PDA

View Full Version : Anderson bodybuilder sentenced in steroid trafficking case

PAiN
10-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Anderson bodybuilder sentenced in steroid trafficking case
5:36 PM, Oct 30, 2014

An Anderson County bodybuilder is headed to federal prison for selling steroids from China to customers across the nation via his website, court records show.

Michael de Souza Neto has struck a deal with the U.S. attorney's office to plead guilty to charges of conspiracy to distributed anabolic steroids and being a felon in possession of a cache of guns. The plea agreement calls for a sentence of 78 months, or just over six years.

It's rare to find a steroid conspiracy case in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, but court records show Neto was no gym rat steroids hustler. He made tens of thousands of dollars from customers that spanned the country.

He had a website and a stash house. Federal authorities seized more than $60,000 in December 2013 as well as "several kilograms of what appeared to be powdered anabolic steroids in separate plastic bags," more than 200 vials of an anabolic steroid liquid, ledgers detailing his Internet sales, recipes for using cutting agents to boost the quantity of steroid powder he offered for sale, detailed shipping instructions for each customer and an arsenal of guns, including an AK-47 semi-automatic rifle, according to the plea agreement.

The identities of his customers were not listed in court records.

Neto, who lived in Andersonville and kept a stash house in Tazewell, Tenn., operated Southern Fitness, a gym in Clinton he billed as state-of-the-art.

In June 2012, he began buying bulk quantities of anabolic steroids from China and set up a website from which to peddle them, Assistant U.S.

Attorney Caryn Hebets wrote in the plea agreement. Authorities raided his home and stash house in early December 2013, although court records do not detail what spurred the search.

Once arrested, Neto called his grandmother using a Blount County Jail phone in which inmates are notified their conversations will be recorded. He spoke "in coded language, referenced additional items located in a separate location, including ‘sixty-five' thousand dollars," the agreement stated. Agents confronted the grandmother three days later, and she turned over $60,600 in cash "which had been removed from a storage unit the day before."

Defense attorney T. Scott Jones said de Souza Neto agreed to skip a grand jury review of the case and plead guilty, in part, to protect his grandmother from prosecution as an accessory.

"We're pleased to reach an agreed upon resolution … that insulates his family from prosecution," Jones said Thursday.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/watchful-eye/anderson-bodybuilder-sentenced-in-steroid-trafficking-case_85068032

Mfire
10-30-2014, 10:20 PM
That sux, do we know what supplier

animal87
10-30-2014, 10:32 PM
If anybody finds a pic of this guy or the cops who arrested him send it to me.

Schredder
10-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Another complete waste of time and tax payers money brought to you buy the 'justice' system and law enforcement. Do these people have nothing better to do and more pressing cases to take care of.

Dick
10-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Just keep pissing our money away US Government. Maybe use the money to start tracking down murderers, rapist and "drug" dealers.

If they would just legalize gear they would make money rather than spend money ;)

Dont wanna be old
10-31-2014, 12:06 AM
Many counties don't have funds to process rape kits .
The moral of the story :
Rapist are not very profitable for local government as a distrubuter is .

Dick
10-31-2014, 12:19 AM
Many counties don't have funds to process rape kits .
The moral of the story :
Rapist are not very profitable for local government as a distrubuter is .

That's very sad.

animal87
10-31-2014, 12:23 AM
The sad thing is that there are people who would want to work at a place that cares more about makeing money than a rapist walking free.

hunkstrum
10-31-2014, 01:03 AM
Just keep pissing our money away US Government. Maybe use the money to start tracking down murderers, rapist and "drug" dealers.

If they would just legalize gear they would make money rather than spend money ;)

People who sell steroids aren't drug dealers?

Dick
10-31-2014, 01:09 AM

Yes to the US government.

Mfire
10-31-2014, 01:14 AM
Come on man you don't wanna take money from the pharmaceutical companies selling narcotics legally, that would be immoral!

hunkstrum
10-31-2014, 01:17 AM
Yes to the US government.

Sorry. Let me ask a different question. If steroid dealers arent drug dealers, then who are drug dealers?

hunkstrum
10-31-2014, 01:22 AM
Come on man you don't wanna take money from the pharmaceutical companies selling narcotics legally, that would be immoral!

You think steroids are illegal because the government is protecting Big Pharma's right to distribution?

Dick
10-31-2014, 01:24 AM
Sorry. Let me ask a different question. If steroid dealers arent drug dealers, then who are drug dealers?

This is simple, The US Government and the FDA!

animal87
10-31-2014, 01:30 AM
You can't really put the government's thought into why anything is legal or illegal. They don't even read the bills they pass for the most part.

Dick
10-31-2014, 01:30 AM
You think steroids are illegal because the government is protecting Big Pharma's right to distribution?

No they are illegal because they are not making money off of them and they cannot do to sports and so called cheating.

