PDA

View Full Version : Misdelivered package leads to steroid lab bust in Fort McMurray

PAiN
01-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Misdelivered package leads to steroid lab bust in Fort McMurray

Edmonton, AB, Canada / iNews880

December 24, 2014 10:12 pm

On the heels of the largest steroid bust in Canadian history in Edmonton, the Mounties in Fort McMurray have discovered another illegal anabolic steroid production lab.

Constable Ashley Quallie says officers were executing a search warrant at the home of a suspected drug dealer on Paris Crescent on Dec. 7, when they were surprised to find an anabolic steroid production lab in the basement.

She says it led to the seizure of approximately 1.6 liters of liquid steroids, 1.3 kg of raw steroid powders, 4500 steroid pills and a pill press, as well as other equipment; along with small amounts of cocaine and marihuana, and an unauthorized firearm.

“At this point we have no information to suspect that it’s connected to anything bigger,” explained Quallie. “I haven’t been led to believe that, so I have to say at this point no. But that could change as more information may be gathered by our general investigation section.”
The steroids were being produced and labeled as “Phoenix Laboratories.”

The charges against Daniel Dube, who is 27, include production of anabolic steroids and possession for the purpose of trafficking steroids, along with possession of cocaine, marihuana, property obtained by crime and an unauthorized firearm.

He’s also been charged with possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and unsafe storage of a firearm.

Constable Quallie says they originally had the suspect under surveillance, and finally had enough for a search warrant when one of his neighbours received a package addressed to the suspect’s home and opened it anyway.

“There was no name on it and the person just happened to open it — from my understanding — and then noticed that it was this powder, and then brought it to the police station.”

She says the powder turned out to be a narcotic.

Back on Oct. 2, ALERT announced it had broken up a highly sophisticated underground steroid manufacturing and distribution operation in Edmonton, seizing $9.3-million worth of illegal steroids and laying charges against four people. (td)

Source:

http://www.inews880.com/2014/12/24/misdelivered-package-leads-to-steroid-lab-bust-in-fort-mcmurray/

Mz1220
01-05-2015, 05:37 PM
That's kinda scary. My last pack got sent express mail and supposedly the person that delivers express is different than the normal post man. Anyway they delivered it to a house down the street from me. I checked the tracking and it said it was delivered so I went to the post office and asked about it. The lady swore up and down she delivered it to my address. Finally she said follow me to the address I delivered it to sure enough it was on my neighbors doorstep. I just shook my head. My address was on the pack my street number is right where u can see it. No excuse for putting on the wrong address. What if my I didn't catch it and they opened it?

DBert
01-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Scary shit man. Those fucks shouldn't be opening mail without their name on it. Pretty sure that's against the law too. And it says the pack had no name on it and they just happened to open it. How often does that shit happen.

Dionysus
01-05-2015, 08:59 PM
100% federal offense to open mail not in the persons name. A good lawyer could this dismissed alone if the guy didnt get his home raided and they get all the aas. Dont understand why people shit where they sleep.

DBert
01-05-2015, 09:02 PM
But it's like, they shouldn't have raided it in the first place because the mail shouldn't have been opened by anyone other than the person that was supposed to get it. But it's too late now right?

Mfire
01-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Canada is different, their justice system up there is even more fkd up than ours, they can get a search warrant and come into your house if your neighbor says you threatened them with no further evidence, I have a friend who had all his guns taken because his neighbor did just that, he had it all on tape provng it was the other way around, he's spent over 10k in lawyer fees trying to get them back over two years

HebenSchwere
01-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Scary shit man. Those fucks shouldn't be opening mail without their name on it. Pretty sure that's against the law too. And it says the pack had no name on it and they just happened to open it. How often does that shit happen.

A lot. It happened to my stepson back in the summer. He had ordered a cell phone and when it arrived, the box was all patched up with scotch tape. Phone was there but it was blatantly obvious someone had opened it. A few DAYS later my elderly neighbor calls to inform me that they had opened his package. Said they had been expecting a package as well, it came to there house originally, they opened it and realized it wasn't theirs. Guess they didn't even bother to look at the name, until they realized what was in there. So they slapped a bunch of clear scotch tape on it and set it in front of my door. Just another good reason not to have gear sent to your house if you can help it.

KICKSTAND
01-06-2015, 12:08 AM
I get the wrong mail in my box at least every couple of weeks. I just walk to whichever neighbor it belongs to and give it to them. It leaves me wondering how often it's happening to me without my mail being returned. It really bothers me when gear is on the way. I just know the dumb ass mail man. Is going to screw a package of mine up!!

FrankTheTank
01-14-2015, 04:43 PM
That's kinda scary. My last pack got sent express mail and supposedly the person that delivers express is different than the normal post man. Anyway they delivered it to a house down the street from me. I checked the tracking and it said it was delivered so I went to the post office and asked about it. The lady swore up and down she delivered it to my address. Finally she said follow me to the address I delivered it to sure enough it was on my neighbors doorstep. I just shook my head. My address was on the pack my street number is right where u can see it. No excuse for putting on the wrong address. What if my I didn't catch it and they opened it?

Same thing happened to me before. Old lady down the street got my pack and instead of bringing it to my house she took it to the post office. The post office she took it to wasn't even our post office, it was another city's. Thankfully the people at the post office looked me up in the phone book and called me and said my pack was at their office. Scanned as delivered too.

FrankTheTank
01-14-2015, 04:46 PM
100% federal offense to open mail not in the persons name. A good lawyer could this dismissed alone if the guy didnt get his home raided and they get all the aas. Dont understand why people shit where they sleep.

Mail gets put in the wrong mailbox all the time and accidentally opened. Sure he could say that there's no way to tell if the drugs were put in there after it was delivered. But I'm pretty sure the old lady that opened it by mistake isn't going to get in trouble. Besides, they said the pack had no name on it.

JayDiesel
01-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Very scary and yet another example of the dangers of the game we're in and why its so important to take extra precautions to keep everyone involved safe. Its best to use a po box but mix ups are even possible there and I've heard some horror stories of post office arrests..

jinko
01-15-2015, 03:58 AM
i had a pack at mailbox store put in wrong mailbox. I told they guy it's listed as delivered so where is it? He said he look tomorrow for it. I stared at him and said no you'll find it in 5 minutes, and BTW you now have 4.5 minutes...I'd get to stepping.

DBert
01-15-2015, 06:35 AM
Mail gets put in the wrong mailbox all the time and accidentally opened. Sure he could say that there's no way to tell if the drugs were put in there after it was delivered. But I'm pretty sure the old lady that opened it by mistake isn't going to get in trouble. Besides, they said the pack had no name on it.

My question is how does a pack get from China to a us door step with no name? Isnt that necessary info for shipping something?