PDA

View Full Version : UFC fight night tonight

kubes
12-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Anyone gonna watch this tonight on fox sports 1? I always like free fights

wook
12-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Who's fighting tonight? I watched last week, but didn't realize there are more on tonight? There is NFL on tonight too!

kubes
12-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Machida vs Dollaway in the main event. Who do you like?

studmuffin
12-20-2014, 11:11 PM
I may have to watch this if it is free. I do not know the name of the fighters but my wife and I enjoy the fights.

kubes
12-20-2014, 11:12 PM
I may have to watch this if it is free. I do not know the name of the fighters but my wife and I enjoy the fights.

I will be back from the gym in time to post up during the fights. I hope Machida gets stomped!!

studmuffin
12-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Go tear it up!

Discobiky
12-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Machida easily ...dollaway aint got a chance

kubes
12-21-2014, 01:23 AM
Machida easily ...dollaway aint got a chance

I just cant stand Machida he has no offense. He just counter strikes like Liddel used to. It works for him often and if he looses to Dollaway i think the UFC will cut him

Discobiky
12-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Counter striking is the karate way but yeah i do agree he has to move backwards less move forward and throw combo's i just hope dollaway doesnt try to grind out a wrestlers win by trying to just take him down for 5 rounds machita does have good takedown defense though and his jiu jitsu is sposed to be good but we never see it

kubes
12-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Counter striking is the karate way but yeah i do agree he has to move backwards less move forward and throw combo's i just hope dollaway doesnt try to grind out a wrestlers win by trying to just take him down for 5 rounds machita does have good takedown defense though and his jiu jitsu is sposed to be good but we never see it

Machida has great take down defense and that will set the tone of the fight. The only way for Dollaway to win is to get the fight to the ground unless he gets a lucky punch in.

Discobiky
12-21-2014, 01:46 AM
I just cant stand Machida he has no offense. He just counter strikes like Liddel used to. It works for him often and if he looses to Dollaway i think the UFC will cut him

And i doubt they will cut him if he loses he has won 2 out of his last 3 and the guy has beaten some legends ect i will always remember the front kick knockout of couture ..legendary

kubes
12-21-2014, 01:49 AM
And i doubt they will cut him if he loses he has won 2 out of his last 3 and the guy has beaten some legends ect i will always remember the front kick knockout of couture ..legendary

With back to back losses it wouldn't surprise me at all. I have seen Dana cut more Talented fighters in the past but you could be right. Time will tell

Dont wanna be old
12-21-2014, 10:00 PM
I watched it today .
Good fights .
Poor Dollaway went 30 seconds .
I think he will be hurting for days after that kick . :(

Dont wanna be old
12-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Oh Ya the Rampage Jackson announcement was disappointing

kubes
12-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Dollaway looked bad. Yes I was shocked about rampage

Discobiky
12-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Yeah im fairly sure rampages glory days are behind him but you never know just look at Mark hunt ,Randy couture,Robbie lawler and Vitor belfort ect these guys got a second chance and got better with age.

Discobiky
12-22-2014, 12:11 AM
Tbh Rampage is a heavyweight style fighter i would like to see him chuck on 30-40 pounds and go play with some knockout kings like Mark hunt ,big country ect ...now that would be fun to watch.

kubes
12-22-2014, 12:29 AM
Yeah im fairly sure rampages glory days are behind him but you never know just look at Mark hunt ,Randy couture,Robbie lawler and Vitor belfort ect these guys got a second chance and got better with age.

He can still play a role a stepping stone for up comers but his days of being in title contention sadly are over. He was great back in pride and his early days in the ufc. He really slipped after the loss to Griffen.

wook
12-22-2014, 04:31 AM
I missed it! Darn it! I'll check out that kick on line though!

kubes
12-22-2014, 04:32 AM
I missed it! Darn it! I'll check out that kick on line though!

Honestly you didn't miss much Wook! The next big one will be Jones and Cormier

Discobiky
12-22-2014, 04:42 AM
My prediction...Jones win by knockout 3rd round he is gonna pick him apart first.

kubes
12-22-2014, 04:44 AM
My prediction...Jones win by knockout 3rd round he is gonna pick him apart first.

I have never liked Cormier but he has beat everyone that has been put in front of him. He is a pretty heavy guy for LHW. I hope your right though. He threw Hendo around like he was nothing.

Discobiky
12-22-2014, 04:57 AM
Nah you never really know until the fight ,injuries,nerves ect
i am basing my opinion on i think he has the wrong body shape and fighting style to beat jones
the only ones to come close were gustaffson and he had the same height reach ect all other stocky blokes jones has destroyed with his advanced use of range ect

kubes
12-22-2014, 05:00 AM
Just depends on if Cormier can close the distance? If he can he will probably win but if Jones can punish him while he tries to close it will be a tough night for Cormier. It should be a good fight

Discobiky
12-22-2014, 05:03 AM
Yeah mate cant wait!!

kubes
12-22-2014, 05:08 AM
Yeah mate cant wait!!

I am looking forward to it. I have a buddy and I that get together for big bbq's and split the cost of the fights

Discobiky
12-22-2014, 05:13 AM
Yeah it aint cheap ,me and my son usually go to our local pub to watch it or if its not one im overly eager to see i just download about four hours after the event

kubes
12-22-2014, 05:17 AM
Yeah it aint cheap ,me and my son usually go to our local pub to watch it or if its not one im overly eager to see i just download about four hours after the event

Yeah we have a couple places in town that do that as well. Way to expensive to purchase by yourself IMO

juicehead1983
12-25-2014, 09:34 PM
I think Jones will win the fight but i would like to see someone beat him

kubes
12-25-2014, 09:56 PM
I think Jones will win the fight but i would like to see someone beat him

I agree it would be cool to see jones get beat but I doubt it's gonna happen

wook
12-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Jones will probably massacre him with knees and elbows. Dude has some sharp elbows. However, Cormier just seems to fight the right type of fight each and every time. There is some bad blood that I do not think is all fake, should make for an excellent fight!

kubes
12-25-2014, 11:09 PM
Jones will probably massacre him with knees and elbows. Dude has some sharp elbows. However, Cormier just seems to fight the right type of fight each and every time. There is some bad blood that I do not think is all fake, should make for an excellent fight!

Cormier is just so stinking big!!!