PDA

View Full Version : Eating before bed?

Mike1983
12-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Do you guys eat before bed and what do you eat? I eat six egg whites and some times when i wake up I don't feel hungry. Should I stop eating before bed?

benoit23
12-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Eating before bed is fine brother. Get some slow releasing protein that may be better than egg whites. Cottage cheese with some peanut butter or a casein shake with pb added. I eat 4 rice cakes with almond butter and a casein shake currently!

your123man
12-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Obv its very individual based but for me right now I eat 8oz 99% turkey, with some onions, spinich, and mushrooms before bed. I feel a high protein source can only benefit us for whatever our goal is.

If youre like benoit up here with a crazy fast metabolism, adding fats to that meal (nut butters etc) slow digestion and add a little bit more for your body to process, making you "full" for longer. And even more so if you can shread through carbs and burn fat like him, ALWAYS include some sort of carb before bed too if looking to put on lbm.

Our body works very very hard at night and burns more calories than one might think. If youre one of those, like me, that cannot add anything except just protein because your metabolism is shit, prep a casein/whey mixed shake next to you for if you wake up in the middle of the night.

benoit23
12-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Very well said^

PAiN
12-09-2014, 04:41 AM
Eating before bed is fine brother. Get some slow releasing protein that may be better than egg whites. Cottage cheese with some peanut butter or a casein shake with pb added. I eat 4 rice cakes with almond butter and a casein shake currently!

Obv its very individual based but for me right now I eat 8oz 99% turkey, with some onions, spinich, and mushrooms before bed. I feel a high protein source can only benefit us for whatever our goal is.

If youre like benoit up here with a crazy fast metabolism, adding fats to that meal (nut butters etc) slow digestion and add a little bit more for your body to process, making you "full" for longer. And even more so if you can shread through carbs and burn fat like him, ALWAYS include some sort of carb before bed too if looking to put on lbm.

Our body works very very hard at night and burns more calories than one might think. If youre one of those, like me, that cannot add anything except just protein because your metabolism is shit, prep a casein/whey mixed shake next to you for if you wake up in the middle of the night.

^^^What these guys said.

It really is goal dependent. I usually stick with Cottage Cheese and\or a Casein Shake.

animal87
12-09-2014, 05:00 AM
They all got you covered. I mix whey and casien together, I'm a fatass I cant eat fats before bed.

Banyan
12-09-2014, 05:12 AM
I love me some curried eggs on toast before bed.. Makes me nice and farty all night for the missus!!

Authentic_Elf
12-09-2014, 09:24 AM
About 50g of protein in the form of greek yoghurt mixed with casein protein, slow absorbing protein is great for sleep and doesn't get your insulin active before rest.

Fongy
12-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Some really good ideas here thanks brothers!! I tend to eat dinner quite late on occasion so couldn't possibly entertain the thought of a meal right before bed. Having said that, every morning I wake up quite hungry and food is always the first port of call...even when the mrs is in the mood to be intimate, breakfast always wins out lol

syrax
12-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Il usualy eat a late dinner before bed which will contain steak. If not its a cassein shake

Blergs
12-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Do you guys eat before bed and what do you eat? I eat six egg whites and some times when i wake up I don't feel hungry. Should I stop eating before bed?

I need to eat before bet or I cant sleep. but i try to make it light and high in protein. fist full of nuts, a protein drink.

danabol
12-10-2014, 09:37 AM
I need to eat before bet or I cant sleep. but i try to make it light and high in protein. fist full of nuts, a protein drink.
Im the same I find it hard not eat before bed. Except on MT2 otherwise I find it hard not to stuff my face till I pass out.
I just try to limit carbs and sugar before bed. I do often eat peanut butter and cheese before bed with a protein shake.