.

I am fairly certain that most of the weight gained in the first 4 weeks is water weight. When is the actual muscle gain taking place? Could it be that as the cycle progresses the weight remains the same as muscle is built while water is eliminated from the body?

When I attempt to up my cals after the 4 week mark to keep the weight gain going, I usually see it impact my waistline so I try not to overdo the calorie increase especially since 20lbs is more than enough weight gain per cycle.

I am starting to wonder if most of what is gained is really just water??

I'm a fan of BULK especially in the cooler months of the year. If I feel like I've stop growing I change my workouts up and increase the calories.

kubes
10-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Good point Bdad it's important to change your food every 4-6 weeks just like changing your training. Our body's are to good at adjusting to what we do.

JRock
10-20-2014, 09:47 PM
^ never heard that point. Interesting.

Largerthannormal
10-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Why not keep your cycles short? Quick blast, fast recovery. Can go back on sooner..sometimes you have to find what works for you and not follow the crowd. If you stop making quality gains come off.. No since in sticking bad weight on and having to spend more time taking it off.. At some point you may also need to Increase your cardio to help burn the fat. Also it could be a metabolism issue .let's see your food brother

Jozifp103
10-28-2014, 11:55 AM
sounds like a diet issue. get your nutrition down before you cycle again and the gains will keep coming.

Dbolish
10-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Good point Bdad it's important to change your food every 4-6 weeks just like changing your training. Our body's are to good at adjusting to what we do.

im sorry but your body cannot adjust to foods. foods are a source of energy, the human body would be extremely inefficient if it adapted to foods

Hatefactory
10-28-2014, 01:00 PM
im sorry but your body cannot adjust to foods. foods are a source of energy, the human body would be extremely inefficient if it adapted to foods

How can you say our bodies don't adjust to foods?

Look at lactose intolerance in Asia. Or any kind of food allergy for that matter.

Dbolish
10-28-2014, 01:22 PM
How can you say our bodies don't adjust to foods?

Look at lactose intolerance in Asia. Or any kind of food allergy for that matter.

food allergies are different, but 50g of protein from chicken will always be 50g of protein. your body doesnt just stop absorbing it

Hatefactory
10-28-2014, 01:24 PM
food allergies are different, but 50g of protein from chicken will always be 50g of protein. your body doesnt just stop absorbing it

That's true but I also feel that switching up protein sources does have benefits. I definitely feel and look better when I eat 50 grams of protein from food than when I drink a shake ya know?

Dbolish
10-28-2014, 01:29 PM
That's true but I also feel that switching up protein sources does have benefits. I definitely feel and look better when I eat 50 grams of protein from food than when I drink a shake ya know?

yeh i agree with that, i get all my calories from actual food. Not a fan of supplememts personally. But yeh i do prefer a mix of protein sources just to get a good amino acid profile

animal87
10-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Your body tries to adapt to everything it comes into contact with, including food. If a baby isnt feed dairy products after it stops breastfeeding it will most likely become lactose intolerant (depending on their heritage probably wont happen to European hertiage), which isnt really an allergy the body just cant digest that food any more.

animal87
10-28-2014, 01:44 PM
If you eat a vegetarian or nearly vegetarian diet then try to consume alot of meat you wont be able to use the bathroom very easily for quite some time.