PDA

View Full Version : UFC Manditory Uniforms

billybudd
12-08-2014, 06:28 PM
I read somwhere that the UFC has a deal with Reebox to provide uniforms for the fighters and thier cornermen. This is not a team sport uniforms are not nessicery.
It will go into effect beginning the week of July 6, 2015, and it will totally eliminate independent sponsorships in the UFC. Reebok will serve as the exclusive outfitter for all UFC apparel around the world, and nearly all of the money from the deal—which Dana White (http://bleacherreport.com/dana-white) called the largest non-broadcast deal they've ever done—is allocated to the fighters.
The funds are allocated in a tiered system based on media rankings. Championship fighters will make the most, followed by tiers including fighters ranked 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and unranked fighters. The rankings are determined by a panel of media members, not the UFC.
Fighters will also receive 20 percent of royalties from merchandise sales from items with their name or likeness on them. This royalty will continue for the fighter's lifetime, and will also include sales for veteran and retired fighters who are no longer with the UFC. BULLSHIT GREED

Blergs
12-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Doesn't sound bad to me....

PAiN
12-09-2014, 04:31 AM
Good deal on the lifetime royalty for fighters, but I still don't like the uniform idea. This should be interesting.

Hatefactory
12-09-2014, 04:36 AM
I guess it depends on how much the fighters were pulling in off of the private advertising investors.

Either way they are all still making money so everyone should be happy

Sensato
12-09-2014, 05:22 AM
Any links to this info? Or just speculation
20% royalties is a great deal.

Jimmyinkedup
12-10-2014, 06:44 PM
According to ex UFC fighters like John Fitch this will hurt the fighters earning potential big time. According to him and what he was making via sponsors this deal, while it has a couple good things, will overall hurt the total earnings & earning potential big time. Just what I have read.

billybudd
12-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Man I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't think it will be good for future Tapout wanabes . Maybe they will require a Rebox desighned manditory Tattoo .

toppjimie
12-17-2014, 09:57 PM
According to ex UFC fighters like John Fitch this will hurt the fighters earning potential big time. According to him and what he was making via sponsors this deal, while it has a couple good things, will overall hurt the total earnings & earning potential big time. Just what I have read.
I just read about Fitch and some other fighter's filing a lawsuit against Zuma & Co.claiming the UFC has a monopoly on the mixed martial arts.stay tuned to this law suit