Really do you believe drugs are illegal because they kill people? No they are not, they are illegal because the government cannot make money off of something that kills people it just wouldn't look right to sell a drug that everyone overdoses on and dies.

Mary Jane becoming legal everywhere and now the country is making money it's ok right? But no it's still a federal offense.

If anything should be illegal it's alcohol but they make to much money off of it so why would they make that illegal again?

Mfire
10-31-2014, 01:34 AM
I think anything that doesn't line political pockets that's illegal, there is a special interest group behind, whoever had the biggest handout to them dictates policy, look at weed, the paper industry lobbied to get it illegal so they could dominate the industry. There is always somebody paying to get shit made illegal. Steroids probably initially got outlawed because somebody won a contest or got a job in sports over someone else whose family had money, they started a campaign and bam, special interest group pays to get a law passed. The problem with steroids is ignorance, the general population believes in "roid rage" or you inject steroids and bam your Arnold, it's political propaganda to keep people away.

Mfire
10-31-2014, 01:35 AM
I think anything that doesn't line political pockets that's illegal, there is a special interest group behind, whoever had the biggest handout to them dictates policy, look at weed, the paper industry lobbied to get it illegal so they could dominate the industry. There is always somebody paying to get shit made illegal. Steroids probably initially got outlawed because somebody won a contest or got a job in sports over someone else whose family had money, they started a campaign and bam, special interest group pays to get a law passed. The problem with steroids is ignorance, the general population believes in "roid rage" or you inject steroids and bam your Arnold, it's political propaganda to keep people away.
Damn I type too slow!

Dick
10-31-2014, 01:38 AM
Anywho I love all these talks with you brothers I am not here to argue but to let people know how I feel. I am not saying I am right or wrong we all think differently.

That's why I love this place listening and talking seeing opinions as everyone here has an opinion!

Mfire
10-31-2014, 01:42 AM
Hell ya! I'm a conspiracy freak, I'll admit it

Dick
10-31-2014, 01:52 AM
Hell ya! I'm a conspiracy freak, I'll admit it

Hey brother everything you said I believe lol ;)

Clark Kent
10-31-2014, 02:54 AM
They are illegal fellas because like it or not uneducated people and even educated people can and will abuse them and these can kill you if your not careful! Hell even if you are careful they can kill you!

mean-greens
10-31-2014, 03:57 AM
When steroids were made illegal, there were all kinds of institutions against it including the DEA and the FDA..

hunkstrum
10-31-2014, 07:05 AM
No they are illegal because they are not making money off of them and they cannot do to sports and so called cheating.

Really do you believe drugs are illegal because they kill people? No they are not, they are illegal because the government cannot make money off of something that kills people it just wouldn't look right to sell a drug that everyone overdoses on and dies.

Mary Jane becoming legal everywhere and now the country is making money it's ok right? But no it's still a federal offense.

If anything should be illegal it's alcohol but they make to much money off of it so why would they make that illegal again?

The federal government makes money on the taxation of alcohol consumption, the sale of liquor licenses, the taxation of establishments that sell liquor (including payroll tax, property tax, etc...) but this product also produces a lot of jobs... If alcohol were made illegal tomorrow, there were be an aweful lot of people out of work...

That's just a small bit. For me, I would just like people not to give easy answers to complicated problems. Such things never really exist. This is a very large conversation. I just deleted several paragraphs to spare you all a headache... The bottom line is that steroids are illegal because Barack Obama is a Muslim :-) j/k

hunkstrum
10-31-2014, 07:11 AM
When steroids were made illegal, there were all kinds of institutions against it including the DEA and the FDA..

The banning of steroids was absolutely political. The degree of it's use was such that relatively very few people were actually affected by it, and so it was easy to make steroids a "boogie man." Steroids were made illegal because George H.W. Bush is a Muslim :-)

Mfire
10-31-2014, 12:43 PM
The federal government makes money on the taxation of alcohol consumption, the sale of liquor licenses, the taxation of establishments that sell liquor (including payroll tax, property tax, etc...) but this product also produces a lot of jobs... If alcohol were made illegal tomorrow, there were be an aweful lot of people out of work...

That's just a small bit. For me, I would just like people not to give easy answers to complicated problems. Such things never really exist. This is a very large conversation. I just deleted several paragraphs to spare you all a headache... The bottom line is that steroids are illegal because Barack Obama is a Muslim :-) j/k
I'm starting to like you more and more! Just like the safe act in NY, more people die from cigarettes and alcohol daily

Dick
10-31-2014, 12:45 PM
The banning of steroids was absolutely political. The degree of it's use was such that relatively very few people were actually affected by it, and so it was easy to make steroids a "boogie man." Steroids were made illegal because George H.W. Bush is a Muslim :-)

LMAO well said there bro!!