PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Says Door is Open for Brock Lesnar, But Ultimately It’s Up to Brock

PAiN
11-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Dana White Says Door is Open for Brock Lesnar, But Ultimately It’s Up to Brock

http://l.yimg.com/os/388/2012/02/18/mmaweekly-jpg_012133.jpg
November 19, 2014

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/JB_HcBajExcuZSPMOYnJ8g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM3NztweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02NzA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/MMAWeekly/Brock-Lesnar-287-UFC-91-750x370.jpg

Dana White Says Door is Open for Brock Lesnar, But Ultimately It’s Up to Brock

After losing to Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in December 2011, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar said, “Tonight was the last time you'll see me in the Octagon.”

It’s been nearly three years since that night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and Lesnar may have changed his mind.
During Monday’s “The Time is Now” press conference, UFC president Dana White said that the WWE superstar is interested in fighting again. Reportedly, the 37-year-old former titleholder’s contract with the biggest pro wrestling organization ends in April 2015.

During a recent interview with On The Record, White said the UFC is interested in a potential return of Lesnar, but, ultimately, it’s up to Lesnar.

“When Brock is ready, he’ll come back, if he’s ready. If he’s ready, he’ll come back. If not, he won’t,” said White.

Questioned whether he feels like he needs to re-sign Lesnar at all costs, White didn’t see it as that type of situation.

“He was huge for us, but I don’t think that way. It’s not like, oh my God, we have to get Brock Lesnar back. This is fighting. You have to want to fight. You have to want to do it. If Brock wants to come back; I have a great relationship with him, the door is open for him. And if he doesn’t, I wish him all the best,” said the UFC president.

The Las Vegas-based fight promotion’s brand is bigger than any one athlete. Superstars eventually retire and new stars emerge. It’s the nature of sports. The opportunity is there for Lesnar to return, if he wants to.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-white-says-door-open-brock-lesnar-ultimately-010515871--mma.html

Bigs251
11-20-2014, 07:31 AM
I'd love to see him back in the ring fighting but I'm starting to wonder if his age is starting to catch up with him

Dont wanna be old
11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
I look forward to his fights . Action and blood !

benoit23
11-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Def would love to see him back in the octagon. Very fun to watch!

kubes
11-20-2014, 01:09 PM
I do not see brock coming back. It would make for a great rematch with Cain though

animal87
11-20-2014, 01:18 PM
I never thought he was a particularly good fighter. He is just so big it was hard to take him down.

kubes
11-20-2014, 01:21 PM
I never thought he was a particularly good fighter. He is just so big it was hard to take him down.

He made his name in mma beating up frank Mir. His win over Shane Carwin was pretty impressive to but guys like junior dasontos and Cain I just do not thinker has the experience to compete with them

benoit23
11-20-2014, 01:23 PM
He made his name in mma beating up frank Mir. His win over Shane Carwin was pretty impressive to but guys like junior dasontos and Cain I just do not thinker has the experience to compete with them

Would still be fun to watch him try :Ttm81810BhOqmtb.jpg

wook
11-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Carwin had him beat too... He just gassed! I love watching big monsters fight though even it is for only one round!

kubes
11-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Carwin had him beat too... He just gassed! I love watching big monsters fight though even it is for only one round!

Yes.... I thought for sure Carwin was going to knock him out in that fight and then Brock submitted him. It was a good come back by Brock and it showed he could take a beating too.

Rooroo
11-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Lesnar seemed overwhelmed when punches were being thrown at his face. He's a freak and a bad-ass but seemed very awkward at times in the ring. Some of you fight guys can speak better to this but do u agree with me about the awkwardness ?

wook
11-20-2014, 06:05 PM
He was a bit awkward looking on his feet at times but strong as fuck! When he got someone on the ground, he was good!

kubes
11-20-2014, 06:08 PM
He was a bit awkward looking on his feet at times but strong as fuck! When he got someone on the ground, he was good!

He didn't look strong on is feet again Ovareem though :) Reem threw him around like a rag doll