PDA

View Full Version : Progesterone

spoolin
12-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

This may not be the right forum for this question so please move if so.

Anyway, I was looking to get some progesterone for hairloss while on cycle and was wondering where I could get legit prescription type? Also, does anyone know the best way to take it for hairloss? I've seen topical for sale but not sure how good it is. Was thinking pill form would be better but not sure.

PAiN
12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Thankfully hair loss is one side effect I don't get. I have seen alot on here talk about Propecia\Finasteride.Hopefully someone will chime in with what they use and how it has helped them.

animal87
12-07-2014, 07:43 PM
I've never heard of that. Seems like too many other issues could arise from using that.

Jozifp103
12-08-2014, 02:26 AM
no experience in using these products as my hairline seems to be holding so far. From what i hear about these products is that the side effects are not worth it. I've seen accounts where people use these products for a while only to drop them and shave their head due to bad sides.

Bigs251
12-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Bro progesterone is from your 19-nors like deca amd tren. It's not a cream or pill. Progesterone is what makes you lose your hair. This can help be prevented from either caber,prank,or bromo. Finastride is what you want

Mungus
12-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Hey guys,

This may not be the right forum for this question so please move if so.

Anyway, I was looking to get some progesterone for hairloss while on cycle and was wondering where I could get legit prescription type? Also, does anyone know the best way to take it for hairloss? I've seen topical for sale but not sure how good it is. Was thinking pill form would be better but not sure.

Assume you're meaning propecia....

Little BamBam
12-08-2014, 09:11 AM
i have also heard of using finastride but i have no experience luckily i havent gotten that side knock on wood. only stress makes me start losing my hair

Largerthannormal
12-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes Finastride , i have had good luck with it, even a research chem finastride should help.

benoit23
12-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Have you tried that Nizoral Shampoo? Not the kind you can get in stores (although that may help) but i've heard the 2% kind that is prescription. It can be found on certain sites. May be worth a shot.

Largerthannormal
12-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Have you tried that Nizoral Shampoo? Not the kind you can get in stores (although that may help) but i've heard the 2% kind that is prescription. It can be found on certain sites. May be worth a shot.

Also helps with alot of fungal conditions. I used to get this crap from wearing those tight under armour shirts when i was a fatty. Turns out they didnt let you breathe and the sweat build up causes some nasty itches. yes over 2% i think you need a script. I did anyway..

Jimmyinkedup
12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
You can try nizoral Shampoo (ketoconolzole) , topical spironolactone. These are topical anti androgens applied to the scalp. You can also try minoxidil which is basically a topical vasodilator. If you are going to go with an oral med Id go with dutsteride over finasteride. It is more effective than finasteride at half the dose and it inhibits both of the 5 ar isoenzymes, finasteride just inhibits one of them.

Blergs
12-08-2014, 10:18 PM
In canada 2% is non script. I think it helped hair. but I shave bald anyway for years now so I just let it go. fug it :P

spoolin
12-09-2014, 12:37 AM
I do use Rogaine foam and Nizoral 2% that I order from Brazil. I've used prescription Finasteride before daily but I think that's what caused my libido crash and I was taking the normal 5mg (mainly to stop prostate enlargement) daily at the time. From what I know, Propecia is just Finasteride at a lower dose for hairloss (1mg) but I'm affraid of the sides with it again.

Apparantly, Progesterone comes in a cream and pill form and is better for hairloss and regrowth without stoping DHT altogether. It was in the "gyno" thread and beanlicker listed some key things such as....... 2. If you are concerned about gyno, avoid finesteride at all costs. It lowers all 5a-reduced metabolites to undesirable levels and has an extremely long half-life which continues to suppress DHT levels long after discontinuing the drug. (9) Progesterone would be a better anti-DHT alternative if you are concerned with hair loss. Plus, progesterone can clear the system within 24hrs making a mistake in dosing much less risky.

Supposedly from the list/article, you also need DHT to control gyno. It's like a catch 22 with it. LOL

This is where I got the information on using progesterone for hairloss. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for all the help guys. Luckily the Rogaine foam twice daily and Nizoral 2% EOD seems to be helping some but I'd like to also try to regrow the hair thats slightly receding if possible, make certain no more is going away and thought progesterone would help.

spoolin
12-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Bro progesterone is from your 19-nors like deca amd tren. It's not a cream or pill. Progesterone is what makes you lose your hair. This can help be prevented from either caber,prank,or bromo. Finastride is what you want

I think you're thinking of prolactin. I do use caber for that while running tren, which is to help control any prolactin related gyno.